Bukit Brown Saga ....

Picnic06-Biante15

i want to drive thru all the driveways/roads there before they are gone forever..... wonder at nite can see the roads.. any street lamps there?

Gone..... [:(] , one less piak piak place .... [:|][:|]

For those not in construction...

During construction the whole stretch beneath the bridge will need to be bulldozed clear and flat so that the piling rig, concrete trucks, lorries and other vehicles can access during construction. They cannot pile and form the piers from the air.

Nature would have to reclaim the land beneath the bridge after completion.

Turbocharged

Lornie Road/Sime Road leading to Khiam Hock Road, opp SICC ... -_-

Sounded like near my house.

I think you meant the cementary near to that Lornie road overhead bridge where mata like to take photos.

Didn't know it is called Bukit Brown.

But I heard there is a Bukit Brown MRT. Why do they want to build a MRT at a grave site?

Turbocharged

From what I understand all the graves were overgrown and never visited.

Suddenly people realised that they had ancestors and wanted to visit their graves.

We Singaporeans are dam funny sometimes.

on the contrary, i think it's due to the increasing insecure sense of belonging by us Singaporeans in recent years, due to the massive influx of foreigners

more people are aware and concern of the diluting Singaporean identity

in fact, bukit brown is not the first cemetery to be appealed for conversation...

teochew cemetery kwang hou sua at woodlands road was appealed against exhumation.. but largely ignored by the authority...

and the awareness and voice of the people concerned was far softer compared to now

i want to drive thru all the driveways/roads there before they are gone forever..... wonder at nite can see the roads.. any street lamps there?

drive thru not shiok.must go down and walk especially in late evening time when the air is cool.

best if walk alone and enjoy the quietness and serenity of nature.*with some insects singing.

total graves affected 3726 ...

so the remaining graves not affected by the en bloc are still on freehold status(time being)?

Edited by Unidentified

drive thru not shiok.must go down and walk especially in late evening time when the air is cool.

best if walk alone and enjoy the quietness and serenity of nature.*with some insects singing.

with so many mosquitoes around, only you can....

I still prefer driving deeper into cemetery & stays inside the car with nice music, Mac take-away and a [gorgeous] ..... [smash]

Turbocharged

stays inside the car with nice music, Mac take-away and a [gorgeous] ..... [smash]

then the car breaks down, the music becomes scratching sounds, and the [gorgeous] turns into a pontianak

Supercharged

Ya knn i gotta find them new hdb to stay...remember every house sure got spirit wan

U will be v bz then.... hope you are being compensated well..... [laugh][laugh]

From what I understand all the graves were overgrown and never visited.

Suddenly people realised that they had ancestors and wanted to visit their graves.

We Singaporeans are dam funny sometimes.

many pple also do not frequent East Coast Mcdonalds..suddenly many pple feel 'nostalgic' and went on the last day..how about the KTM railway track when authorities announced the closure? how funny Singaporeans are [laugh]

For those not in construction...

During construction the whole stretch beneath the bridge will need to be bulldozed clear and flat so that the piling rig, concrete trucks, lorries and other vehicles can access during construction. They cannot pile and form the piers from the air.

Nature would have to reclaim the land beneath the bridge after completion.

At least no real time noise monitoring needed.... [laugh] [laugh]

Supercharged

But I heard there is a Bukit Brown MRT. Why do they want to build a MRT at a grave site?

Bt Brown Station has already been built in Jalan Mashhor (near the Thomson nurseries and Mediacorp). It's just a shell, ready for commissioning when Mediacorp and maybe the nurseries move out and the whole area (all the way to the cemetery boundary) is ready for development. It was originally called Thomson Station.

i struggle to understand the need for the road expansion at Bt Brown.

As it is now, the road is heavily congested in peak hrs .. only because of bottlenecks.

Morning = Alexandra road - Queensway Junction, CTE to Braddell (please remove the bloody bus stop there!), Bartley - Serangoon Ave 1 traffic junction, Bartley - Upper Paya Lebar exit.

Evening = the TOTALLY c--k traffic light junction for Sime Road, upper Thomson stretch between Marymount Lane and Sin Ming Ave, Braddell exit into CTE (some widening needed), Bartley - Serangoon Ave 1 traffic junction

Instead of solving these bottlenecks, they set upon huge project elsewhere which is not the main cause. I struggle to be convinced that these ppl actually did their proper homeworks.