Old Chang Kee curry puff surprise

Jchuacl

Supercharged

If Mac is junk food,then OCK is sh1t from toilet. I rather go hungry than eat them

OCK standard dropped until Lao sai..... Too commercialize and poor quality....

Turbocharged

Customer service recovery doesn't look good. I still remember the old days when I love to visit the old Rex theatre where I can choose from 3 curry puff stalls (OCK was one of them).

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporesc...-234710682.html

And if I remember correctly, OCK was the least popular amongst the 3. Selera is definitely better but the best was near to the Cameron Chicken Rice coffee shop. Only buy OCK if the others sold out.

Anyway, alot of Malay stalls sell better curry puffs than OCK. AMK one is still one of the best.

If we are on the same track, the other one suddenly just closed shop 1 day and never re-opened again (I really missed that one). Now, my alternative is at Tip Top though recently, the quality seemed to have dropped a bit since the daughter took over to automate the whole process.

And if I remember correctly, OCK was the least popular amongst the 3. Selera is definitely better but the best was near to the Cameron Chicken Rice coffee shop. Only buy OCK if the others sold out.

Anyway, alot of Malay stalls sell better curry puffs than OCK. AMK one is still one of the best.

Turbocharged

Those Malay puffs are the type where the edges are "sealed" up by pressing with the fingers and you can see the finger prints after they're deep fried. Damn nice. Blast from the past. Old Chang Kee's puffs aren't finger sealed. Tak shiok already

You mean Tip Top?

Turbocharged

If we are on the same track, the other one suddenly just closed shop 1 day and never re-opened again (I really missed that one). Now, my alternative is at Tip Top though recently, the quality seemed to have dropped a bit since the daughter took over to automate the whole process.

Yes, the other one. The one near to Cameron Restaurant. Always sell out before 3pm. Then second choice is Selera. Unless that one sells out too, then LLST buy OCK (Which kindof sucks compared to the other 2 but still way better than today's OCK).

Haven't had Tip Top for a 2-3 years but yes, the standard seems to drop slightly the last time I tried.

Turbocharged

You mean Tip Top?

Don't think it was Tip Top. It was called Rex Curry Puff or something but definitely not OCK or Selera. I used to live at Mount Sophia in the early 80s and I always kenna arrowed by mum to walk to Rex to buy curry puffs. :D

Turbocharged

Those Malay puffs are the type where the edges are "sealed" up by pressing with the fingers and you can see the finger prints after they're deep fried. Damn nice. Blast from the past. Old Chang Kee's puffs aren't finger sealed. Tak shiok already

If you are around Tuas or Jurong at around 2pm, gimme a shout. I bring you to eat one nice curry puff at canteen. Introduce by Beehive. ^_^

If you are around Tuas or Jurong at around 2pm, gimme a shout. I bring you to eat one nice curry puff at canteen. Introduce by Beehive. ^_^

I know where also lah. [rolleyes] My place one also power!

↡ Advertisement