Search
many bmws many unreliable

• Search this thread
462 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why so many people buy bmws when so many say its unreliable and spends a lot of time in the garage getting fixed?

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why so many people buy bmws when so many say its unreliable and spends a lot of time in the garage getting fixed?

The same for VW....no diff.
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Cluboxed
  • Premium member
    Cluboxed
    5th Gear

its the badge..

2006 : Toyota Soluna
2009 : Honda Civic 1.8
2011 : Honda Civic Type R - Our Red 'H'. You'll only find it on our Formula 1 and Type R cars. It symbolizes Honda's racing challenge; to deliver a car engineered for pure exhilarating performance.

YNWA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged

cos some ppl said these drivers have the money and time to waste....they go for driving experience.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

NOS-ed

Same for korean cars, people "condemn" until so jialat, and yet this make still survived from early 90s until now. biggrin.gif
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Unidentified
  • Unidentified
    Banned

same for the copy cats china car makers as well.still around with zero ncap ratings for cars.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Jamesc
  • Jamesc
    Turbocharged

Its just jealousy.

BMW are very reliable.

biggrin.gif

Anyone who is fed up with the reliability of their BM
please just pass the keys to me.

Unfortunately its usually the people that don't own
them that complain how unreliable they are.

We get a lot of people who hate living in condos too!

biggrin.gif
Breastmilk is Best
Once you try an Okamoto condom You'll never use anything else. How true! Now I never use anything.
Road hoggers are all gay men that love to be taken from behind.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Delrosa81
  • Delrosa81
    1st Gear

Bcos if you don keep a BMW for more than 3 years, its usually problem free or the AD will take care of the problems under warranty. After 3 years or 100,000km, the wear and tear items will be due for replacement, thats when you can see leaks here and there.

If you spend to do up all the wear and tear items, will be able to last you another 3 years or so.

Quite ok la or so I heard.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

NOS-ed

Bcos if you don keep a BMW for more than 3 years, its usually problem free or the AD will take care of the problems under warranty. After 3 years or 100,000km, the wear and tear items will be due for replacement, thats when you can see leaks here and there.

If you spend to do up all the wear and tear items, will be able to last you another 3 years or so.

Quite ok la or so I heard.

I think for any make/model, if you dont keep the car for more than 3-4 years, usually will be problem free and not many wear & tear problems surface. Dont think only apply to BMW.
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear

if its just the wear and tear, then its really fair what...

and wouldn't cost much right? haha

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Wrathchild156
  • Premium member
    Wrathchild156
    4th Gear

Its just jealousy.

BMW are very reliable.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif
btw my tiny home is a h dee bee flat... blush.gif
Cheers / WC

WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK & ROLL

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    6th Gear

Do not buy BMWs - our workshops are getting full now... laugh.gif

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Alim
  • Alim
    5th Gear

Just ask BVO, Juzz for Cars, R2D & Boss Motorsports and see what they tell you lor.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear

The go for the badge. Still not there yet but the reliablity issues with Beemers are improving.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Nonewposts
  • Nonewposts
    2nd Gear

singaporeans only buy bmw for the brand

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Tuna_seng
  • Tuna_seng
    4th Gear

To me it is reliable. I take good care of my 2 Bimmers and they take care of me. I have spent on average of less than $3k maintenance a year on each car and they still run sweet even though i drive the hell out of them. If you see an E65 730i on the roads running around as if it is a 3er, that's me.

They are an affordable, reliable, practical, fun and fast way to get around. There are certain quirks like how the gearbox jerks when you stomp on the accelerator from standstill and having to top up engine oil, but then every car has its quirks. It is just a matter of getting used to and knowing when to do certain things and when not to.

One thing is, you cannot stinge on service or neglect a Bimmer like you can a Toyota or Honda. It needs proper scheduled maintenance on every mechanical part of the car.

My take is: if you are unwilling to spend time and money to properly maintain a Bimmer, you are gonna get problems. If you are willing to, they treat you very well.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    6th Gear

singaporeans only buy bmw for the brand

There is one thing called handling......

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Delrosa81
  • Delrosa81
    1st Gear

I think for any make/model, if you dont keep the car for more than 3-4 years, usually will be problem free and not many wear & tear problems surface. Dont think only apply to BMW.

Of cos I know but now TS is asking about BMW ma. So i chim in my comments with regards to TS's Question only and not talking about other makes/models.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    Turbocharged

loving the car means willing to accompany it to the workshop to get repair..thats real passionate and its truly admirable for Bayerische Motoren Werke owners nod.gif

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    6th Gear

Its just jealousy.

BMW are very reliable.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I think BMW is unreliable due to driver issue. Some who bought BMW know nuts about cars and has lots of $ to spend and want status. So a good car under a person who know nuts about car. What worst is some don't even know need to regularly go for servicing until when car has problem and wonder why BMW so unreliable. This is what I think .. ( Correct me if I am wrong )

Edited by Yewheng, 13 March 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users