Windscreen repair

Trusty

Neutral Newbie

It was 2 yrs ago. If I remember correctly, if I pay it is $60. They claim from my insurance $80. They can do it at place of your choice but price slightly higher.

Glass Fix (Ubi Ave 3 Frontier EPark) at $55 and Auto Glass Fix (AMK Ind Pk 2 Blk 5032 #01-281) at $40.

If din kena rain, can fix on e spot otherwise wait 3 days for water to completely dry up or change new piece of windscreen.

Hope this helps...nt related to either company, only crossed paths due to flying pebbles tat love to make presence known to my windscreen.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

If it's only a small dent, suggest you DIY with a windshield repair kit that can easily take care of 10 repairs. The material cost per repair should not be more than s$3.90.

My windscreen had 0.7cm crack line since hit by sth while driving. It has been there for almost 2 yrs but the crack did not propogate. Shall I just ignore it? I think the wind screen is laminated. I do not feel the line inside but outside.

has anyone done it before? on chips

any recommendations?

I've done it, but if the chipped section is located in line of vision, it may still affect the vision slightly. For cracks, I won't bother repairing if it is directly in front of me as the line will still be visible - especially when the sun is shining towards you.

clean the area and stick a clear tape over the crack to prevent it from spreading wide.

i repaired mine previously but the crack juz keep coming back. maybe because of the odd shape of the crack. crescent moon one. zzz.

but the repair guy did told me no 100% due to the shape but i proceeded wif it anyway