7 New Hawker Centres In 5 Years

Mustank

parliment has two things going on:-

1. talks on "national issues" eg hawker centres

2. miw puppies bashing oppositions

what else? [:)]

bro..don't so negative lah. They announce new hawker centers get bashed by us, don't build people also complain.

I rather be more positive about the new hawker centres :) Just hope that the prices of food in the new centres will indeed still remain affordable

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Damn!!! They demolished the old hawker centre at Sembawang and now still dont want to build a new one in Sembawang???

Can someone help highlight to PM Sembawang got no hawker centre for the last 10yrs??? All the expensive coffeeshop and food court only. They build so many more flats here but dont wana have a hawker centre here.

BTW, my next door four blocks of BTO is already 12 story high within the year. Now still building.

Bro, these jokers really really [thumbsdown] !!!!!!! The report mentioned this:

"A new hawker centre was last built 26 years ago. The Government then stopped building and shifted focus to upgrading and rejuvenating existing ones."

[furious] FARKING 26 years ago!!!!! [furious]

Dont come and tell me what shifted focus to upgrading and rejuvenating existing ones. Tell me how many coffeeshops were tender out during these 26 years!!! [furious]

Even their own MP (Bukit Panjang) "have been making repeated requests for one over the years". Now then they do! And how long they wanna take to build the 7 hawker centres????? Within 5 YEARS!!!!!! These jokers simply cant hold a candle to Uncle Khaw's people!

Edited by Mustank

Damn!!! They demolished the old hawker centre at Sembawang and now still dont want to build a new one in Sembawang???

Can someone help highlight to PM Sembawang got no hawker centre for the last 10yrs??? All the expensive coffeeshop and food court only. They build so many more flats here but dont wana have a hawker centre here.

BTW, my next door four blocks of BTO is already 12 story high within the year. Now still building.

hmmm.... yishun already has a hawker centre, I don't mind the new one at yishun go to sembawang. you can take it [:p]

Your point? That I shouldnt be kaopehing because i stand to benefit????? When Uncle Khaw took over from mbt, he build many many btos. I supported him, publicly praise his efforts even thought it will depress my flat price. Why? Because this is the right direction for the country!

For your question, the answer is yes

bro..don't so negative lah. They announce new hawker centers get bashed by us, don't build people also complain.

I rather be more positive about the new hawker centres :) Just hope that the prices of food in the new centres will indeed still remain affordable

good to have views from both sides mah...... all praise and no check, cannot; all checks and no praise, also no good.... :D

Bro, these jokers really really [thumbsdown] !!!!!!! The report mentioned this:

"A new hawker centre was last built 26 years ago. The Government then stopped building and shifted focus to upgrading and rejuvenating existing ones."

[furious] FARKING 26 years ago!!!!! [furious]

Dont come and tell me what shifted focus to upgrading and rejuvenating existing ones. Tell me how many coffeeshops were tender out during these 26 years!!! [furious]

Even their own MP (Bukit Panjang) "have been making repeated requests for one over the years". Now then they do! And how long they wanna take to build the 7 hawker centres????? Within 5 YEARS!!!!!! These jokers simply cant hold a candle to Uncle Khaw's people!

under mr horse, they stopped building new hawkers centres despite the rapid growth in the size of population. But they tender out kopitiams and make money..... this is ok only if the food prices in kptiams are as low as those in hawker centres

These new centers are likely to prepare for the 6.5mil population.

Make no mistakes about it.

in order to help Foreign people 'blend' into the local society, will gahmen issue hawker licenses to them at these new hwkr centres? :D

in terms of food-mix / varieties, not a bad thing if they sell their hometown food... provided we like the tastes [:)]

under mr horse, they stopped building new hawkers centres despite the rapid growth in the size of population. But they tender out kopitiams and make money..... this is ok only if the food prices in kptiams are as low as those in hawker centres

Dont think it was the horse that stopped the building of hawker centres. That took place a long time ago (1980s).

I just went to NLB website to check out some old articles. Seems like hawker centres were first introduced to resite street hawkers. Naturally when all the street hawkers were resited, they didn't build any more hawker centres. Affordable food was probably not one of the considerations when they stopped building hawker centres.

Dont think it was the horse that stopped the building of hawker centres. That took place a long time ago (1980s).

I just went to NLB website to check out some old articles. Seems like hawker centres were first introduced to resite street hawkers. Naturally when all the street hawkers were resited, they didn't build any more hawker centres. Affordable food was probably not one of the considerations when they stopped building hawker centres.

i also think so.........

Turbocharged

Bro, they are in today's ST

the location listed in the ST should be accurate as it's stated as source from NEA

Things evolve n the pple need + enjoy hwkr fook.

Demand is there but supply has dwindled..... [:)]

u mean the one located opposite Sembawang Shopping Center? that is a privately owned land..a coffeeshop with different stalls..hawker centers are different, usually comes with 40-100 stalls

Turbocharged

to stop transfer of lease of a stall in hawker center is a good measure, but do they say anything about restricting the ownership to Singaporeans only?

i won't want a hawker center full of stalls selling sichuan hotpot and zajiang mian

u mean the one located opposite Sembawang Shopping Center? that is a privately owned land..a coffeeshop with different stalls..hawker centers are different, usually comes with 40-100 stalls

Not that one.

It used to be at the junction of Canberra road and Sembawang road. Used to buy supper or breakfast from the hawker centre before going to Sembawang Camp in the late 90's. Now no more liao, just a flat land.

Still can see part of the retaining wall thou.

post-2654-1331190726_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1331190742_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement