Bird s-h-i-t!!!

Nooby

Hi Guys. Sorry to ask, do bird s--t corrode the car paintwork? I just gana some bird s-h-i-t on the car, thereafter I use a wet tissue and wipe it off and washed it thereafter. But the paintwork become like rough and off. Got gana bird s-h-i-t previously but after wiping it off it's fine already. Just this one. Is it because on bonnet, hot, that's why it will become like this? Thank for your advice :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi Guys. Sorry to ask, do bird s--t corrode the car paintwork? I just gana some bird s-h-i-t on the car, thereafter I use a wet tissue and wipe it off and washed it thereafter. But the paintwork become like rough and off. Got gana bird s-h-i-t previously but after wiping it off it's fine already. Just this one. Is it because on bonnet, hot, that's why it will become like this? Thank for your advice :D

Yes, it corrodes the paint. It all depends how fast you remove it. If it stayed for longer time, you would have the effect on the paint!

• Praise 1

Thanks for your reply. I think it have already corrode abit my paint. Will waxing help???

• Praise 1

The best way to remove bird droppings from your car paint is to soak a towel and place it on top of the droppings until it is soft, esp if it is dried up already.

Softly wipe off the droppings and use another clean soak cloth to wipe the area down. This way of cleaning will prevent swirl marks on your paint job.

And yes bird droppings will corrode your paint depending on what crap the birds eat :)

• Praise 3

Thanks for your advice. I got the swirl mark already. I did put on a wet tissues to soak it wet (heard from another mcfer bro's advice b4) then wipe it off with another wet tissue. But the damage is there already (just for this case) Can I do anything to clear off the swirl mark? My paintwork is black. Now the bird s-h-i-t potion is like greyish black.. sian...

Try waxing it. I've had swirl marks as a result of clearing bird droppings and I've always managed to rid them (Meguairs Yellow Wax 24)

• Praise 1

Bird s--t is not the most Acidic. it's the bat s--t you should be afraid of. 1 hrs and its enough to eat into any wax or polish.

The best way to remove bird s--t is to place a very wet tissue over it for a min or so to soften it. Den gently wipe it off. ^_^

• Praise 2

Go buy a 'Y' shooter, and shoot those ass-hole from the branches, I did not ' ang-zi ' as bullet, macham range practise session.

Someone should complaint to NEA, they will sent ex-ASIAN, or champion SEA shooter for practise too !

Neutral Newbie

care to advise where u buy your meguaire wax?

My fav shop AUTOBACS! hahah. if you are buying alot of things at once, it is wise to go. But buy single product then no. cause the price is always more expensive than outher retail outlet.

• Praise 1

kena bird s--t. quite a few patches. parked under the hot sun. although only 1 hour, bird s--t already dried.

after cleaning off, the body paint is cloudy. can still see the patches very clearly.

tried autoglym super resin polish and normal wax. no help. any idea how to cure this?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1