Search
Galaxy Note battery drains fast

• Search this thread
42 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got this error message, "Battery Losing Charge too Fast" for my Galaxy Note. Though I disable email auto sync, it didn't help. I've also uninstall all the games, it didn't help too.

I've set the battery to power save mode.

Please help.

Edited by Billcoke, 05 April 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Malware. What did you install recently, and from where ?

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 05 April 2012 - 12:40 PM.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

U post twice sure run out la...hahaha

Other thread deleted

'Do Unto Others, BEFORE they do unto you'

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

5th Gear

What app you install to get the radio switches in the top roll of your notification panel?
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
~ Randy Pausch (1960-2008), The Last Lecture.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

En0203
  • En0203
    NOS-ed

check settings battery or download betterbatterystats app to see what is draining ur batt

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear

Malware. What did you install recently, and from where ?

I also thought could be a Malware, but installed Avast antivirus, all the files are clean.

Only download the apps from Google Play, recently installed the following apps
https://play.google.com/store?hl=en

- Installed many apps from "Go....." eg: Go Tashmgr, Go Launcher etc. but have uninstalled all except Go Keyboard and Go Emoji
- Installed Battery Indicator, have uninstalled that too.
- Installed  Diskusage
- Installed Pdanet
- Installed Bump
- Installed Shazam
- Installed Photoshop express
- Also setup Wifi for Wireless

Edited by Billcoke, 05 April 2012 - 01:10 PM.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

En0203
  • En0203
    NOS-ed

What app you install to get the radio switches in the top roll of your notification panel?

those are Samsung default. with custom rom u can even increase those toggles up to 14 number. u can add in quick panel to launch apps too in custom rom

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear

Thought this is the default feature? no??

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

5th Gear

Me not having this phone, so wondering if can get app that can do the same...
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
~ Randy Pausch (1960-2008), The Last Lecture.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    6th Gear

If you click "Download", where does it take you to and what does it try to install ?

I also thought could be a Malware, but installed Avast antivirus, all the files are clean.

Only download the apps from Google Play, recently installed the following apps
https://play.google.com/store?hl=en

- Installed many apps from "Go....." eg: Go Tashmgr, Go Launcher etc. but have uninstalled all except Go Keyboard and Go Emoji
- Installed Battery Indicator, have uninstalled that too.
- Installed  Diskusage
- Installed Pdanet
- Installed Bump
- Installed Shazam
- Installed Photoshop express
- Also setup Wifi for Wireless

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed

It is a fact that when you install certain apps, the developers of such app(s) bundle addons which are non-critical to the operation of the app itself. Such addons include advertising (Google Ads is legal), Analytics, Developer Tools, Licensing, Social Gaming as well as Push Notification.

The message that you are receiving in your notification bar falls under Push Notification and perhaps Analytics.

1.) You need to narrow down which app is the culprit that bundles this addon. I personally use the app Addons Detector to sniff all my apps.

2.) Okay now you have found it, now what? Delete it. There is no other recourse unless you are capable of disabling the addon ph34r.gif sly.gif Anyway, a rogue app such as this should be avoided. Just delete it.

3.) Add a 1 star review on Google Play to whack the developer. furious.gif furious.gif
you thought i was talking about you? BAZINGA PUNK!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Spidey10
  • Spidey10
    3rd Gear

guys, i just got myself a S.Note and it sometimes black out and i am unable switch on by pressing the button. To on it again, i have to remove the battery and put it back, then it's ok.
This hv been happening since new....in a day, I need to do this twice or three times...is there something wrong here? planning to take it to the service ctr to check but want feedback from users if anyone out there have the same problem angry.gif

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Extinguisher
  • Extinguisher
    3rd Gear

i think that is a bogey message to get u to download that app, just like some advert. Dun think your battery is really losing charge right? i get advert on my galaxy s2 notification bar too from time to time.

Go install Airpush Detector and find the offending apps sending these apps.

Edited by Extinguisher, 05 April 2012 - 02:49 PM.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed

guys, i just got myself a S.Note and it sometimes black out and i am unable switch on by pressing the button. To on it again, i have to remove the battery and put it back, then it's ok.
This hv been happening since new....in a day, I need to do this twice or three times...is there something wrong here? planning to take it to the service ctr to check but want feedback from users if anyone out there have the same problem angry.gif

did you install a custom ROM/overclock/undervolt prior to this?

This is a new set right?

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Extinguisher
  • Extinguisher
    3rd Gear

Go install Airpush Detector and find the
offending apps sending these adverts to your phone.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

Got this error message, "Battery Losing Charge too Fast" for my Galaxy Note. Though I disable email auto sync, it didn't help. I've also uninstall all the games, it didn't help too.

I've set the battery to power save mode.

Please help.

my friend claims his note can last 2 days without charge even if playing game extensively....

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear

Those buggers, really pain in the bum. furious.gif furious.gif

It is a fact that when you install certain apps, the developers of such app(s) bundle addons which are non-critical to the operation of the app itself. Such addons include advertising (Google Ads is legal), Analytics, Developer Tools, Licensing, Social Gaming as well as Push Notification.

The message that you are receiving in your notification bar falls under Push Notification and perhaps Analytics.

1.) You need to narrow down which app is the culprit that bundles this addon. I personally use the app Addons Detector to sniff all my apps.

2.) Okay now you have found it, now what? Delete it. There is no other recourse unless you are capable of disabling the addon ph34r.gif sly.gif Anyway, a rogue app such as this should be avoided. Just delete it.

3.) Add a 1 star review on Google Play to whack the developer. furious.gif furious.gif

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear

Go install Airpush Detector and find the
offending apps sending these adverts to your phone.

Thanks, will do and get rid of these apps.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear

BTW, any needs to install anti virus software? coz they constantly do background scan and drain battery fast, so I wonder is there a need for Anti Virus.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed

BTW, any needs to install anti virus software? coz they constantly do background scan and drain battery fast, so I wonder is there a need for Anti Virus.

so far no need la. at least i dont. for the moment. when more and more viruses, malware, worms and trojans emerge to target android os then perhaps you should.

which is why i dont welcome Google Wallet. it as good as attracting hackers' attention.

for now however, i feel that anti virus apps are battery guzzlers and resource hogs particularly those that offer all in one solutions e.g. locate your phone in event of theft. tried before. ram usage can hit 70MB. knife.gif

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Others Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users