Iridium Laser spark plugs

Eko6

Has anyone tried Iridium Laser? It is better?

ARe you referring to the ngk iridium laser plugs?

They are the same as Iridium IX plugs except for the additional platinum disc welded on the ground electrode. Hence they last longer than Irdium IX.

AFAIK, Iridium MAX is also the same. There is additional platinum disc.

Worth it or not depends on the price. Iridium IX can easily easily 80-100K.

bro u know est cost to change this ngk plugs?

cos i jus got a used subaru, heard very tedious to change so tot of using long life plugs

last x driving lancer all along using normal $3 plug serving me quite well for 6yrs

hahha

tks

They are the same as Iridium IX plugs except for the additional platinum disc welded on the ground electrode. Hence they last longer than Irdium IX.

If Iridium IX can go 100K, how about Laser one? BTW, Laser one is cheaper, about $70 per set.

bro u know est cost to change this ngk plugs?

cos i jus got a used subaru, heard very tedious to change so tot of using long life plugs

last x driving lancer all along using normal $3 plug serving me quite well for 6yrs

hahha

tks

What yr and model is your Subaru? NGK IX can last you 60k km for $50, good for 3yr worth of driving.

Mine a my06 wagon bro

$50 for whole set of plugs?

May I know where can I change them?

Tks bro

Subaru Impreza 1.6 GD5? if it is then NGK iridium IX BKR6EIX-11 would be the correct part no.

Edited by Trex101

Oh I jud got this Subaru, Duno the code is it gd5 lol

I tot in Subaru, they call it my05, my 08 etc

Mine a hawkeye

K tks bro for the part num for plugs

So any ws u recommend?

Preferably eastern or amk area

I assume the part num is for long life like wat u mentioned ard 3 yrs

Hahaha

When using life long plugs, it is good to get the workshop to check each of their conditions after a certain mileage to make sure they can still be used until the stipulated interval.

Mine a my06 wagon bro

$50 for whole set of plugs?

May I know where can I change them?

Tks bro

...m x t r a d i n g s...

Btw they are super long lasting. All you need is to regap them once in a while

When using life long plugs, it is good to get the workshop to check each of their conditions after a certain mileage to make sure they can still be used until the stipulated interval.

Yep, I think my AD did not check just because its Denso Iridium. When I went to an outside shop to service at 60k, the mechanic show me the plugs weren't so pretty looking anymore at 60k.

He thinks my AD did not check at all. Not all iridum plugs lasts 80-100k...at least mine don't.

Someone mentioned just use basic plugs and just change every 10k. I think this is good advice

just a thought, iridium spark plugs which claimed to last really long. lasting long really good?

why not get copper spark plugs which cost much cheaper and yet can change to a whole new set whenever you like?

just a thought, iridium spark plugs which claimed to last really long. lasting long really good?

why not get copper spark plugs which cost much cheaper and yet can change to a whole new set whenever you like?

Long life is not the only advantage of iridium plugs,

- High Ignitability is only achieved by utilising an exposed fine tip centre electrode allowing superior flame growth. The finer point means that once a spark forms, the flame kernel does not have a large mass of centre electrode(2.5mm for copper and 0.6mm for NGK Iridium IX) that reduces absorption of heat and the flame shadow impeding the flame progress. This equates to a more complete burn.

- The fine electrode and tapered cut ground electrode increase the electric field strength at the gap, reducing the voltage required for sparking to begin. Improved cold starting and a quicker response during acceleration is achieved. The diagram on the right displays the the greater the gap between electrodes, the higher the required voltage. The Iridium plug, with a centre electrode diametre of just 0.6mm, substantially reduces the required voltage compared to a standard plug.

ignitability.jpg

voltage.jpg

Copper electrode easily last 50k km [laugh]

↡ Advertisement