Good teochew porridge reasonably priced

Hermit

Hypersonic

I got 2 recommendations. Both in hawker centre.

One is too payoh lor 8 market. V old school type. Been there for decades. Not expensive with wide range

Second one is boon lay hawker centre. Level 2, I think. Old school type also.

That one that is in the middle of 2nd row and have very nice loh bah and big intestine? And some others steam fish?

↡ Advertisement

I go to the AMK store regularly and it's reasonably priced if you order by individual portion (even with fish). It's when you share dishes that gives them the opportunity to "chop" you.

Shared your sentiment. In fact i just had it for supper just now, $6.50 all in, not expensive at all.

post-20735-0-12731400-1495906729_thumb.jpg

• Praise 14

(edited)

Try the one at Blk 407 AMK Ave 10 Coffeeshop. Me & wifey like to eat there as prices are resonable and taste is good IMO. We tend to order for 1-person (small) portion for the dishes this can order more varieties.

It also open till late nite say about 1-2am.. can be crowded during dinner time.

The other place is at B/527 AMK Ave 5 Hawker..can't rem the stall no. It's located at the corrinder, and occupies 2 stalls and nearer to the carpark. This place sells nice steam fish. Due to the fast turnover, the fishes are fresh also. Price are also reasonable.

Edited by Sadan
  • Praise 7

Twincharged

Shared your sentiment. In fact i just had it for supper just now, $6.50 all in, not expensive at all.

those 4 jokers were DRUNK .... maybe they hallucinated $28 into $280 instead ...

Hypersonic

wtf 28 dollars for 4 pax. go do this?

Shen jing bing.

That's only slightly more than the cost of a bottle of Tiger!  [confused]  [crazy]

those 4 jokers were DRUNK .... maybe they hallucinated $28 into $280 instead ...

These are not drunkies. Their action is intentional to disrupt business. These are some of the many tactics employed by gang. Perhaps their boss has antagonised that 'someone'. Imagine, those fellows disrupt the business for a few times every month? Of course, who are those so call 'drunkies'? They are likely hardcore prison regularly. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

These are not drunkies. Their action is intentional to disrupt business. These are some of the many tactics employed by gang. Perhaps their boss has antagonised that 'someone'. Imagine, those fellows disrupt the business for a few times every month? Of course, who are those so call 'drunkies'? They are likely hardcore prison regularly. 

well i hope the boss has CCTV so that the police can investigate.

Edited by Lala81

Twincharged

actually i also dunno if they really drunk or not ... its the news report that said so.

actually i also dunno if they really drunk or not ... its the news report that said so.

Haha, just saw cctv video on straits times. Think they drunk as one of the guy fell ob the ground when no one pushed him.

• Praise 5

Supersonic

Where I used to live, during the 70s, a coffeeshop have porridge.

They were for poor man's food like coolies, etc.

Nowadays, people are overcharging for these cheap food.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I've ate at that shop in question once and that was the first and only time I would have patronized that establishment. Cut-throat prices and sub-standard food - questioned the fellow who calculated the prices for my group and the figure dropped by almost 30% after re-checking with the boss.

That $28 figure was probably provided by the shop owner when interviewed - a far more inflated figure was what probably triggered the backlash from the 4 drunkards.

Edited by Lightbringer
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

I've ate at that shop in question once and that was the first and only time I would have patronized that establishment. Cut-throat prices and sub-standard food - questioned the fellow who calculated the prices for my group and the figure dropped by almost 30% after re-checking with the boss.

That $28 figure was probably provided by the shop owner when interviewed - a far more inflated figure was what probably triggered the outlast from the 4 drunkards.

Wah..... if thats true, then orbi goot for them.

Burn down the shop and I also won't feel sorry for them.

Wah..... if thats true, then orbi goot for them.

Burn down the shop and I also won't feel sorry for them.

I always question the prices at caipeng and teocheow muay shops whenever I feel they are unreasonable. If I'm not satisfied with the breakdown of prices or it appears to be randomly quoted, I have no qualms walking away regardless of whatever they yell at me. They can take their overpriced crap and shove it up their arseholes...

Twincharged
(edited)

That $28 figure was probably provided by the shop owner when interviewed - a far more inflated figure was what probably triggered the outlast from the 4 drunkards.

not only this shop lah ....generally all these mix veg rice stalls are liddat.

once the crowd comes and the orders get more and messy - so does the prices - oh ... the server also plays a part; diff server diff price also.

i once had same items for two days straight but surprisingly i was charged different prices for both days at a food stall.

things usually gets messy when you order many dishes ...and the server will get to test his/her mental mathematics.

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement