Feeling noticable vibration when car at stop

Z_Dash

Need some advice.......just this month in Mar i've noticed car vibrates when its at stop.

The vibration is stronger than before thus noticing it now.

Car is 2.5yrs old with mileage at 45k. Just changed engine oil (Mobile1 green) a 2 weeks ago but vibration occurrence started before that.

Is there any cause to be worried? Coz it just came this month and past 5mths driving didn't had such (stronger) vibration on any instances.

↡ Advertisement

Hold steering at 12 O'clock position with one hand and see your hand can feel the vibration, if yes, then highly possible is the engine mounting.

Sometime out of engine tuning may leads to vibrations too, best is to allow a good car mechanic to check the cause precisely.

Cheers

maybe its the engine mounting.

Yes, I have changed once on my old Altis. The mounting rubber have actually hardened and cracked. Cost me about 700 bucks to get it replaced.

Nothing to do with aircon?

Could be ? Depend how the air-con compressor bracket mounting onto the engine block and any pulley mis-alignment/jammed.

TS car only 2.5 year old, mounting got problem liao? I find too early lo. [shocked]

Yes, new car but what if lemon mounting part's or mechanic abused the car jack up wrongly thus damaged the mounting set [confused]

Hold steering at 12 O'clock position with one hand and see your hand can feel the vibration, if yes, then highly possible is the engine mounting.

Sometime out of engine tuning may leads to vibrations too, best is to allow a good car mechanic to check the cause precisely.

Cheers

Tried that......didn't feel vibration on the steering wheel.

Mainly felt on my butt (vibration on the seat). Normal chair used.....not special massage chair. :P

Tried that......didn't feel vibration on the steering wheel.

Mainly felt on my butt (vibration on the seat). Normal chair used.....not special massage chair. :P

If vibration on the seat then should not be mounting problem.

Neutral Newbie

yes, happened to my ride too even before reaching to 2 years...throttle body dirty, went for a servicing/cleanup by my workshop, settled.

Need some advice.......just this month in Mar i've noticed car vibrates when its at stop.

The vibration is stronger than before thus noticing it now.

Car is 2.5yrs old with mileage at 45k. Just changed engine oil (Mobile1 green) a 2 weeks ago but vibration occurrence started before that.

Is there any cause to be worried? Coz it just came this month and past 5mths driving didn't had such (stronger) vibration on any instances.

If you are certain that the vibrations is not at your steering wheel, please open up your bonnet to check the whole engine for wobbling at idle revolutions.

Only a skillful car mechanic is able to narrow down to the exact problem by checking from the fundamental that badly affecting the engine fuel combustion processes, namely from fuel supply (fuel pump, fuel injectors) to air & fuel mixture (air-filter, lean fuel or air) to sparks (spark plug, spark plug cable & distributor, sparks timing) in the engine combustion chamber with fine tuning progresses.

I hope that it is just your spark plugs or air-filter found causing the vibrating problems, it is the cheapest in part cost and labour charges of all in abovementioned.

Cheers

Edited by Fongmy

hi bro,

jus to share

honda fit/jazz all along known to me as very good bnb car

but seems like its engine mountings are quite weak hor

my fren jus bought a 5yr old gd1, also vibrating till my leg on floor board also numb.

cfm by 3 workshops its engine mounting but told the owner if budget tight, change them when he cant tahan.

not saying gd/ge no good, but true i got 2 other makes, both >5yrs also nv encounter vibration due to engine mounting

jus imho

hi bro,

jus to share

honda fit/jazz all along known to me as very good bnb car

but seems like its engine mountings are quite weak hor

my fren jus bought a 5yr old gd1, also vibrating till my leg on floor board also numb.

cfm by 3 workshops its engine mounting but told the owner if budget tight, change them when he cant tahan.

not saying gd/ge no good, but true i got 2 other makes, both >5yrs also nv encounter vibration due to engine mounting

jus imho

engine mouting cant play play one... wait till one day mounting giv way while driving and engine falls off... little parts all broke off and come out... dan the 5yrs old one become 0 day left liao... sure send to scrapyard le... haha

↡ Advertisement