Samsung releases ICS for I9100

MacDuck

I wonder if most of the apps have been upgraded yet to run ICS? Else after upgrading, end up with a phone that doesn't have much apps to run with.

I wonder if most of the apps have been upgraded yet to run ICS? Else after upgrading, end up with a phone that doesn't have much apps to run with.

Just check the individualised Google Play page for the apps you frequently check to confirm. On a side note, will be waiting for pulser-g2 to update VillainROM 3.0. Hopefully Hacre comes back from lalaland to update Ninphetamine kernel 2.13.

Neutral Newbie

anyway , just like any OS , better wait for a while to let it "stablise" b4 considering upgrading yr present device

Wah.... that's quite alot of checking to do then..... :wacko:

Just check the individualised Google Play page for the apps you frequently check to confirm. On a side note, will be waiting for pulser-g2 to update VillainROM 3.0. Hopefully Hacre comes back from lalaland to update Ninphetamine kernel 2.13.

What's the diff...is ICS faster

New features in ICS

Hardware acceleration is now fully supported but i am quite disappointed that the dalvik VM which really is the resident Java Virtual Machine in Android is still slow compared to the Java SE VM in your desktop (approx 2 to 3 times slower). It is partly a reason why the GUI rendering is not as smooth as in iOS.

Edited by Happily1986

Wah.... that's quite alot of checking to do then..... :wacko:

don't worry la, developer never extend support for ICS yet doesn't mean the app won't work. If i can run Honeycomb app in Gingerbread, run games meant for Tegra on smartphones using PowerVR GPU and these apps work well, i will be sure that apps will run just as fine in ICS.

Turbocharged

Upgrade or not, it is still an Android.

My android 3.0 tablet is collecting dust at home. It just can't compete with Ipad user experience.

If ICS have Face Unlock as native feature and S2 cannot work, it will be a great shame.

S2-ICS has face unlock. But it is quite wague in the sense that another guy with waguely comparable face (?!) also can open!

Android 4.0 - ICS is now available for Singapore registered S2 handset.

My just update to 4.0.3 but never stat its ics lei..is this wrong version?how to download the rite one?

My just update to 4.0.3 but never stat its ics lei..is this wrong version?how to download the rite one?

my friend just bought the latest bimmer 328, but it never says F30.. so he asked me if he got the right car. [laugh]

It should come with free ice cream and sandwich voucher :D

↡ Advertisement