Electricity costs increase

Tigershark1976

In Sinkie-land where we have no natural resources, so the establishment need to creatively juice your $$$:

- Govt invites MNC to open offices here (Inflow of $$$)

- MNC pay FT/SG workers salary ($$$ transfer to workers)

- Govt tax workers, MNC and collect CPF (Mandatory $$$ to govt)

- Workers needs food, electricity, medical services (Workers pay $$$ to TH-linked companies)

- TH-linked companies pay $$$ to MOF

Without true open-market competition (just like Starhub, M1, Singtel's case), we sinkies can only LL and pay-and-pay.. At least, FTs buy a piece of land in India/China/Philippines and shake leg to retire. [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Maybe take the hot water from our radiator after we drive home? The hot water can be recycled for shower, etc, don't waste it! :D

In fact on the way home, can recycle the heat fron the engine to cook rice? W

check out what this angmo did.

http://www.kidsfromkanata.ca/files/solarshwr.html

all he did is to run a water hose up his roof. free heated water! of course problem is storage. but it can take h.at off the roof and the heated water can be channled to washing machine. fresh clean clothes!

I am happy for sporean. When i stay in sg with two aircon, my bill was $500 a mth. Now i stay in jb with 8 aircon, my bill is only $8 per month. And in jb, below 20 no need pay bills

Thank u umno.

DUN FORGET WE ARE IN PAY AND PAY COUNTRY...

WHATEVER WAYS THEY SAY, WE ARE STILL AT LOSING ENDS... [:(][:(][:(]

PLS DO YOUR PART AT THE NEXT GE... THANKS

Its really a sad story for us here. No matter how much we try to find ways to save electricity, the suppliers increase their prices. Back to square one.

Just do not think of saving energy as a form of saving, but rather conserve energy. But I know energy conservation is not a common word on Singaporeans conversations.

DUN FORGET WE ARE IN PAY AND PAY COUNTRY...

WHATEVER WAYS THEY SAY, WE ARE STILL AT LOSING ENDS... [:(][:(][:(]

PLS DO YOUR PART AT THE NEXT GE... THANKS

Caps lock spoiled? [laugh]

On serious note, I did my part for the GE. I even do my part to make the road less crowded, & Singapore as well. But I am sure someone will come in & take my place...

Whatever happens to the fact that over 70% of the electricity generated locally is done using CNG? And the fact that the utility provider entered a long term pricing contract (duh!) with the natural gas provider to hedge against price increases? All moot points i guess.

I feel that basic requirements such as energy and water should be subject to free market economics. How the hell can they increase prices with just one sweeping statement that crude prices have increased?

A small percentage increase in energy price may mean nothing for some of us but it means alot for the low income group <_<

Because they can. Singaporeans are Ho jiat (good to eat)

Hypersonic

Whatever happens to the fact that over 70% of the electricity generated locally is done using CNG? And the fact that the utility provider entered a long term pricing contract (duh!) with the natural gas provider to hedge against price increases? All moot points i guess.

You forgot all their directors and high managements drive to work. Petrol price increase directly affects their bottomline. <_<

(edited)

When crude price rise, electricity follows! But everytime crude price falls, nothing happens!!! :angry:

either that or up x% and when it does drop its (x-y)%

Edited by Mllcg

You forgot all their directors and high managements drive to work. Petrol price increase directly affects their bottomline. <_<

thanks for reminding. they probably own thousands of rides, each on sporting a V2000 engine.

they put on a belly small column on the news paper saying that the contract they sign off CNG gas price tie up with fuel price, this can help to put a full stop for us to keep quiet

And that's the point which they did not highlight when they increase the tariffs. It would be interesting to know what's T&Cs on the CNG pricing that they negtiated with Indonesia .

Twincharged

wah, very siong.

cost of living really increasing very fast.

last time, my bill usually under $200 per mth.

currently, it's $250 to $270

maybe in the very near future it will be $300.

sigh......

my family has been $3xx for abt 2 yrs liow!!

my family has been $3xx for abt 2 yrs liow!!

you guys stay in big houses?? :huh:

mine house of 6 dun even exceed $200, though used to be below $120 [:(]

How come so expensive? landed? a/c comes with 4x compressors? running server 24/7? [idea]

my house $350+..

↡ Advertisement