Why so many bmws when so many say its unreliable

Somebody

The cost from 1 servicing schedule does not paint the accurate picture of the overall cost maintanence. The most accurate method is to accumulate all servicing/repair costs from day 1 till let's say 200k - 400k of mileage and we'll see who's the real winner.

Agree with what you say. A holistic approach.

↡ Advertisement

who say bmw not reliable? wifely's 5 ser 3 years old (40K), only issue is to top up engine oil every 10K, she uses motor oil to syn oil, an oil she can find in any petrol station, till today still running with no other problem except nail polish everywhere on the steering wheel :D

who say bmw not reliable? wifely's 5 ser 3 years old (40K), only issue is to top up engine oil every 10K, she uses motor oil to syn oil, an oil she can find in any petrol station, till today still running with no other problem except nail polish everywhere on the steering wheel :D

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

sometimes i am very piss when pple said bad things abt certain brands of cars when they dun own one, drive one and service one. hearsay is never accurate.

sometimes i am very piss when pple said bad things abt certain brands of cars when they dun own one, drive one and service one. hearsay is never accurate.

think bro...let them....dun dilute BMW further.....cos too many aldy [;)][;)]

haz.. dilute? i think pollute more likely. Sent wife car for normal servicing before and saw a young chap in late 20s most, called to borrow $ from friend to pay for sevicing. S$800 only. haz..

haz.. dilute? i think pollute more likely. Sent wife car for normal servicing before and saw a young chap in late 20s most, called to borrow $ from friend to pay for sevicing. S$800 only. haz..

EXACTLY....chow kuan :angry: :angry:

Mai howlian lar... people cannot have cashflow problems meh

My 320i is 2 months from 6 years old. Mileage now is about 143,000 km

my sold 320 was also since 6 yr ago , 60k after 1.5 yr ,gold paint any chance might be?

bro , this is clearly not cash flow issue. for you i believe you can easily fork out the money for servicing right in whatever make you are driving right? It's not a matter of hao lian or not, but seriously one should always spend withins one means.

Mai howlian lar... people cannot have cashflow problems meh

bro , this is clearly not cash flow issue. for you i believe you can easily fork out the money for servicing right in whatever make you are driving right? It's not a matter of hao lian or not, but seriously one should always spend withins one means.

It depends at that point in time he may just have his cash locked up elsewhere...

I know of someone earning 1m+ per annum but could not afford a 3k instalment.. I had to repo his ferrari...

You feel is cannot afford or cahsflow?

My ex landlady own 3 BMW, I m nor even sure I m older than them. They still work as I sit in one before as she took me to the city once with it. I have also known a collegue that has a bummer that is about 15 years old, & yes I sat in it as went. Not much issue also.

The Germans do know a thing or 2 about making good engines. Not only that, their cars aged much better than most. A proper maintain e30 or e46 still good good even today.

As much as people thank cars like BMW are just the badge, leather & stuffing more gadget tha your typical car, the real star is the engine & the ensuring handling. Just say you have to drive one to judge leh.

I don't drive a bimmer, but a similar class Audi a few months ago, & I can now understand why these German marques are so well loved worldwide.

Now its hard to go back to Japanese cars anymore, other than maybe the Gtr for a weekend getaway.

Agreed on the aging part. If any of you cynics have an opportunity just go test drive a 20 yr old BMW E30 316 or 318. A BMW will always be a BMW. The way it drives... a new Civic may be more powerful, but it will never drive like a BMW. Don't need to argue, just go test one...

Turbocharged

think bro...let them....dun dilute BMW further.....cos too many aldy [;)][;)]

"320i" also many many these days unlike E46 days :D

It depends at that point in time he may just have his cash locked up elsewhere...

I know of someone earning 1m+ per annum but could not afford a 3k instalment.. I had to repo his ferrari...

You feel is cannot afford or cahsflow?

Probably wanted to change car and repo is cheaper den selling + clear loan.

That is what my dad's fren did. Purposely don't pay loan let credit coy repo.

3 mths later COE spike and he can earn by selling due to increase in price. He went down to credit coy. Make 3 mth payment. Take back car. Sell within 2 weeks.

Neutral Newbie

Agreed on the aging part. If any of you cynics have an opportunity just go test drive a 20 yr old BMW E30 316 or 318. A BMW will always be a BMW. The way it drives... a new Civic may be more powerful, but it will never drive like a BMW. Don't need to argue, just go test one...

Overhype lah.

↡ Advertisement