Old Chang Kee curry puff surprise

Jchuacl

If you are around Tuas or Jurong at around 2pm, gimme a shout. I bring you to eat one nice curry puff at canteen. Introduce by Beehive. ^_^

bro i work in jurong. where is this place?

↡ Advertisement

Always think curry puff are pure evil, due to it high calories.

Eat only occasionally.

Thats why our malay comrades outweigh the rest of the population by 3 to 1

and the m'sia govt is telling their people to eat healthy now, should just tell them to shitcan the curry puff!

And the nasi lemak!

(edited)

I used to remember OCK's puffs had thick, aromatic curry sauce and big chunks of chickens, just like how my late grandma used to do hers.

That is then. They should really renamed as New CK as the current puffs are just that.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Aha! So I wasn't the only one who loves that stall. I normally try to go by 2pm (Sat) during my schooling days. If only they sold their recipe, hmm.

Yes, the other one. The one near to Cameron Restaurant. Always sell out before 3pm. Then second choice is Selera. Unless that one sells out too, then LLST buy OCK (Which kindof sucks compared to the other 2 but still way better than today's OCK).

Haven't had Tip Top for a 2-3 years but yes, the standard seems to drop slightly the last time I tried.

Wait, I thought it was the daughter as I rem reading a short write up on this somewhere(let me see if I can dig it out) ? The woman owner is still hanging ard at the old Tip Top shop.

Tip Top changed hands. The owner who was convicted of tax evasion sold it off. New owners fired all the old workers that were working there for > 30 years and replace them with machines and foreign workers.

The old uncles and aunties at Tip Top now set up their own stall at Toa Payoh central in a coffee shop that is next to Toa Payoh KFC. Stall is called AMK curry puff with photos of the old Tip Top.

Very good !

Another one I found that is good is the Chicken Samosa along Joo Chiat Road (few stalls away from the Kway Guan Poh Piah Skin stall). I didn't really realised it was good until i saw many folks queuing up there.

Tip Top changed hands. The owner who was convicted of tax evasion sold it off. New owners fired all the old workers that were working there for > 30 years and replace them with machines and foreign workers.

The old uncles and aunties at Tip Top now set up their own stall at Toa Payoh central in a coffee shop that is next to Toa Payoh KFC. Stall is called AMK curry puff with photos of the old Tip Top.

Very good !

Thks for the info, will go there and try.

There are many good curry puff seller outside but they all only got 1 place selling not like OCK everywhere oso can find..

OCK make way conveniently for us consumer whenever we wan eat curry puff..

Overall this is still consider a small matter considering the number of outlets they have,if this matter happen in Tip Top or A1 than it will be big matter considering they only got 1 or 2 outlets niao..

I'll not stop eating their food and if others feel this small issue wan stop their stomach than those people can go ahead but make sure it's a long term boycotts..

Very good !

This is disgusting if true about tip top. For this reason alone, I will never buy a puff from them ever.

but its nice to know that the old uncle & auntie are still going & doing well at the new place. If I ever headed down to TPY, I will reember to get AMK curry puff.

guys, i used to love those very traditional malay curry puffs.

but no longer selling.

anywhere can intro?

i wan malay type.

but no longer selling.

anywhere can intro?

i wan malay type.

Geylang Serai during Hari raya???

but no longer selling.

anywhere can intro?

i wan malay type.

many mrt stations will have some people selling in the morning or after work (illegal ones) [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Turbocharged

bro i work in jurong. where is this place?

Canteen at the juntion of Tuas Ave 13 & 18. Malay stall. Only starts making CP after 2pm.

Supercharged

I love the big triangle type with mutton and potato inside, sold by Indians.

These days, very hard to find.

some of those cheap curry puffs selling from basket not nice one....thick dry crust and little sardine or potoete

↡ Advertisement