Reviews on the NISSAN Almera

Xtremee

Neutral Newbie

Ok due to strong recommendation i went to take a look at the Korean Brand Cars.

Huandai Elentra

spaceball.gif

YAH!!

cars really expensive.

Remember one point of time when COE was really low i could even buy a Mitsubitshi lancer for 50k or less.

Cannot compared back then, dont think the car price will go back 2009 and before. Imagine during that time, all those mid range 1.6L car all priced below 55K. But now the exactly same car cost 90-100K! [knife]

The last time i was looking for a car can get brand new stream at 80k. lol.

Correct, you pay a bit more even can get a CRV SUV! :D

Edited by 13177

Actually you cant really say that. Ultimately, you will be driving it for a long time, given the COE climate now. You would want something that looks decent for around the same price.

But again, the subjective debate on looks can go on and on. Just like I think the Juke is ugly, people can argue that its still way better than my 2006 lancer.

So depending on how you see it, if you like it and it serves the purpose of getting one, go for it.

On paper its 14.9km/l for elantra and 14.5km/l. I think its more or less the same. But i will definitely go for the Elantra. Was there at the Hyundai roadshow at Vivo and I must say, Korean cars really woos me.

I think it depends, even given the current COE climate, there are still people out there continue to buy 100K car or change their current car. [rolleyes]

Looks like many people recommended elantra, wondering this car really that good or not? [:/] How come nobody compared with the 6-speed forte?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Elentra VS Almera

After looking at the specs and reviews from Here

Elentra

Almera

I was pleasantly surprised.

With the same price i can actually get a car which is superior is most aspects.

According to the specs

Engine more powerful

Larger fuel tank (No need keep looking for Petrol station)

Larger Exterior (Looks more expensive :D )

Hmmm but considering branding is really important.

E.G Although every one knows that LV bags are seriously overpriced for the materials used many are still willing to pay thousands of dollars for it.

BUT nonetheless i will still go down and test drive both the cars.

Will give you my reviews soon on it ok? HAHA

Edited by Xtremee

Neutral Newbie

Anyway. Please continue to post your recommendation.

Will like to view a wider range before deciding, since cars are such an expensive investment.

Ya , my cheapest buy is an auto 1.6 sunny at only 47k - those were the days. Cannot buy even a piece of COE now.

Edited by Colin03

first and current car 2008 fit 56K, already thinking of renewing COE when the time has come. $500 per mth do makes hell lot of a diff. can go Bangkok every mth you know.

Neutral Newbie

Err I recently read an article say that recently Bank interest rates for cars also very high.

any of u guys know which banks tend to have least fluctuation and lowest interest?

Just one look at the specs and I have written it off immediately. I mean, a 4-speed auto gear box in 2012?

The Fortes and Cruzes definitely have more value for money, not to mention, IMHO, they look better too.

so make the best of it. spending 1k+ per mth on a car make sure you know what you are getting.

Some people die die wan brand new.

Some people don't mind used...

A old Alfa (6.5years old) parked beside this; which is more atas?

Some people die die wan brand new.

Some people don't mind used...

A old Alfa (6.5years old) parked beside this; which is more atas?

I would definitely prefer to be seen driving a 6 1/2 years ALFA compared to a brand new 4 Speed Nissan ....

I would definitely prefer to be seen driving a 6 1/2 years ALFA compared to a brand new 4 Speed Nissan ....

This almera is 4 speed?

latest Altis also 4 speed auto.

I know the FL current altis is 4 speed auto, but now comes with dual VVTi. But there are still many people buy lo.

I know the FL current altis is 4 speed auto, but now comes with dual VVTi. But there are still many people buy lo.

Elantra also dual vvti.

It is know as D CVVT.

Edited by Spidercool
↡ Advertisement