Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:06 PM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:34 PM
But hor, i thou those are hokkien and not singlish?
Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 PM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:52 PM
Most Singaporeans are misconcepted about what singlish really is.
So what really is singlish? Just using Hokkien, Malay, or Indian words within an English sentence structure, is not singlish to me.
Thus using only words like kiasu, Bo chap, alamak, LLST, LPPL etc. is not it.
Singlish is using the Chinese or Malay sentence structure, in English, and which could be interspersed with Hokkien, Malay, or even Tamil words.
Some classic examples I can think of:
- why you liddat one? You cannot liddat one lah.
- Eh, you got do homework or not?
- how you come to school? I sit bus to school.
- come, come, gostan somemore ... Can one, don't scared
- when you come home, you must on all the lights hor
- yanda deh! Why you act so terror one?
- you want to be hero issit? Face like Roger Moore pantat!
- you got take MRT before?
- wah the tau huay at Geylang damn shiok sia! Pass by already buay tahan, must eat one!
- you damn one kind lah, die die also must smoke one!
- buttoh lah you! Your grandfather own the road issit?
- referee kayu! Balik kampong lah
- KNN, don't anyhow say one ok!
Edited by W210k, 04 April 2012 - 09:54 PM.
IL-6 DOHC 24v 192 BHP x-Drive
Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:59 PM
Also tagged with these keywords: Jiajia , Collection , Singlish , Lessons , Youtube
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users