NYP student Lai Shimun posted racist remarks on Twitter

Wubb

You must understand the different folk etymologies here. "Dog" when used to refer to a MIW supporter is a contraction of "running dog", which was the term used by David Marshall to refer to the media of Singapore (along with "prostitutes" and "lackeys"). Running dogs are animals that assist in a hunt, as they run alongside the horse-mounted huntsman. It was honestly not intended to be crassly offensive (at least initially), but maybe it's become more offensive now as people just use "dog" in a more vulgar fashion.

I dont see any different. unless you think we can call opposition voter dogs too [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

I couldn't agree more

and Hyundai is kind of Ferrari

Hyundai -> Komoco -> Ferrari

:D

At least someone here is bright enough to see the connections. [scholar]

Maybe if we all look at it in a more creative way, the thing would just be a silly young gal who didnt think before she posted.

1)She mean the indians should have their own transport- (Maybe like a own bus or own car or watever)

2)She mean that the dogs should have a seperate transport or cabin-(Maybe she has a dog as a pet and cannot take it onto the train so she suggesting one)

Actually my point is... its just a comment and many ppl overreact... she removed her post(Meaning she knows she is wrong)

but ppl need to make police report.

IMO, it just shows how unforgiving Singapore has become.

Problem now is that we need to "reflect" like what our beloved MP said and maybe we all become more gracious... [laugh]

At least someone here is bright enough to see the connections. [scholar]

er..u understand sarcasm?? [laugh][laugh][laugh] oh well...

so got her photo yet?

Bro, i think sharing her pic is not going to be very helpful...

if something similar happened to you and your picture is shared all around the country... would be scary also..

and she is only 19 Yrs... lets give her the benefit of the doubt and move on... :D

if something similar happened to you and your picture is shared all around the country... would be scary also..

and she is only 19 Yrs... lets give her the benefit of the doubt and move on... :D

That's quite a double standard bro. Everyone was calling for the expulsion of that sun xu chap, now you suggest giving this girl gina the benefit of the doubt and move on.

A police report has been lodged against her. Ms Lai is currently pursuing a diploma in Radiotherapy at Nanyang Polytechnic. Though she has removed the tweet, it has been widely circulated on social media, prompting one angry Singaporean to lodge a complaint to her polytechnic and to the police.

Police report lodged against NYP student Lai Shimun for posting racist remarks on Twitter

ya unless its a naked pic or wearing something revealling

else no point...

That's quite a double standard bro. Everyone was calling for the expulsion of that sun xu chap, now you suggest giving this girl gina the benefit of the doubt and move on.

ya

she shld come my house and perform community service LOL

ironic how, when a chinaman calls us dogs, our MP tells us to reflect.

When a local student calls indian dogs, the MP keeps quiet.

He learnt his lesson already to keep his mouth shut...

In our Singapore society, racial harmony/disharmony is more important, i.e. Riots is more likely to happen than Wars... and riots is more difficult to manage for a government, as compared to bilateral issues, which the government can just disclaim that it is just a stupid comment from a stupid citizen...

u think too much... [laugh]

i need someone to help mop the floor so that i can surf MCF LOL

Haha, you forgot that nowadays most of these ginas don't know how to do housework. Probably never pick up a mop before. Maybe you do the mopping, and she help you surf =p

↡ Advertisement