New carbon emissions-based vehicle scheme

Darthrevan

Go green? Cap the engine capacity for all taxis to 1.6 lor. The benefits will b;

1. lower cost of operation for drivers since the engine consume lesser,

2. Greener environment

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I guess a lot of guys out there still dunno there are already rebates for hybrid cars, they don't benefit much from this new scheme. Was in the market last few weeks looking for a hybrid, it is much worth it to get it now then future because your parf rebate will be based on after the emission rebate.

Given OMV is 33k, they remove 20k, you left with 13k, 50% of it will be 7.5k.

With current rebate, you will still get back around 30% of your original OMV, which will be at 9.9k

Not forgetting all the price of the car will ultimately be decide by the AD and COE.

Also quoted from AD, there must be a balance of 5k OMV after carbon rebate, meaning a 15k OMV car can be deducted max of 10k.

What puzzle me is, will big cars OMV increase if they have to pay additional 20k due to the carbon tax.

Good for the environment overall though the painful traffic jams are more crucial to resolve. Using 5k, 10k, 15k (all in 5 thousands denomination). Is this a figure based on some formula or just "ham-tam" and adjust accordingly down the road like ERP?

• Praise 1

What puzzle me is, will big cars OMV increase if they have to pay additional 20k due to the carbon tax.

no..big cars OMV will not increase due to the additional tax penalty..

no..big cars OMV will not increase due to the additional tax penalty..

Suang lor, LTA create this to earn more, the green tax rebate is also for their own pocket...

This is my first time to start the thread. I hope I have provided sufficient information for the readers. Let's start our discussion here.

this is your first time, so mayb they will give you chance.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

this one discuss until want to fight liao, sld be lets "end our discussion here".  [:p]

Supercharged

L O C K E D

awwww... why?

There is still plenty of gripes to share. SML pun lock, nothing to talk about liow lah!  :=B:

awwww... why?

There is still plenty of gripes to share. SML pun lock, nothing to talk about liow lah!  :=B:

KNN, mai blur lah.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]