7 New Hawker Centres In 5 Years

Mustank

Twincharged

I know this is old thread ... but dun want to kenah another red card so just find something to continue with ....

my question; why is there no regulatory body for hawkers in Singapore? why hawkers can suka suka close shop as and when they are happy ?

when ppl complain no taxi, the auth made a law that cabbies must clock a certain amount of hours on the roads; so why not hawkers ?

if you say hawker got no customers will lose money; taxi ply on the road no fare aso lose money and time ... so what's the difference ?

knn.. damn hate it when go to a hawker centre and you see that more than half of it is closed. Bid so hard for a stall and then only open when happy. Why not give the stall to someone who really wants to run a food business.

then again one might say why not eat from the rest of the stalls that are open ?? certainly we should have some choices ?

its just like forcing the cabbies to clock mileage ... but they will clock in the west, but you need a cab I the east ... so lppl also.

btw, my issue is with hawkers and cabbies are just for comparison.

I know this is old thread ... but dun want to kenah another red card so just find something to continue with ....

my question; why is there no regulatory body for hawkers in Singapore? why hawkers can suka suka close shop as and when they are happy ?

when ppl complain no taxi, the auth made a law that cabbies must clock a certain amount of hours on the roads; so why not hawkers ?

if you say hawker got no customers will lose money; taxi ply on the road no fare aso lose money and time ... so what's the difference ?

knn.. damn hate it when go to a hawker centre and you see that more than half of it is closed. Bid so hard for a stall and then only open when happy. Why not give the stall to someone who really wants to run a food business.

then again one might say why not eat from the rest of the stalls that are open ?? certainly we should have some choices ?

its just like forcing the cabbies to clock mileage ... but they will clock in the west, but you need a cab I the east ... so lppl also.

Last time the char kuay teow at ghim moh market closed 3 days a week, old people cannot work long hours, must be understanding.

• Praise 2

why u want everything to be so controlled?

when the hawker stall close u also not happy?

i don't really know any hawker who's not happy to open stall if there's a crowd and he/she is not on their rest day/rest hours.

Like that u ask the sze char stall open at 7am in morning. Then ask the chee cheong fun stall open at 10pm. reason is cos u want to eat?

mall food courts btw stipulate when the stall can be open/closed. U go operate one lah.

• Praise 5

maybe report back for reservist or rt [grin]

maybe gotten cpf marnie, go cheong atb [sly]

maybe tio beh pio [idea]

Twincharged

maybe tio beh pio [idea]

this one I see before ... my workplace ... the stall only open for about 2 months then kenah BIG !! next day siu-tua liow ....

at least he quit and not on and off ... give other a chance.

i don't really know any hawker who's not happy to open stall if there's a crowd and he/she is not on their rest day/rest hours.

Like that u ask the sze char stall open at 7am in morning. Then ask the chee cheong fun stall open at 10pm. reason is cos u want to eat?

mall food courts btw stipulate when the stall can be open/closed. U go operate one lah.

I know of one place that when the hawkers want to rest (other than their official rest day), have to "apply leave" one ... but rent is damn cheap there lah ...

I don't need them to be open the whole day .... but at least open during regular working days lah ... if really dun need the business then give up the contract .... why occupy the toilet bowl when they dun want to sh!t ??

Commercial FC sure have terms and conditions one. This type work until jin jiaklat one, pay rents until cham cham one.

Hawker Centres more relax, but cannot anyhow close for long period also; must inform "land-cow" if closing for long period due to circumstances.

But if hawkers come and never open for business also no wrong one. He can open shop, but do "area cleaning" to show "land-cow" he's present. No wrong no wrong one.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

wah..............bro...............today you belly fierce...........but I like............... [thumbsup][laugh]

tomorrow 9am I open shop give you 5 chee cheong fun..................today my hawker stall close shop liao........... [:p]

this one I see before ... my workplace ... the stall only open for about 2 months then kenah BIG !! next day siu-tua liow ....

I know of one place that when the hawkers want to rest (other than their official rest day), have to "apply leave" one ... but rent is damn cheap there lah ...

I don't need them to be open the whole day .... but at least open during regular working days lah ... if really dun need the business then give up the contract .... why occupy the toilet bowl when they dun want to sh!t ??

thats why nowadays house and car so sexpensive [sly]

if easily affordable, everyone relag one corner,who do work? [sly]

dont say is i say one ah

wait people cum and catch me [crazy]

depends on what type of stall right.

Wat hawker center is this?

I know of one, two hawker centers like this, but can't blame them. Most of the time really boh seng yi.

Last time before Kovan market renovated, some of the stall owner pays very little rental. Got one stall do not open on weekend despite weekends means more business..

• Praise 1

i am rather thankful that song fish got open one outlet in chinatown point

now i buy fish no need go jurong

lagi now worse is my truck up lori liao

how to go jurong buy fish man [crazy]

• Praise 1

but they up price liao... [mad] .. chinatown point ppl keep telling me same as fishery port road... becoz they up there as well [bigcry]

my regular self-made lobster egg mayo croissant wkends now cost $2/- more.. [bigcry]

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 1

song fish can order online and they deliver to you???................I saw the one temp at JP no more liao.............

song fish can order online and they deliver to you???................I saw the one temp at JP no more liao.............

can meh?

if can, i surely hoot!!!!

but they up price liao... [mad] .. chinatown point ppl keep telling me same as fishery port road... becoz they up there as well [bigcry]

my regular self-made lobster egg mayo croissant wkends now cost $2/- more.. [bigcry]

i always buy cod fish for my kids

quite nice to eat [inlove]

can... but chinatown point got actual store at same price as online... might as well go see see choose choose la... if want fresh fish still go fishery port rd better

can meh?

if can, i surely hoot!!!!

i always buy cod fish for my kids

quite nice to eat [inlove]

I not sure that's why asking...............sometime back they have one outlet at JP..............now boh liao...............I saw their website like can deliver leh.............. [grin]

• Praise 1

can... but chinatown point got actual store at same price as online... might as well go see see choose choose la... if want fresh fish still go fishery port rd better

okok..............I go check out location.......... [thumbsup][grin]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1