MMA in Straits Times today

Yr1985

Twincharged

Kungfu wet dreams should wake up start doing strength training.

i believe singlet guy from geylang would have stood a better chance than the kungfu master ...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

So the fight with Mike Tyson in Ip Man is not real?  :TT_TT:

it was kinda real for Mike ... coz donnie broke mike's thumb ....

Chinese kungfu also need to do strength training, stamina training, sparring practice etc. hard work and boring stuff .. nowadays, it seems to be becoming more of demonstrative sport and money making gimmick.

i rem last time got one comedy starring veronica yip ... she is a martial arts person and was fighting with another 3 martial arts guys in the back alley ... all the pattern very swee.

but when veronica's pattern proved to be more effective, they 3 guys reverted to street fighting without pattern and then beat her to a pulp !!  :XD:

Twincharged

Veronica Yip and three guys .. Simi Cat III movie? [laugh]

cannot rem what type of movie liow .... she stopped acting long time ago liow ... but I think its an unrated comedy only...

it was kinda real for Mike ... coz donnie broke mike's thumb ....

i rem last time got one comedy starring veronica yip ... she is a martial arts person and was fighting with another 3 martial arts guys in the back alley ... all the pattern very swee.

but when veronica's pattern proved to be more effective, they 3 guys reverted to street fighting without pattern and then beat her to a pulp !!  :XD:

how come you see and remember veronica Yip is for the fighting??

something not right leh...  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

how come you see and remember veronica Yip is for the fighting??

something not right leh...  [laugh]

actually I rem it more for the script that called for the 3 guys to fight veronica with martial arts display ... but then remembered they were gangsters and fell back to street fighting instead when they lost in martial arts  ... funny moment !!

but of course I rem veronica more for he role in Zhong Hua Ying Xiong !! [grin]

Actually quite shiok to see this Chinese MMA guy calling out all those taichi and wing Chun masters as fraud.

Edited by Ender

Twincharged

Most so-called kung fu styles once put down onto the floor become defenceless, that's why Bruce Lee studied many different forms to pick what is practical. Wing Chun was only one of the forms that he studied. In reality, whoever delivers the first strongest and fastest punch most likely wins. 

Most people cannot tahan even one punch from Mike Tyson. Those Jackie Chan movies that shows people kenna punch hundred times still can stand up are just BS.

this one leh ?

post-2854-0-34562700-1521524163.jpg

Actually quite shiok to see this Chinese MMA guy calling out all those taichi and wing Chun masters as fraud.

actually now traditional chinese kungfu is more for 养生 or health benefit rather then real phyical fighting.

if traditional kungfu can really fight , it must be lost dun know how many hundreds of years ago

no ... that's actually a drawing of me doing my morning exercise ... :a-happy:

ok you can go Geylang and look for those guys haha...
↡ Advertisement