Malaysia : Lexis Port Dickson vs Golden Palm Tree Sepang

Adrianli

Does the Grand Lexis has direct access to the beach?

No.

The water there has Jelly fish swimming ard when I was there!!! I wouldnt jump into the sea even if there was a beach there. [knife]

The resort next door, Glory Resort, does have a beach front.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

bro Adrianli, if only 2 going, which u will recommend? no need big room, decent place will do.

if only 2...i'd still take the grand lexis. can skinny dip in the private pool [:p]

No.

The water there has Jelly fish swimming ard when I was there!!! I wouldnt jump into the sea even if there was a beach there. [knife]

Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't be going into the sea water but my boy do love playing sand on the beach... Have u tried Thistle which has good review at TripAdvisor?

No.

Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't be going into the sea water but my boy do love playing sand on the beach... Have u tried Thistle which has good review at TripAdvisor?

No.

Thanks for the info.

(edited)

No, this was my first trip to PD.

The sandy area where the beach soccer n volleyball are filled with nice white sand. Maybe ur son can play there.

Found the picture I took of the jelly fish swimming there :

post-2654-1338454806_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1338454818_thumb.jpg

They are not the only jelly fish I took. There were many more swimming ard there under the water chalet.

Edited by Adrianli

The crabs you caught at the sea can eat meh? They won't stop you from catching the crab?

Is the pasar malam very far from the Legend resort?

You will pass by the Giant supermarket before you reach Legend resort is it? Is there any cuttleries and plates and fridge in the kitchenette? I only saw a microwave oven in the picture.

Prepare 4~5 crab traps from Singapore(beach road), before reaching Port Dickson hotel chalet, stop-by at any Giant/Tessco Hypermarket to buy shark heads/meats(very fishy stinks) to hang inside the crab traps, tie a nylon string in the middle of the trap and throw into the sea-bed about 3 meters apart each other to attract 6 legged/2 pincers crawlers into the traps, every half hour to retrieve these traps back to check catches, there you go with out-water-fresh delicious boiled crabs [thumbsup] delicacy [bounce2]

How much is the crab traps? If not staying at the sea chalet can we catch?

On the second day we decided to venture into PD town to have a look whatz there. Cos I see from my Garmin map there were lots of shopping + eating POI. Its a little further than the dinner places.

There were a few malls in fact, Oceanic Mall, PD Walk and PD Waterfront. But these malls have not much customer when we went in the afternoon. Walked ard Oceanic Mall which has The Store having 50% sales on most items.

For lunch, we had McD!!! I have two RM10 McD voucher coupon and it came to good use. The location of this McD was great, by the sea side and two levels. We sat on upper level in the aircon area instead cos very hot. They have a 50" plasma tv showing ESPN HD, it was screening Nascar Sprint Race while I was there. Look at tv n look at seaview, great way to get those fries down the stomach. This McD also has a Drive Thru.

Pics of the McD place :

Next to McD is a seafood restoran facing the see too. U can in fact see the whole PD coastline :

Here are the google map of PD town n the new place not in the maps yet :

Here is the in-car video of my drive ard PD town :

Wow! What a detailed guide with map! [thumbsup]

The crabs you caught at the sea can eat meh? They won't stop you from catching the crab?

I dont think anyone will stop u from catching or eating the crabs.

Is the pasar malam very far from the Legend resort?

Yes, if walking. No, if driving.

You will pass by the Giant supermarket before you reach Legend resort is it?

Yes

Is there any cuttleries and plates and fridge in the kitchenette? I only saw a microwave oven in the picture.

I cannot remember. I think there are in the cupboard.

Supercharged

PD looks very tempting.. Hmmmm... can go there with family? [rolleyes]

Yes, its tempting! Can go there with or without family! [:p]

Supercharged

HAHA.. but is it like a town there or just resort?

Got both. But the town isn't big, and night time no happenings. So go PD just enjoy the resort will do.....

Got both. But the town isn't big, and night time no happenings. So go PD just enjoy the resort will do.....

Oh well.. then I guess it's a 2D/1N trip... :ph34r:

Supercharged

Oh well.. then I guess it's a 2D/1N trip... :ph34r:

Or you can also take it as a ONS ! [:p]

But seriously, don't go PD just for going (IMO)...cos nothing much there unless you just wanna enjoy the resort. Most people go there as a stopover to Penang/Cameron, or an add-on trip from nearby Malacca.

↡ Advertisement