Tyre puncture repair with plug cannot be repair again?

Cybertech

Is it true that a tyre puncture with a nail and repair with plug type, after few months it started

to leak air and the same spot cannot be repaired again?

Actually was thinking to change all 4 tyres since already done 50,000km with it and coming to

4 years usage, but the thread still look pretty good probably can drive for another 10k.

↡ Advertisement

don't be penny wise pound foolish. 4yrs old tyres and you want to use for another 10k km, are you kidding?

Safety is more impt, your life depend only on these 4 contact areas. Go and change tyres right away, otherwise,please stay off the road.

check 4-d on ur tyres which represent week-week-year-year manufactured date. if exceed 4yrs, do not use it no matter how new or good the condition is.

yes, don't compromise u n ur loved ones safety.

If budget is you main concern.

Then you should really just change ONE of the punctured tyre.

There are MANY second hands, no puncture tyres, available at most tyres shop for you to change.

check 4-d on ur tyres which represent week-week-year-year manufactured date. if exceed 4yrs, do not use it no matter how new or good the condition is.

yes, don't compromise u n ur loved ones safety.

I get what you means ... is 3608 so 36 weeks year 2008. Time to change as so many advice here,

afterall I find the ride uncomfortable even after changing the shock absorber recently probably due

to harden tyres.

Is it true that a tyre puncture with a nail and repair with plug type, after few months it started

Actually was thinking to change all 4 tyres since already done 50,000km with it and coming to

4 years usage, but the thread still look pretty good probably can drive for another 10k.

For the leak air question.. Nope it wouldn't. My tyre pressure never leak for the one that was repaired before.

For your 4 year tyre.. Time to change.. I will change every 2.5 yr minimum

Neutral Newbie

I personally experienced a tyre being punctured by a 5cm screw, mind you it is not even a nail.

Tried repairing it, but the tyre will just continue to leak air. Imagine the hassle to bring your car to petrol station and ensuring that the correct air pressure is filled

In the end, I decided to change all 4 tyres despite just having used them for 15k

For your safety, I would suggest that you changed your tyres as they are really very old.

I personally experienced a tyre being punctured by a 5cm screw, mind you it is not even a nail.

Tried repairing it, but the tyre will just continue to leak air. Imagine the hassle to bring your car to petrol station and ensuring that the correct air pressure is filled

In the end, I decided to change all 4 tyres despite just having used them for 15k

For your safety, I would suggest that you changed your tyres as they are really very old.

You probably can change just a pair, & rotate front back during each servicing.

I believe wiser to replace tire if tread depth less than 4mm and we are going North (rain over there very much heavier). The tire service life is next important thing to pay attention to. For comfort, inflate tire slightly lower pressure does help.

Neutral Newbie

You probably can change just a pair, & rotate front back during each servicing.

Yup, did thought of that but I prefer to have 4 new tyres rather than 2 with 100% thread and 2 with 50% thread.... Else I will always have 2 pairs of tyres with different wear..... Just my 2 cts

Solely to answer this question on second repair on same spot.

Yes it can be repaired again.

not injecting plug

Got to use internal patch, by umounting tyre from rim and patch from inside.

its more work involved, some are lazy, or tactic to get owner to buy new tyre.

Nevertheless, have to reduce speed and careful with worn tyres especially when road is wet .

Bro I understand because I just kana only at least a 5cm screw yesterday.. Can't be patched at all had to change the whole tyre sibei suay car going to hand over to dealer tomolo then kana this type of sh**.. Sorry for OT.. Anyway TS tyres cannot save la.. Better buy good ones safety more important..

I got a picture from a screw about 1cm from the shoulder in JB yesterday, had it patched with worm plug at a JB tyre shop and pumped to 34PSI.

This morning, TPMS indicated only 31PSI, lost 3PSI overnight. I think the repair was not done properly. Can the same spot with the plug be repaired by a patch?

I got a picture from a screw about 1cm from the shoulder in JB yesterday, had it patched with worm plug at a JB tyre shop and pumped to 34PSI.

This morning, TPMS indicated only 31PSI, lost 3PSI overnight. I think the repair was not done properly. Can the same spot with the plug be repaired by a patch?

Mr Duck, your problem is not the repaired not done properly, IS sidewall should not be repaired in the first place and even on the threading part if plug leak again is also dont repair anymore even from inside.

REASON why is the plug repaired leak again ? probably the hole torn or crack and no mattter how you do the tyre is already TORN [rolleyes]

sidewall puncture can't be repaired de.. you repair already also will leak.. tyre flexing when u turn will cause the worm to come loose also and hence air will leak..

Thanks, tires have only clocked slightly over 18000km.

1cm from shoulder is considered as sidewall damage already? Had it plugged as I needed to get back to Singapore. [knife]

Will get a new pair after work later. [:(]

↡ Advertisement