Why so many bmws when so many say its unreliable

Somebody

Why so many people buy bmws when so many say its unreliable and spends a lot of time in the garage getting fixed?

↡ Advertisement

Why so many people buy bmws when so many say its unreliable and spends a lot of time in the garage getting fixed?

The same for VW....no diff.

Same for korean cars, people "condemn" until so jialat, and yet this make still survived from early 90s until now. :D

Its just jealousy.

BMW are very reliable.

:D

Anyone who is fed up with the reliability of their BM

please just pass the keys to me.

Unfortunately its usually the people that don't own

them that complain how unreliable they are.

We get a lot of people who hate living in condos too!

Neutral Newbie

Bcos if you don keep a BMW for more than 3 years, its usually problem free or the AD will take care of the problems under warranty. After 3 years or 100,000km, the wear and tear items will be due for replacement, thats when you can see leaks here and there.

If you spend to do up all the wear and tear items, will be able to last you another 3 years or so.

Quite ok la or so I heard.

Bcos if you don keep a BMW for more than 3 years, its usually problem free or the AD will take care of the problems under warranty. After 3 years or 100,000km, the wear and tear items will be due for replacement, thats when you can see leaks here and there.

If you spend to do up all the wear and tear items, will be able to last you another 3 years or so.

Quite ok la or so I heard.

I think for any make/model, if you dont keep the car for more than 3-4 years, usually will be problem free and not many wear & tear problems surface. Dont think only apply to BMW.

Its just jealousy.

BMW are very reliable.

Anyone who is fed up with the reliability of their BM

please just pass the keys to me.

Unfortunately its usually the people that don't own

them that complain how unreliable they are.

We get a lot of people who hate living in condos too!

[thumbsup]

btw my tiny home is a h dee bee flat... [blush]

To me it is reliable. I take good care of my 2 Bimmers and they take care of me. I have spent on average of less than $3k maintenance a year on each car and they still run sweet even though i drive the hell out of them. If you see an E65 730i on the roads running around as if it is a 3er, that's me.

They are an affordable, reliable, practical, fun and fast way to get around. There are certain quirks like how the gearbox jerks when you stomp on the accelerator from standstill and having to top up engine oil, but then every car has its quirks. It is just a matter of getting used to and knowing when to do certain things and when not to.

One thing is, you cannot stinge on service or neglect a Bimmer like you can a Toyota or Honda. It needs proper scheduled maintenance on every mechanical part of the car.

My take is: if you are unwilling to spend time and money to properly maintain a Bimmer, you are gonna get problems. If you are willing to, they treat you very well.

Neutral Newbie

I think for any make/model, if you dont keep the car for more than 3-4 years, usually will be problem free and not many wear & tear problems surface. Dont think only apply to BMW.

Of cos I know but now TS is asking about BMW ma. So i chim in my comments with regards to TS's Question only and not talking about other makes/models.

↡ Advertisement