Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Jman888

Agree on Einstein's law of relativity. One old lady sitting on your lap is 3 times heavier than one xmm sitting on your lap.

For the case here, where the taxi captain's earning is not proportionate to his spending on tuition. If this captain is piloting a A380, ok lah. But, he's piloting at most a E-series kompressor at best.

So, it looks like he's spending beyond his means though it's a noble cause.

Einstein said that? No wonder they called him a genius.

:D

↡ Advertisement

Let me just say that after I send my kids to an International school, I came to realize that it is not education that parents there are after. They treat it as a place to socialize and broaden their connections. Are they really serious about studies? Yes and No. They want their children to be good, yet they do not have to be the smartest. The smartest ones usually work for them.

Whatever it is, I can say for certain that the gap will only get wider and wider... ...

Agreed!

Ha so sending your boys to boarding school yet?

Edited by Lala81

I think people has to face the fact that the race is unfair.

A very very rich and famous old unker once said "Fairness only exists in fairy tales"  [laugh]  [laugh]  :D

I will bring his words to my grave  [thumbsup]

• Praise 7

Agreed!

Ha so sending your boys to boarding school yet?

Submitted application to a few schools in UK. Very competitive so have to wait and see. If he does get in, will be in 2 years time.

I think people has to face the fact that the race is unfair.

- Some are born with better genes, i.e. smarter

- Some are born with silver spoons, i.e. rich family

- Some are born with both above

Either way, the lower rung of society has to work harder to get anywhere near those at the top. There are many factors to become successful. Not only does one have to be smart, they also require a certain amount of connections and x factor personality to succeed. Education alone can only do so much and that is where the richer kids have the advantage. The road ahead for them is easier with lots of opportunities.

Let me just say that after I send my kids to an International school, I came to realize that it is not education that parents there are after. They treat it as a place to socialize and broaden their connections. Are they really serious about studies? Yes and No. They want their children to be good, yet they do not have to be the smartest. The smartest ones usually work for them.

Whatever it is, I can say for certain that the gap will only get wider and wider... ...

Hard truths.  

Harsh truths.

[thumbsup]

Submitted application to a few schools in UK. Very competitive so have to wait and see. If he does get in, will be in 2 years time.

I say. Win liao lor,  Eaton boy. [laugh]  

what's the proportion of foreign students for such elite prep schools? Just wondering.

Hard truths.  

Harsh truths.

[thumbsup]

I say. Win liao lor,  Eaton boy. [laugh]  

No lah... I did consider Eton but in the end didn't go for it. The school is way too posh and peasant like me and my son will be miserable even if he does get in. It's meant for royal families and the ultra rich. Super smart also hard to compete with them.

Too much on tuition le ... in the end, the whole family suffers ...

If there is any hospitalization, where to get $ for treatment ?!

If there is any emergency, then how?

Anyway, to a parent, children are everything .... can't blame them ...

Hopefully the children can be sensible enough, to study hard and try not to have tuition so as to relieve the financial burden on their parent.

Cant blame them?

No, i would blame them

There are other things more valuable then academic excellence, thats real education.

what's the proportion of foreign students for such elite prep schools? Just wondering.

Quite a lot and very competitive. Exact percentage I also dunno. They don't just look at the student but also their parents [sweatdrop] because they have a choice. So those just new rich chinese nationals may not get in even if they want too because some of them are not from cultured background.

Quite a lot and very competitive. Exact percentage I also dunno. They don't just look at the student but also their parents [sweatdrop] because they have a choice. So those just new rich chinese nationals may not get in even if they want too because some of them are not from cultured background.

Lol like my parent volunteer form, must put in parent's occupation 

A very very rich and famous old unker once said "Fairness only exists in fairy tales"  [laugh]  [laugh]  :D

I will bring his words to my grave  [thumbsup]

He meant Snow White who is very fair?

• Praise 1

Lol like my parent volunteer form, must put in parent's occupation 

For schools like Eton, there is also an interview for parents [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] Not easy

No lah... I did consider Eton but in the end didn't go for it. The school is way too posh and peasant like me and my son will be miserable even if he does get in. It's meant for royal families and the ultra rich. Super smart also hard to compete with them.

I heard that place is a mess and I would never consider it.

Its so messy people even call the place Eton mess.

if go there, kana eaten

• Praise 4

For schools like Eton, there is also an interview for parents [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] Not easy

I think race is also an issue.

Sure will get chink jokes etc. 

Young boys are a cruel bunch lol.

I think race is also an issue.

Sure will get chink jokes etc. 

Young boys are a cruel bunch lol.

Yes, my concern too. My boy is quite an introvert.

Basically, overload your kids with school work, home work, nothing but studies, including tuitions.

He may grow up acing every tests and exams.

But if you ask him how his childhood is like ?

He'll answer: What childhood ?

Hey....the daddy also suffer one hor.

I have done all CA1 SA1 CA2 SA2 P3 maths available in sgtestpaper website.

Nanyang, MGS, Hendry park....u name it I have done it before.

So that I can teach my ah boy.

Forget what is social life is about liao.... >. <

• Praise 1