Tennis Elbow

FastFastCar

Been using western grip to whip topspin too often, tried using semi-western but less spin and my oponents can read my shots too easily, so revert back to western grip and think I kena tennis elbow, I need advice, should I change my grip to Eastern Grip and hit flat shots, or should I use continental grip like Stefan Edberg to reverse my tennis elbow??? I don't think I can hit powerful shots with a continental grip though. How?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

U should go for placing rather than mere power. As for your opp ability to read your serve than u must learn to read his return-serve (anticipate his return).

My advise is to vary your serve betweem western grip and conti.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Where is that tennis guy when you need him.

:D

He kenna kidnap by his future in-laws?

Edited by Jamesc

U should go for placing rather than mere power. As for your opp ability to read your serve than u must learn to read his return-serve (anticipate his return).

My advise is to vary your serve betweem western grip and conti.

Err I can't serve with a western grip, is it possible? I serve with a semi-continental grip, yes as I get older I should go for placing rather than power, not good for my joints.

Been using western grip to whip topspin too often, tried using semi-western but less spin and my oponents can read my shots too easily, so revert back to western grip and think I kena tennis elbow, I need advice, should I change my grip to Eastern Grip and hit flat shots, or should I use continental grip like Stefan Edberg to reverse my tennis elbow??? I don't think I can hit powerful shots with a continental grip though. How?

Thanks!

Err... What is tennis elbow?

I (initially) thought you wanted to teach us how to use teh ni elbow knowing your love for SYTs :D

C0rkster, can dun participate in every damn thread to Tok Kok can?

There are forumer not happy u know, turn every thread into Tok Kok thread is a no no in MCF!

• Praise 1

Err... What is tennis elbow?

Pain in the elbow caused by the hard impact of whipping out powerful forehand shots with my western grip?

Turbocharged

C0rkster, can dun participate in every damn thread to Tok Kok can?

There are forumer not happy u know, turn every thread into Tok Kok thread is a no no in MCF!

Wow! Sorry dai gor. I repent for my misdeeds [:(]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Pain in the elbow caused by the hard impact of whipping out powerful forehand shots with my western grip?

What racket are you using? Maybe change to those more powerful type and lower tension.

But in most tennis elbow cases, it is not caused by playing tennis.

For me, it was caused by carrying my son when he was a baby.

What racket are you using? Maybe change to those more powerful type and lower tension.

But in most tennis elbow cases, it is not caused by playing tennis.

For me, it was caused by carrying my son when he was a baby.

I am using a damn old racket, yamaha secret 04, the one yannick noah used, abit heavy and small face, you got any reccomendation?

Supercharged

I am using a damn old racket, yamaha secret 04, the one yannick noah used, abit heavy and small face, you got any reccomendation?

Perhaps that's explain why you need to hit so hard... your racket. Noah... I like his hair [laugh]

Racket... Wilson or Babolat. If Wilson, BLX six.one 95 is very good. Federer is using 90. Not friendly for us, weekend player.

If Babolat...Aero Pro drive GT. Good for those who play with western grip as it got more power. Nadal's racket.

btw, I am not pro hor... just weekend player only.

Is your elbow having burning pain and some times like a needle poking into it? Can do some stretching exercise. If want fast recovery, go to see physio. They can use ultrasound to "BBQ" your elbow for faster healing.

Edited by Ben5266
  • Praise 1

Perhaps that's explain why you need to hit so hard... your racket. Noah... I like his hair [laugh]

Racket... Wilson or Babolat. If Wilson, BLX six.one 95 is very good. Federer is using 90. Not friendly for us, weekend player.

If Babolat...Aero Pro drive GT. Good for those who play with western grip as it got more power. Nadal's racket.

btw, I am not pro hor... just weekend player only.

Is your elbow having burning pain and some times like a needle poking into it? Can do some stretching exercise. If want fast recovery, go to see physio. They can use ultrasound to "BBQ" your elbow for faster healing.

Thanks Bro for your kind advice, guess I have to go shopping for a new racket! Cheers!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Anyone kenna tennis elbow and how did u recover from it?

Rest, painkillers, ice pack, injection?

• Praise 1

wear a brace for now.  Hyperextend the wrist against a wall to soothe and ice pack it

you play tennis meh?

Either you have lateral epicondylitis, aka tennis elbow

OR

Medial epicondylitis, aka golfers elbow

I stopped playing for a while to recover.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1