• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 33 praises

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Powder
  • Powder
    Banned

Visit My Website

This kind of rubbish car also have such a high depreciation????

I wonder what kind of fool would buy it.

Its such an old car, no power, no looks, no gadgets, no comfort....i am flabberghasted.

Edited by Powder, 02 March 2012 - 04:55 PM.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Powder
  • Powder
    Banned

a honda civic depreciate only around 8k+
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hussaini20
  • Premium member
    Hussaini20
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Visit My Website

Its such an old car, no power, no looks, no gadgets, no comfort....i am flabberghasted.

As keiichi tsuchiya would say... "its all abt balanced"

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Mecontle
  • Mecontle
    Banned

carve a bed out of the shell, discard the rusty bottom

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Antlau
  • Antlau
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

at most it is worth $10k (for the 2 years), balanced...yes...but people and cars have also moved onwards...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Visit My Website

Hmmm.... U can find me 1 that cost $12k for 2 yrs, I will be glad to buy from u.
Don't mind paying u $500 for your effort also...

But, must be no major accident. Wear & tear not so much (budget $3000 to top up).

This car is so close to 35years old so that it can register as classic in another few years down the road.
Buyer will be buying the body + 10% of PQP (classis scheme).

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

a honda civic depreciate only around 8k+

2005 models:
Alfa 156, vw Passat 2.0a, Opel, ford mondeo all cost less than $8k per annual.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Visit My Website

car is believe to be sold yesterday laugh.gif

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Fool or not...the car was SOLD!

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Mrmilktooth
  • Premium member
    Mrmilktooth
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

one man's meat, another's poison...

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Congrat to the seller new owner.

No hard feelings tongue.gif .

Edited by Vhtfhwlego, 06 March 2012 - 05:29 PM.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Poker
  • Poker
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hopefully the new owner manages to beat the Coe then..
if not 1 less jap classic on the roads:(
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."
Ayrton Senna

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hp93868686
  • Hp93868686
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Still cheaper than GT86 laugh.gif

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

vashachiroku
  • vashachiroku
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Does anyone know if an AE86 will be coming up for sale again?

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:05 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Does anyone know if an AE86 will be coming up for sale again?

If you don't mind, you can import one as a classic car but can only drive 45 days a year.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Agent008
  • Agent008
    Clutched
    Author Image

I don't see why not. This car attracts more attention than a regular bmw or luxury car.

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There are a lot of UK and US enthusiasts who have been actively restoring the AE86 and posting on Youtube. Just do a search and enjoy.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

vashachiroku
  • vashachiroku
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yea I'm one of them. My car is still at home. Carbon fiber hatch, hood, doors, fender. Fully restored removed every single bolt/nut/screw from the entire car. Upgrade to 20v Blacktop AE111 engine, but kept full interior. Car was LHD, but I got a front clip from Japan and converted to RHD. Project off/on took 3 years.

Going to fly home this summer to pull out all the wiring and re-wire the entire car, including new fuse boxes. Plus, I'm considering putting Aircon back in the car, but I want to do electric compressor like modern electric cars use that do not have pullies. Also plan to upgrade all bulbs to LEDS, put my Power Windows and Power Mirrors back in the car. Finally want to get the interior reupholstered.

pre-20v installation

1608.jpg

There are a lot of UK and US enthusiasts who have been actively restoring the AE86 and posting on Youtube. Just do a search and enjoy.

Edited by vashachiroku, 05 November 2017 - 06:45 PM.

Kusje, SiLangKia, Terrylmt and TangoElite praised this

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yea I'm one of them. My car is still at home. Carbon fiber hatch, hood, doors, fender. Fully restored removed every single bolt/nut/screw from the entire car. Upgrade to 20v Blacktop AE111 engine, but kept full interior. Car was LHD, but I got a front clip from Japan and converted to RHD. Project off/on took 3 years.

Going to fly home this summer to pull out all the wiring and re-wire the entire car, including new fuse boxes. Plus, I'm considering putting Aircon back in the car, but I want to do electric compressor like modern electric cars use that do not have pullies. Also plan to upgrade all bulbs to LEDS, put my Power Windows and Power Mirrors back in the car. Finally want to get the interior reupholstered.

pre-20v installation

attachicon.gif1608.jpg

Looks sweet man. And that's what I envy about you guys in Europe. Loads of space and opportunity to get your hands dirty and experience being proper petrolheads. Despite all the "grey skies" and "British weather", it is still a petrolhead-friendly place.

I certainly miss it.

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looks sweet man. And that's what I envy about you guys in Europe. Loads of space and opportunity to get your hands dirty and experience being proper petrolheads. Despite all the "grey skies" and "British weather", it is still a petrolhead-friendly place.

I certainly miss it.

That pic does not look like the UK. I think he is in the US.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: depreciate, AE86

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users