Do not switch on hazard lights while driving in the rain

Slim

Neutral Newbie

Yeah I think so too thumbsup.gif

It's just an extension of the normal use of signal lamps mah right?

So do you know what the driver in front of you is telling you if he signals left... when you signal right to indicate you want to overtake?

↡ Advertisement

Stick, in Singapore it might not be necessary to drive with hazard lights on during heavy downpour, but on the NS Highway etc, it is useful.

Have been caught many times in heavy downpour on the NSH and trust me, even with all lights on, it can be impossible to see the other cars around u... hazard lights work best in this instance. and when any cars were gonna change lanes, they switched off their hazard lights and on the signal lights.

reason being, with the hazards on oredi, all the cars knew where the others were, and so when any driver changed to a signal light, it's an indication that he wants to change lanes. after changing lanes, hazards are back on.

it might sound ridiculous, but it is useful in preventing accidents. nod.gif

well, look at it this way, if we keep using the signals, maybe 1 of 10 will learn this and start using it loh. Ripple effect. rather than don't use at all and everyone is high beaming and horning away. nod.gif

that's kinda true, actually. kena a few MY road hogs recently (going abt 80-100) and they simply refuse to budge despite having to perform the lightshow and horn orchestra. when finally manage to overtake on the left, they show middle finger. morons.....shakehead.gif

Neutral Newbie
thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthese ppl are pissed i tell you. they are giving us back our own medicine. But generally, the ppl that hogs don'e join clubs and forums. Its those uncle that think that they pay road tax and so they are entitled to own the road when they drive. Shitz..!!!

well, look at it this way, if we keep using the signals, maybe 1 of 10 will learn this and start using it loh. Ripple effect. rather than don't use at all and everyone is high beaming and horning away. nod.gif

u beri optimistic hor? these kayu drivers are usually blind, deaf or indifferent. nothing will ever uproot them from their precious lane.

good lah! shiok drive up! nod.gif

everywhere closed but i did my auntie thing and compared prices of hair shampoo, toothpaste etc etc between Guardian and Watsons M'sia and SGP! must find thrills where i can lah! laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

One day we should organize a trip up to KL leh.. but driving in the city will be havoc.. better to park and carpool. Till now I still get lost once in a while.. but my passengers don't know it laugh.gif But can get around lah.. How about Malaysian GP in March? Anyone interested? sly.gif

yeah, better to park and either carpool or take their MRT. quite a good network! nod.gif

Malaysian GP? when? start a thread lah, if i can go, SURe go one! thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement