Why so many bmws when so many say its unreliable

Somebody

any intention to get 7? u own all except 7 le [cool][cool]

thought about it, but in the end didnt, bcos a bit too frumpish...maybe when i am 45?

definitely worth considering at one time in life.

↡ Advertisement

ya agree to those say unreliable...pls pls dun buy...i tell u why:

1. I never never have to go workshop...but oni for servicing. I never get a chance to drink coffee at PML, v v unreliable for it. I oni get to go once a yr

2. I never have chance to call the roadside service. they give me roadside service for wat? i never get to use...haiz..hopeless....v unreliable

3. In all the BMs, i never get a chance to change car frequently. Cos of this, i oni get to change once in 7yrs, or until SCRAP!!! v unreliable in tht

4. Finally, dunch noe why but the car alwes does what is supposed to do. I expect it to up lorry more often....this is the WORST unreliable bit

So those contemplating to buy BMWs, please DUN DUN buy!!!! Dun say i never warn you as they are TOTALLY UNRELIABLE...pls, get the Cherry...more reliable

:D:D:D

bro radX congrat u on becoming moderator

seems like all the actual owners don't have much problem with their BMWs.

BMW owners, is it true? no problems other than replacing normal wear and tear(less than 3k/year)? wow! that's an interesting info!

Electronics. I guess central locking is mostly electrically controlled. So hence my small opinion on a car that i will never own since i stay in SG :D

I also encourage not to buy BMW. It is only for badge whore like me.

No pt driving 1 in SG because u can nvr drive it at Autobahn speed.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

only feels good driving it... but hw long do u actually spend yr time in yr car..1 hr a day? or isit just 30 mins a day... isit worth it..

only feels good driving it... but hw long do u actually spend yr time in yr car..1 hr a day? or isit just 30 mins a day... isit worth it..

Only petrol head will understand & enjoy it.

Why so many people buy bmws when so many say its unreliable and spends a lot of time in the garage getting fixed?

You look more stylish broken down by the roadside in a BMW than in a Jeep Pun Chia

ya agree to those say unreliable...pls pls dun buy...i tell u why:

1. I never never have to go workshop...but oni for servicing. I never get a chance to drink coffee at PML, v v unreliable for it. I oni get to go once a yr

2. I never have chance to call the roadside service. they give me roadside service for wat? i never get to use...haiz..hopeless....v unreliable

3. In all the BMs, i never get a chance to change car frequently. Cos of this, i oni get to change once in 7yrs, or until SCRAP!!! v unreliable in tht

4. Finally, dunch noe why but the car alwes does what is supposed to do. I expect it to up lorry more often....this is the WORST unreliable bit

So those contemplating to buy BMWs, please DUN DUN buy!!!! Dun say i never warn you as they are TOTALLY UNRELIABLE...pls, get the Cherry...more reliable

Why you follow my tactics or approach which I had used in the VW thread? [:p]

I had been telling people don't buy....don't buy.....[laugh] [laugh]

And what's your annual mileage?

i believe that that again is simply hearsay or not the true case.

of course there will be a few cases.

all my BMWs were secondhand.

my 3er coupe was 7.5yrs old, drove until COE almost end , sell to exporter

my 5er was 2.5yrs old drove until 4yrs old, no such electronic issues

my6er was 4yrs old, drove until 6yrs old, no such electronic issues.

all three cars had no issues whaysoever except maintenance requirements as known to all.

so i would still buy a BMW. this coming from someone who has owned driven 3 different models.

i would say ,is reliable

How many of you actually own a BMW? Or a VW (as some mentioned?)

I'm into my 2nd BMW. I've had Nissans, Volvos, Hyundai, Mazda... my parents drive a Merc.

Apart from a coolant leak, I never had any major problems with my BMW.

My Nissan aircon kaput after 2 years. And the worst part - I was driving up north. You can imagine the pain. 3 hours in the sun w/o aircon.

My Hyundai shocks kaput after 4-5 years. Engine no problem but it was such a crappy car I sold it. High FC, no power. I get better FC in my BMW with twice the BHP. Freaking s--t, I can't even FLOOR it. The tranny just refuses to let me rev the engine anything past 4-5K RPM. What a BORING drive.

My Mazda is throwing CEL errors now and then, I just blardee ignore and reset it everytime it occurs. 6 years old, 140K km.

What do you want? I think people need to set their expectations right. A 5-link rear suspension vs torsion beam is certainly going to be more difficult to maintain.

How many people driving JDM with 4 speed auto really REV their cars? I redline my BMW at least once a week. I tried revving a Nissan Sunny (4AT). It just WON'T do it at all. Try abit harder and I can gurantee your gearbox uplorry before 100,000km.

Edited by Detach8

Why you follow my tactics or approach which I had used in the VW thread? [:p]

I had been telling people don't buy....don't buy..... [laugh][laugh]

who the hella re you ah....uthink u big far....to patent ah...... :angry: :angry:

[:p] yah lor...ppl dun buy better...jus like those gg to malaysia...pls dun go..sure kena rape

U and ur incorrect JDM phrase again.

I owned real JDM cars for the last 10 years and have none of ur problems with regular revving to 8+ k RPM.

How many of you actually own a BMW? Or a VW (as some mentioned?)

I'm into my 2nd BMW. I've had Nissans, Volvos, Hyundai, Mazda... my parents drive a Merc.

Apart from a coolant leak, I never had any major problems with my BMW.

My Nissan aircon kaput after 2 years. And the worst part - I was driving up north. You can imagine the pain. 3 hours in the sun w/o aircon.

My Hyundai shocks kaput after 4-5 years. Engine no problem but it was such a crappy car I sold it. High FC, no power. I get better FC in my BMW with twice the BHP. Freaking s--t, I can't even FLOOR it. The tranny just refuses to let me rev the engine anything past 4-5K RPM. What a BORING drive.

My Mazda is throwing CEL errors now and then, I just blardee ignore and reset it everytime it occurs. 6 years old, 140K km.

What do you want? I think people need to set their expectations right. A 5-link rear suspension vs torsion beam is certainly going to be more difficult to maintain.

How many people driving JDM with 4 speed auto really REV their cars? I redline my BMW at least once a week. I tried revving a Nissan Sunny (4AT). It just WON'T do it at all. Try abit harder and I can gurantee your gearbox uplorry before 100,000km.

hmmm.... i shall go test them again then. 523, 525 to compare with the is250. =)

u shd cf the gs300 w the 523 n 525 la

don't like the GS. and... dont' like the 3 series =p

but my budget is 1500/mth if full loan. so is250 and some old 523 will be in the same range.