Why so many bmws when so many say its unreliable

Somebody

There was this small problem of . But definitely worth the money. Bang for bucks, is that what they call it? :mellow:

fark...u run the car on plutonium ah :wacko::wacko::wacko:

↡ Advertisement

However, most pple don't really take care of their cars like a wife. For used ones, if it's a manual car, it should still be ok as long as you figure out how to rectify the problems.

my personal experience:- most jap cars are reliable when we take care (normal servicing) of them. 10-yr trouble-free ownership is quite common. Used ones are hard to say as we dont know how bad the previous owners took care of the cars.

Hi,

I have never sat in a BMW b4, let alone drove one. So is the handling really so good that it is better than say, a 4WD like WRX or Evo?

I know I can go test drive but short distance drive won't be able to reveal much right?

4wd performance cars are in a different league....... [:)]

Turbocharged

BMW has like super high maintainance fee

My servicing every year is $300++ and I top more than 8 litres of engine oil per servicing. Not expensive if you ask me.

Hi,

I have never sat in a BMW b4, let alone drove one. So is the handling really so good that it is better than say, a 4WD like WRX or Evo?

I know I can go test drive but short distance drive won't be able to reveal much right?

Merc 7 BMW also have 4WD you know, & I am not talking about their SUVs.

BMW 3er, 5er, C class etc all have 4WD options. BMW call it X-Drive, Merc call it 4-matic. These are for traction (in icy, snowy condition), rather than performance though.

My servicing every year is $300++ and I top more than 8 litres of engine oil per servicing. Not expensive if you ask me.

yes...totally agree. My prev Jap had to go twice, and costs abt $600/yr....

Neutral Newbie

Yeah ... Mine's about the same too. Wonder what's so expensive?!?!? It's on par with most makes, in my opinion unless one keeps sending to PML....

I guess alot of ppl here making random baseless comments from "hearsay".

I can only say every car has its own problems. Who says WRX, 350Z or GTR low maintenance? Anybody knows the maintenance for supercars like Ferrari or Lamborghini? I can always take a car even higher up the spectrum and say - see so much maint, so ex... my Nissan Sunny better...

Ask yourself, chio bu or girl next door easier to maintain? See doctor go polyclinc, hospital or private? Even every chio bu is different. Even you go private doc also not necessarily good. See heng sway.

Pick your own poison...

This discussion is pointless. Cheers.

The cost from 1 servicing schedule does not paint the accurate picture of the overall cost maintanence. The most accurate method is to accumulate all servicing/repair costs from day 1 till let's say 200k - 400k of mileage and we'll see who's the real winner.

yes...totally agree. My prev Jap had to go twice, and costs abt $600/yr....

The cost from 1 servicing schedule does not paint the accurate picture of the overall cost maintanence. The most accurate method is to accumulate all servicing/repair costs from day 1 till let's say 200k - 400k of mileage and we'll see who's the real winner.

IF anyone keeps till 200k, and not many I am confident.

How many of you actually own a BMW? Or a VW (as some mentioned?)

I'm into my 2nd BMW. I've had Nissans, Volvos, Hyundai, Mazda... my parents drive a Merc.

Apart from a coolant leak, I never had any major problems with my BMW.

My Nissan aircon kaput after 2 years. And the worst part - I was driving up north. You can imagine the pain. 3 hours in the sun w/o aircon.

My Hyundai shocks kaput after 4-5 years. Engine no problem but it was such a crappy car I sold it. High FC, no power. I get better FC in my BMW with twice the BHP. Freaking s--t, I can't even FLOOR it. The tranny just refuses to let me rev the engine anything past 4-5K RPM. What a BORING drive.

My Mazda is throwing CEL errors now and then, I just blardee ignore and reset it everytime it occurs. 6 years old, 140K km.

What do you want? I think people need to set their expectations right. A 5-link rear suspension vs torsion beam is certainly going to be more difficult to maintain.

How many people driving JDM with 4 speed auto really REV their cars? I redline my BMW at least once a week. I tried revving a Nissan Sunny (4AT). It just WON'T do it at all. Try abit harder and I can gurantee your gearbox uplorry before 100,000km.

Nissan aircon kaput less than 2yrs old or u drive less than 2 yrs?

Hyundai.. u use it compare to BMW? Lol

Mazda did you mod the car?

Sunny 4AT I am sure ken4555 will debuff your myth completely

IF anyone keeps till 200k, and not many I am confident.

I was at that three-quarter mark before I sent my beloved ride to the dealer. [:p]

Edited by Yuan
↡ Advertisement