Journey to the west anyone?

Soho

i am currently job seeking... got a job offer but was posted to the site office inside of the main office..

ok cut the story short,

i leave in hougang, moving to punggol in 2 yrs time. site office is at tuas.. so if i accept the job offer, i have to go to tuas to work everyday!

ok question now is.. anybro traveling from east to west everyday? if 830 need to reach office, around wat time need to leave home? monthly petrol and erp? which roads to go and which to avoid?

or should i just take B.M.W.. company do provide shuttle at jookoon but i think should be around 8.. so if my hse to jookoon around 1.5hrs, i have to leave hse at 630?!?!??!?!

the thought of this journey to the west really turns me off... any bro out there traveling like this everyday? will get xi guan right????

anyway i am a fresh grad and their starting pay is low 3k... not complaining about the pay but the traveling...

↡ Advertisement

i am currently job seeking... got a job offer but was posted to the site office inside of the main office..

ok cut the story short,

i leave in hougang, moving to punggol in 2 yrs time. site office is at tuas.. so if i accept the job offer, i have to go to tuas to work everyday!

ok question now is.. anybro traveling from east to west everyday? if 830 need to reach office, around wat time need to leave home? monthly petrol and erp? which roads to go and which to avoid?

or should i just take B.M.W.. company do provide shuttle at jookoon but i think should be around 8.. so if my hse to jookoon around 1.5hrs, i have to leave hse at 630?!?!??!?!

the thought of this journey to the west really turns me off... any bro out there traveling like this everyday? will get xi guan right????

anyway i am a fresh grad and their starting pay is low 3k... not complaining about the pay but the traveling...

For a moment I thought it was Xi You Ji.... [wave]

Turbocharged

LOL i thought so too, use sun wukong can somersault reach in 1sec, or take the dragon horse [laugh] [laugh]

I lived in the west (JE mrt) and used to work in the east (Tamp mrt).....the mrt journey is at least 1hr min....best to set aside 1.5hrs....take into acct miss the train, this breakdown, that breakdown....really damn tiring....quit after 8mths...cant stand the journey....3.5 - 4hrs per day gone just for travelling...

urs indeed quite far. from jurong to sembawang i already kpkb. cant imagine urs.

ya... and if i do drive, maybe still ok.. but oso must see the expenses if i can afford all the petrol and everything with my pay.. car is fully paid but belongs to my parents. but they do have another car to drive..

but since i coming out to work, of course i dun wanna "live off" them anymore ma.. so thinking about the B.M.W.. but leaving home at 630 everyday T_T..... anyone have same experience?

i do know fresh grad ar... shldnt complain too much... but mine is really like 1 end to another..

I lived in the west (JE mrt) and used to work in the east (Tamp mrt).....the mrt journey is at least 1hr min....best to set aside 1.5hrs....take into acct miss the train, this breakdown, that breakdown....really damn tiring....quit after 8mths...cant stand the journey....3.5 - 4hrs per day gone just for travelling...

hai... yup... and worst is this job i think might frequent OT + night work... and its not marine industry... so no fat bonus to look forward to... haha

LOL i thought so too, use sun wukong can somersault reach in 1sec, or take the dragon horse

make the topic more interesting ma.. haha

LOL i thought so too, use sun wukong can somersault reach in 1sec, or take the dragon horse [laugh] [laugh]

Ride on a cloud... 2 secs reach the workplace already... :D

No shuttle bus? Usually coys in tuas have shuttle bus from Jurong East MRT

i asked.. its from jookoon... and i not very sure its shuttle bus or is it company staff fetch using company van....

because the manager(soon to be my direct incharge) is a v nice guy... try to know what my considerations are... i told him about the distance.. he say its ok... they do have transport to help fetch from joonkoon to site office... and told me 830 is quite flexible.. but dun everyday arrive at 9 la... and he try to reassure that they do have engineers leaving in the east coming to tuas to work too..

wat touch me is he is a very nice guy i think from the way he talk to and interview me... i think working under him should be quite ok...

but TUAS!!! haha... i think alot ppl reject coz of that ... so they oso short of ppl....

Young man, he grateful that you still have a job. Some industries are already starting to cut head counts.

Leaving home @ 0630 hrs is nothing. Some people are already in office @ 0630hrs.

Neutral Newbie

I live in hougang too. Drive to NTU in the west everyday. About an hour for morning traffic. Petrol drops 1/8 bar for every trip to and fro.

c mon from east to west by pie is 20 min or 30km for my car, already used to it , in fact each trip is like on a racing track , u get addicted no time , just make sure ur car is a sprinter

Young man, he grateful that you still have a job. Some industries are already starting to cut head counts.

Leaving home @ 0630 hrs is nothing. Some people are already in office @ 0630hrs.

yup i knoe... thats y i am really considering this job... but i dunno how long i can last... and wat are the ways i can go about traveling there...

I live in hougang too. Drive to NTU in the west everyday. About an hour for morning traffic. Petrol drops 1/8 bar for every trip to and fro.

hi! i am currently driving to NTU too... but u know sometime 830 lect i dun even feel like gg liao... but this tuas is even further than NTU... and i might not be driving to work oso... tats y the differences

c mon from east to west by pie is 20 min or 30km for my car, already used to it , in fact each trip is like on a racing track , u get addicted no time , just make sure ur car is a sprinter

no jam on PIE? how about erp? what time u leave hse?

↡ Advertisement