Do not switch on hazard lights while driving in the rain

Slim

On the way back last night and was raining heavily at Jurong West area, alot of idiots decided to turn on hazard light and travel at 40 kph on ALL LANE [furious] [furious]

All those flashing hazard light plus rain plus slow speed, damn bloody confusing on the road [furious] [furious]

The HID lights blue lights and white lights just make everything worse.

↡ Advertisement

On the way back last night and was raining heavily at Jurong West area, alot of idiots decided to turn on hazard light and travel at 40 kph on ALL LANE [furious] [furious]

All those flashing hazard light plus rain plus slow speed, damn bloody confusing on the road [furious] [furious]

Forgot to mention it's on the PIE...

Supersonic

I dont know whether it is the common practise here only or it is universal practise on switching hazard light when raining heavily? [:/] I dont think it is a need to switch on hazard light.

I dont know whether it is the common practise here only or it is universal practise on switching hazard light when raining heavily? [:/] I dont think it is a need to switch on hazard light.

Hazard light is only for stopping on the road or emergency braking (activated by car automatically). If car is moving, why use hazard light?

I rather see drivers use front/rear fog lights in heavy downpour than blinking hazard lights.

Turbocharged

not really, i've seen drivers use hazards to warn the guy behind, esp when there's severe ponding where your vehicle may pull to one side due to the sheer amount of water ... i've only ever done it once before, but only when the road conditions are extremely terrible ...

not really, i've seen drivers use hazards to warn the guy behind, esp when there's severe ponding where your vehicle may pull to one side due to the sheer amount of water ... i've only ever done it once before, but only when the road conditions are extremely terrible ...

Thats alright and I've done it a few times, but the thing is moving and hazard light, it's really like Christmas... There are cars all over last night and I don't know how to change lane when a lot of cars are "hazarding" themselves....

Turbocharged

Thats alright and I've done it a few times, but the thing is moving and hazard light, it's really like Christmas... There are cars all over last night and I don't know how to change lane when a lot of cars are "hazarding" themselves....

i get you. like that cant even tell if they wanna change lane also lol... i've only seen lighting up like that once because of the sheer force of the rain. i remember being splashed by one guy and for 1-2sec no visibility ... f--king scary man ... really have to brake slowly at that point and the flashing hazard lights help a little at that junction.

To all drivers that love to turn on hazard light during heavy rain, when ever it rains, please look out for the same model car that you are driving, and see how bright your tail light is since it's the same car, and you will find that you don't need to turn on the hazard light.

And also please take note, if your car come with rear fog lamp, use that instead of hazard light! Saw a Volvo and Epica turning hazard, what a joke man, turn on the rear fog lamp la!

i get you. like that cant even tell if they wanna change lane also lol... i've only seen lighting up like that once because of the sheer force of the rain. i remember being splashed by one guy and for 1-2sec no visibility ... f--king scary man ... really have to brake slowly at that point and the flashing hazard lights help a little at that junction.

To alert is alright to me, actually your car tail light is super bright, u got no worries on this [laugh]

Mine is extremely dim, I find the designer for Prius C tail light abit dumb... I observe thru observing others driving the same car during the night and in the rain.

Turbocharged

To alert is alright to me, actually your car tail light is super bright, u got no worries on this [laugh]

Mine is extremely dim, I find the designer for Prius C tail light abit dumb... I observe thru observing others driving the same car during the night and in the rain.

save electricity for the engine ma! haha..

save electricity for the engine ma! haha..

Maybe lor, sigh... Sometimes I wish it comes with one side rear fog and reverse on the other. BUT I will never turn on hazard no matter what while driving so to the rest please spread the message, we are in SG, not MY NSHW....

Supersonic

Saw a Volvo and Epica turning hazard, what a joke man, turn on the rear fog lamp la!

often see those epica teksi drive around wif their rear fog lights on even during clear nights. blardy koteks. <_<

often see those epica teksi drive around wif their rear fog lights on even during clear nights. blardy koteks. <_<

When need to on, they don't, when don't need to on they do..... Rear fog lamp should be controlled electronically instead of mechanical off. Like the Berlingo that I drove before, the rear fog actually cancel itself once the driver turn off the engine electronically.

Turbocharged

is that common here in SG? never really saw that before. Altho I know it's common practice (and v irritating) in Msia and Indo. Best of all, if it's raining cats and dogs during daylight hours, they switch on their hazard lights instead of main headlights [bigcry] Makes things a bit interesting when trying to change lane and looking in the rear view mirrors to see if there are oncoming cars...

rear foglamps... yeah I notice a lot of cars here in SG switch them on even during clear weather... I think most of these pple do not know/realise they have rear foglamps.

During normal night, on rear fog lamp, during heavy rain on hazard light. All learn from Malaysia, if so worried, just go install rear fog lamp, but turn on only during bad weather.

Used to drive the berlingo, it's quite A good design, every time you turn on the rear fog lamp, it will cancel itself when you off the headlight and have to turn it on again manually, all cars with rear fog lamp should be like this, so annoying. Sorry for off topic.

Rear fog lamps are damn bright and irritating! It is like rear high beaming and can be confused with normal brake lights.

Don't understand why is there a need to install or turn on such lights in singapore?!??

Rear fog lamps are damn bright and irritating! It is like rear high beaming and can be confused with normal brake lights.

Don't understand why is there a need to install or turn on such lights in singapore?!??

Becos' cars are beri expensive, buang liao sim tia ma ^_^

• Praise 1

is that common here in SG? never really saw that before. Altho I know it's common practice (and v irritating) in Msia and Indo. Best of all, if it's raining cats and dogs during daylight hours, they switch on their hazard lights instead of main headlights [bigcry] Makes things a bit interesting when trying to change lane and looking in the rear view mirrors to see if there are oncoming cars...

rear foglamps... yeah I notice a lot of cars here in SG switch them on even during clear weather... I think most of these pple do not know/realise they have rear foglamps.

yes, getting common now. dunno which idiots started it. to me it is dangerous. what's the purpose? already on the lights, still scare others can't see them? like you said, i even encountered one idiot with hazard lights on and tried to switch lane, whotf will know you going to do it.

SG expressways simply have too many entrances and exits, so lane changing is very common and necessary. Switching on hazard lights will not allow one to signal lane change intention properly. This is especially important to motorcycles as they tend to lane-split and ride faster while lane splitting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1