CPF and EPF

Piyopico

Don't look at the absolute figures.

If like this, invest in rupiah is the best. Put in bank already got 11%.

not so high liao...at least for the ones i manage, 6.25% nia.

(edited)

that is where you are wrong

we have a national debt

this debt is a loan from the people of singapore

where it comes from your cpf

that debt "they pay" by installment. its not really nation debt to me... and they have the say to state when and how much to give if they like.....

every month cpf collection should be enough. No?

assuming 1 million local employee. average pay around 3k. total collection of cpf per month = $1080 x 1mil = 10 800 000 000!!!!!

Edited by Tom_kkh

Anyway, I think the gahmen mindset is different.... In SG, it's not the gahmen can't afford, but more like why should they.... Keep us on a tight leash so that we continue to be on the ball or otherwise all lui pa pa don't want to work doesn't look good on GDP... heh

Singapore credit rating is AAA so 2.5% is A LOT already.

Malaysia credit rating is ??? so 6% is very low for thier risk level.

... actually I guessing only...

Yeah you are guessing. The 6% at least is more than their inflation rate. For CPF our money is being eaten away by inflation & in the past even CPF is being reduced a lot after you are 50, which was a huge mistake , which they only realised now( I guess they were sleeping previously) but this is just History repeat itself.

Like in the past the HDB flats only had lifts stopping at every 4 floors(mistake)..Then now spend even more $( sorry owners money) to rectify the mistake..Ah can even threaten the occupants with " no upgrading unless you vote for us" cos of THEIR mistake. So every which way they are the WINNERS! [laugh]

U all forgot exchange rates. They may get more RINGGIT. But compared with absolute dollar, they may end up having less.

we feel rich looking at our cpf statement but not people up north   [sweatdrop]

Fire breaks out at Employees Provident Fund building in Malaysia: Report
13 Feb 2018 12:56PM (Updated: 13 Feb 2018 01:22PM)

epf-building-fire-1.jpg
Photos circulating on messaging platforms show the EPF building in flames. 

PETALING JAYA, Selangor: A fire broke out at the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) building on Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya on Tuesday (Feb 13), local media reported.

Photos and video circulating on messaging platforms and social media appeared to show the building engulfed in flames and thick smoke.

No casualties were reported and the blaze is under control, the Star Online reported, citing the fire and rescue department.

It added that the incident had caused bad traffic congestion and that police have cordoned off the road leading to Jalan Gasing to assist in firefighting efforts.

According to Twitter user Balthazar, the fire "spread within minutes" with smoke obscuring the top part of the building.

Will the figures for many accounts go up in smoke as well???

we feel rich looking at our cpf statement but not people up north   [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Just wanted to check for Malaysia their CPF is stated as EPF and for what i know EPF in malaysia is allowed to use to purchase private property and i am just curious can our Singapore CPF be use to purchase private properties?

↡ Advertisement