New carbon emissions-based vehicle scheme

Darthrevan

hey balls-less, you talking through your anus ah?

gong simi lj?... you always say JB not safe than you stay there 10yrs you retarded is it?...

yes yes JB not safe pls stay in SG for the rest of your life... dont drive wait accident... use stairs dont take lift wait lift crash... dont cross road wait car bang you... just stay at home dont do anything... wait! cannot breath also wait get choke... knn just die lah...

wahahahahahaa........................good one!!!!...............I like ...............I like!!!!!............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Cmon la, talk is cheap. I stayed in JB for 10 years already and dont even bothered to buy an STI or S5 to speed along the highway. The moment u drive out of their safe haven, you get car-jacked and stripped naked in the NS highway. I rather speed in my BMX along Bukit Timah Road!

in your 10 years stay...............how many times you got car-jacked and stripped naked???...................

If look at it at the other end, big cc cars increase in value.

Very good for me leh.

When the new law is effected, I will then sell my 3L V6 and make money from it (from the big new-car $20K penalty and hopefully COE remains high at >$80K ... mine was only $18K less than 3 years ago!)

With that profit, I may go buy myself a hybrid car and enjoy the additional $20K rebate!

So this way, I will get to bite the cherry three(3) times in one fell swoop!!

Thanks to the MoT [inlove]

trust me you have much more to worry in KL then the NSH...

park at your hotel... and i suggest public transport ard KL...

Noted about NSH. Plan was to park at hotel and walk about anyway. Normally stay around KLCC so its good to walk around there.

Very good for me leh.

When the new law is effected, I will then sell my 3L V6 and make money from it (from the big new-car $20K penalty and hopefully COE remains high at >$80K ... mine was only $18K less than 3 years ago!)

With that profit, I may go buy myself a hybrid car and enjoy the additional $20K rebate!

So this way, I will get to bite the cherry three(3) times in one fell swoop!!

Thanks to the MoT [inlove]

[laugh] If its going to be that simple, I'll do it in 3-4 years time as well.

[laugh] If its going to be that simple, I'll do it in 3-4 years time as well.

Yah man, we should really consider this money-making move when the time is right.

Money on the table for grabs!

Why not?

but most sillyporean very rich one, $20k surcharge is nothing compare to $79K COE [;)]

Maybe Cat B will drop due to the 20k surcharge next year??!!

Not all car will enjoy 20k rebate, hybrid will benefit the least as they already have their own rebates now and it might greatly affect the parf rebate when dereg of car.

i have a feeling too.

next year cat A will shoot up.

smaller CC car=less emissions

It just encourage people to buy smaller cars and hydrid cars.

Hybrid cars have their engine tuned to low power, and so naturally the emission is lower. The lower powered engine is then helped by the electric motor.

Car manufacturers are 'cunning' to tweak their engine to produce less emission by tuning and installing large catalytic converters.

With this new rules, it will benefits to buy cars that are specially designed for Europe. Because only in Europe are the cars taxed on CO2 emission basis.

Of course the car manufacturer can 'cheat' by installing a super catalytic converter to absorbe the CO2 untill it meets the minimum level to benefit from the tax rebate.

But how long the catalyst can last is another matter, and may have to replace periodically.

Cunning?! by installing catalytic converter?? Do you know what you are talking about?!

Catalytic converters oxidises and converts CO to CO2 and makes the exhaust less toxic into CO2 and water only. CO carbon monoxide is toxic but CO2 is not. By what you are saying, large converter only makes more CO2.

Go read up before anyhow post.

The exhaust should only be CO2 and water, carbon tax emission is based on gram of CO2 burnt per km travelled. It is a real measure of efficiency of fuel burning and engine per km travelled. Just compare the same capacity cars and its clear which model is more efficient.......

I am still thinking they will price the road tax based on this carbon emission... my wishful thinking...

road tax will be based on usage going forward i think...

In general, it seems, bigger petrol-driven cars have higher carbon emission. Only a few cars have less then 160g/CO2 and these are mainly smaller cars.

If buy big car, you pay more for COE and got to pay CEV surcharge...wah pian er! :o

there are quite a number of cars with lesser 160g/km and yes they are usually hybrids, smaller cc cars...turbocharging can help too...

Now, people who buy VW and Wish will say this car has some discount! Why the 1.6 lit Altis is more than 160 g/km??!!

Elantra will enjoy rebates...=)

It just encourage people to buy smaller cars and hydrid cars.

Hybrid cars have their engine tuned to low power, and so naturally the emission is lower. The lower powered engine is then helped by the electric motor.

Car manufacturers are 'cunning' to tweak their engine to produce less emission by tuning and installing large catalytic converters.

With this new rules, it will benefits to buy cars that are specially designed for Europe. Because only in Europe are the cars taxed on CO2 emission basis.

Of course the car manufacturer can 'cheat' by installing a super catalytic converter to absorbe the CO2 untill it meets the minimum level to benefit from the tax rebate.

But how long the catalyst can last is another matter, and may have to replace periodically.

co2 emissions has some relations to fuel consumption...so if the car burns less fuel (more efficient) then generally they will emit lesser co2...

Elantra will enjoy rebates...=)

Yes and [thumbsup] , it will encourage more sales.

We don't have electric cars yet otherwise they have zero emission.

Mainly the toyotas hybrids made it to 20k rebate.

If hybrid price can be equal to engine car price after this rebate, we would see more hybrids on the road due to FC savings.

(edited)

from what i understand..electric cars although are zero emissions, will not be considered as contributing 0 co2..

reason being, they will need electricity to charge up the battery and that in turn contribute to some form of co2...thus they will calculate the co2 emissions based on some kW power consumption equation and use that as the co2 value..however, at the current stage, this is still very much a grey area...

Edited by Cluboxed

comparatively...diesel cars have better co2 emission figures than their petrol equivalent...

now 1.6 liter diesel for euro V or was it VI=petrol 2 liter.

very worth it already

↡ Advertisement