Ms Low Yen Ling "hit the nail on her head"

Yewheng

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1186081/1/.html

Ms Low said: "He had described this year's Budget as a change in the government's thinking and mindset. In the past, the government prioritised the economy, now it's prioritising at the foundation of society. I think this view is little narrow. As a little red dot without natural resources, Singapore has to be concerned about the economy at all times.

"Having worked at EDB for 10 years, I can feel this importance. Only with an effective economic policy can a country create wealth for society and have excess to enable people to live well."

The words in bold concisely explain it.. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Edited by Laserjet
↡ Advertisement

Oops.. I read wrongly is Ms Low Yen Ling

haha, than it should be Ms Low Yen Ling hit the nail on her head.

How to ask admin to change topic to " Ms Low Yen Ling hit the nail on her head " ??

Edited by Yewheng

Mr Low's comments prompted a rebuttal from MP for Chua Chu Kang GRC Low Yen Ling.

Ms Low said: "He had described this year's Budget as a change in the government's thinking and mindset. In the past, the government prioritised the economy, now it's prioritising at the foundation of society. I think this view is little narrow. As a little red dot without natural resources, Singapore has to be concerned about the economy at all times. Having worked at EDB for 10 years, I can feel this importance. Only with an effective economic policy can a country create wealth for society and have excess to enable people to live well."

>> i don't understand, where is the rebuttal? she seems like she's agreeing with LTK

Think she is saying the economy remains the priority as this policy remains THE way to create wealth. Err... does this mean the only rich, elite and FTs will continue to benefit from this priority and the rest of us to get bigger crumbs?

After careful reading I still confused, why channelnewsasia quote Ms Low as He ??? [laugh] [laugh]

Make me misread information and thought is Low Thia Khiang... -_- -_- -_-

You are sure one confused person. Ms Low said "He (Mr Low) had described......... ".

So simple. :D

Think she is saying the economy remains the priority as this policy remains THE way to create wealth. Err... does this mean the only rich, elite and FTs will continue to benefit from this priority and the rest of us to get bigger crumbs?

I fully support to remain economy remain as priority. It is when economy prosper, people generally will do well. When economy does not do well, people will generally not do well.

Edited by Yewheng

Does that mean PAP was wrong in their policies last time to realise it now..people come first? I prefer slower growth, less people, more space and simplier life as compare to now with IR,Glam and Expensive concept...Phew!

Does that mean PAP was wrong in their policies last time to realise it now..people come first? I prefer slower growth, less people, more space and simplier life as compare to now with IR,Glam and Expensive concept...Phew!

People come 1st also has its bad point, I mean government cannot please everyone, and if government keep set policies to please people, naturally people will demand more and more from the government. ( this is not healthy )

Yes, people is still of government concern, but economy should be the one above it.

Edited by Yewheng

I fully support to remain economy remain as priority. It is when economy prosper, people generally will do well. When economy does not do well, people will generally not do well.

Ok, in that case, I support! As long as I get bigger crumbs off the table...woof!...woof!

what she mean is if singapore economy not good. we will be like zimbawee... where the poor get even worse cause no money even to give goody lah.

A bit extreme, but i think extreme example easier to understand.

not always the case bro..... sometimes when pple get rich, they will still continue to pursue more material things.... and keep using LYL's justification to put monetary gains as the top and only thing to go after.....

maybe a more balanced approach is to set a target for econmic gains, and then channel some of the gains into other equally worthwhile pursuits.... $$ is never enough if the person set it as the only target

[laugh] the first thing come into my mind is excess = leftover.....

and then i wonder who are the "society" she refering to..... [laugh]

Ms Low said: "He had described this year's Budget as a change in the government's thinking and mindset. In the past, the government prioritised the economy, now it's prioritising at the foundation of society. I think this view is little narrow. As a little red dot without natural resources, Singapore has to be concerned about the economy at all times.

"Having worked at EDB for 10 years, I can feel this importance. Only with an effective economic policy can a country create wealth for society and have excess to enable people to live well."

Rebut for the sake of rebutting?? Does it mean that when the government prioritise the foundation of society, it will be done at the expense of the economy?? How did Ms Low interpret Mr Low's comment?

Anyway, the economy had been doing well for the past decades and can we say the people are living WELL??? Indeed if it is so, why is there so much resentment which resulted in the loss of support as opposed to previous elections?? Sheesh!

I believe the emigration of younger generations suggest the like of businesses doing clearance sale to empty the warehouse for incoming foreigners [shakehead] . More local born babies, more emigration later only. Busy doing nothing more than lip-service. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement