Why so many bmws when so many say its unreliable

Somebody

It depends at that point in time he may just have his cash locked up elsewhere...

I know of someone earning 1m+ per annum but could not afford a 3k instalment.. I had to repo his ferrari...

You feel is cannot afford or cahsflow?

Im per annum can buy Ferrari meh? My understanding is you need at least 500K per annum to just own a B&B Japnese car like Jazz in Singapore, base on what many MCF bros here suggested.

↡ Advertisement

Probably wanted to change car and repo is cheaper den selling + clear loan.

That is what my dad's fren did. Purposely don't pay loan let credit coy repo.

3 mths later COE spike and he can earn by selling due to increase in price. He went down to credit coy. Make 3 mth payment. Take back car. Sell within 2 weeks.

Nope he hid the car

Im per annum can buy Ferrari meh? My understanding is you need at least 500K per annum to just own a B&B Japnese car like Jazz in Singapore, base on what many MCF bros here suggested.

I would like to see how many walk the talk... but I.never see anyone say need 500k to get a jap car leh

It depends at that point in time he may just have his cash locked up elsewhere...

I know of someone earning 1m+ per annum but could not afford a 3k instalment.. I had to repo his ferrari...

You feel is cannot afford or cahsflow?

no cashflow means cannot afford, to me.

if can afford confirm got cashflow.

[cool]

haz.. dilute? i think pollute more likely. Sent wife car for normal servicing before and saw a young chap in late 20s most, called to borrow $ from friend to pay for sevicing. S$800 only. haz..

thats pretty sad.

"320i" also many many these days unlike E46 days :D

last time 320i already respectable although entry level.

at least the badge tells the truth.

nowadays the badge is just a marketing ploy.

eg. E250, 528i, 640i, C180 etc....

sigh..

Just like what you say about others on BMW's hearsay, you are doing it yourself by judging on the young man based on your own assumptions which may not be correct.

bro , this is clearly not cash flow issue. for you i believe you can easily fork out the money for servicing right in whatever make you are driving right? It's not a matter of hao lian or not, but seriously one should always spend withins one means.

Edited by Jchuacl

the hearsay and what i heard myself , standing beside him is different, friend. i was just beside him, he called 3 friends before one came down. He tried few CC and atm and was rejected.

My ex landlady own 3 BMW, I m nor even sure I m older than them. They still work as I sit in one before as she took me to the city once with it. I have also known a collegue that has a bummer that is about 15 years old, & yes I sat in it as went. Not much issue also.

The Germans do know a thing or 2 about making good engines. Not only that, their cars aged much better than most. A proper maintain e30 or e46 still good good even today.

As much as people thank cars like BMW are just the badge, leather & stuffing more gadget tha your typical car, the real star is the engine & the ensuring handling. Just say you have to drive one to judge leh.

I don't drive a bimmer, but a similar class Audi a few months ago, & I can now understand why these German marques are so well loved worldwide.

Now its hard to go back to Japanese cars anymore, other than maybe the Gtr for a weekend getaway.

This I agree after switching from a Japanese car to a German marque. [:p]

Like what I said, you won't know the full story unless you know the guy personally. What you see and hear may not be what you think it is.

the hearsay and what i heard myself , standing beside him is different, friend. i was just beside him, he called 3 friends before one came down. He tried few CC and atm and was rejected.

The truth is, buying a car is really a subject of personal preferences. It is either go with your heart or your brain. If you have tight budget, take public transport. If you want to experience a bmw drive, rent one for a week. Yiu don't need to keep a cow to get milk.

Like what I said, you won't know the full story unless you know the guy personally. What you see and hear may not be what you think it is.

yup we wont know, but there's enough logic to make a call.

please lah, its not freaking knn $80k, its $800 ! if $8000 already is lao kui kor, it's$800! if he doesnt hv that to service a bloody tin can, dont drive.

am with Krieger, all the way on this one.

Edited by Throttle2

Of coz the odds are against the man, my point is don't be too hasty to judge. Let me ask you, have you ever erred in your judgement on someone where the evidences were stacked up against him/her?

please lah, its not freaking knn $80k, its $800 ! if $8000 already is lao kui kor, it's$800! if he doesnt hv that to service a bloody tin can, dont drive.

Not wanting to sound harsh but if $800 can create cash-flow, it is indeed hard to imagine. :huh:

This I agree after switching from a Japanese car to a German marque. [:p]

There are some really nice japanese cars, like the evo, or GTR, but the Japanese, for some reason, doesn't put same amount of effort into their cars. Some gets too much love, others are thrown to the market with antique tech & looks.

With German Marques, & even Koreans makes for that matter, you can see there are effort in even the most humble car of their range.

There are some really nice japanese cars, like the evo, or GTR, but the Japanese, for some reason, doesn't put same amount of effort into their cars. Some gets too much love, others are thrown to the market with antique tech & looks.

With German Marques, & even Koreans makes for that matter, you can see there are effort in even the most humble car of their range.

not true. have seen the lexus LFA?

When the LExus ls400 first came out. MErc s--t their pants and redesigned the s class

its just different aims... for different markets

Coming from driving the lowest or most humble range of German cars, I concur with you once more. :D

Edited by Yuan
↡ Advertisement