M1 Fibre Broadband Discussion

LMFAO

Hi guys, anybody using this router Engenius 9850 Router??

Yup. Using that now. So far so good. Cheap and good.

suggest all ESR9850 users upgrade their firmware to the latest stated in engenius sg webby.

Yo bro hows your speed now? Good?

normal broadband also charge termination fee when you decide to bid farewell to your SP.

Huh, sure boh? So change ADSL or Cable provider will kena termination fee?

change ISP sure kena one, unless you upgrade from ADSL to fibre with same ISP, think still got room to nego. Don't want termination fee, keep both (practical if you have many users sharing). [:p]

Check the T&Cs, am sure all ISP have this there. There's no competition in Singapore, they only compete by copying whatever the other players are charging aka petrol.

Edited by Kangadrool

my fibre was installed on 20 march... when can i sign up fibre plan?

i wanna cancel singtel....

ideally should sign up when fibre signal is up. Install ya la but the signal may not be up yet with respect to backend. Unless you can negotiate for the plan and billing to start w.e.f. the date of activation.

ideally should sign up when fibre signal is up. Install ya la but the signal may not be up yet with respect to backend. Unless you can negotiate for the plan and billing to start w.e.f. the date of activation.

they told me 2 weeks from installation...... which was 20/3

any idea will open net be able help me check if signal is up?

pm me your address details I check for you on my backend. ^_^

my case, i waited about 2 to 3 weeks. 2 weeks is boh bao one. better ask the RSP of your choice (M1/Viewqwest etc) they can check for you.

Edited by Happily1986

Got M1 50mbps fibre bb plan & had a speed test at speedtest.net. My d/l speed is only about halfway of my subscibed plan's speed & never went past 30mbps & my u\l speed is ~35-40mbps.

Any guys having the same results as mine?

me no understand.

upon fulfilling the 2 yrs contract, how is there a termination fee and return fees to be paid. [confused]

I am with Starhub Max Infinity Fiber Broadband, and Starhub called it Disconnection Service Charge. It is different from Termination Charge. Disconnection Service Charge is payable when you want to disconnect the service with them after you had fulfilled your 24 months contract. Termination charge will kick in when you terminate the service any time within the contract period, and I view this more like a penalty. For example If I terminate the Service on the 15th month of the contract, I will have to pay them $178.69.

If I want to disconnect the service with Starhub upon completion of my 24 month contract, I need to inform Starhub One month in advance of my intention to disconnect the service with them and I will be required to pay a fee of $32.10 being Disconnection Service Charge. Please see Para 3 of the Attached doc.

DISCONNECTION_.pdf

I am with Starhub Max Infinity Fiber Broadband, and Starhub called it Disconnection Service Charge. It is different from Termination Charge. Disconnection Service Charge is payable when you want to disconnect the service with them after you had fulfilled your 24 months contract. Termination charge will kick in when you terminate the service any time within the contract period, and I view this more like a penalty. For example If I terminate the Service on the 15th month of the contract, I will have to pay them $178.69.

If I want to disconnect the service with Starhub upon completion of my 24 month contract, I need to inform Starhub One month in advance of my intention to disconnect the service with them and I will be required to pay a fee of $32.10 being Disconnection Service Charge. Please see Para 3 of the Attached doc.

huh, isn't this disconnection fee payable to OpenNet. How come Starhub also demand a disconnection fee from you as well?

Twincharged

nope ... i returned my Mio setup to the singtel shop in tampines mall ... no hidden charges or hassle.

but whatever FIBRE provider you choose, they WILL charge you a termination and equipment return fee.

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement