Galaxy Note battery drains fast?

Billcoke

Supercharged

did you install a custom ROM/overclock/undervolt prior to this?

This is a new set right?

Not that I recall..and yes, this is a new set!

↡ Advertisement

ok i am going back to iphone [laugh][laugh]

so far no need la. at least i dont. for the moment. when more and more viruses, malware, worms and trojans emerge to target android os then perhaps you should.

which is why i dont welcome Google Wallet. it as good as attracting hackers' attention.

for now however, i feel that anti virus apps are battery guzzlers and resource hogs particularly those that offer all in one solutions e.g. locate your phone in event of theft. tried before. ram usage can hit 70MB. [knife]

so far no need la. at least i dont. for the moment. when more and more viruses, malware, worms and trojans emerge to target android os then perhaps you should.

which is why i dont welcome Google Wallet. it as good as attracting hackers' attention.

for now however, i feel that anti virus apps are battery guzzlers and resource hogs particularly those that offer all in one solutions e.g. locate your phone in event of theft. tried before. ram usage can hit 70MB. [knife]

ok, will also give AV a miss then.

Yeah, Google Wallet will be like a honey pot for hackers, which I'm not very keen at moment.

iPhone is not immune. Google Play! and Google Wallet basically follow Apple App Store model, everything pay through Apple. You lost your Apple password, you basically give away everything. You just entrust Apple with everything and hope they do a good job preventing malware from going into App Store. But your password can also be lost through your PC, or through webpage social engineering. Nothing new here. Apple is one big advocate of false sense of security.

iOS used to have a big vulnerability which was pointed out by one developer. essentially, there was a loophole in the software layer within Safari which can be exploited as sandboxing wasn't employed yet.

however, this has already been patched.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I have the same problem as you. I'm able to off my note by holding on to the off button for a while. You can try that the next time so you don't need to keep taking out your battery.

The black out happens to me a few times a day too. People calling me can still hear the phone ringing, meaning the phone is not off but I do not get anything on my end.

Anyone knows how I can solve this issue?

Hi I have the same problem as you. I'm able to off my note by holding on to the off button for a while. You can try that the next time so you don't need to keep taking out your battery.

The black out happens to me a few times a day too. People calling me can still hear the phone ringing, meaning the phone is not off but I do not get anything on my end.

oh i just recalled my old phone the galaxy ace has the same issue i.e. sleep of death. try upgrading the firmware?

Supercharged

oh i just recalled my old phone the galaxy ace has the same issue i.e. sleep of death. try upgrading the firmware?

How to upgrade the firmware bro?

I hv the same problem, there is sound but the screen is black...can't do anything...

Supercharged

Yes, that's the issue -total blackout!!!

Anyone knows how to fix this? I m planning to go down to the service ctr tomorrow

How to upgrade the firmware bro?

I hv the same problem, there is sound but the screen is black...can't do anything...

you can either try to visit the svc centre and get them to upgrade for you (but you need to backup data first) or you can try to download KIES to download the official firmware and subsequently upgrade your phone's FW for you. (which in any case, you should backup first too)

Neutral Newbie

Me not having this phone, so wondering if can get app that can do the same...

Found my own answer, notification toggle does the trick pretty well.

It is a fact that when you install certain apps, the developers of such app(s) bundle addons which are non-critical to the operation of the app itself. Such addons include advertising (Google Ads is legal), Analytics, Developer Tools, Licensing, Social Gaming as well as Push Notification.

The message that you are receiving in your notification bar falls under Push Notification and perhaps Analytics.

1.) You need to narrow down which app is the culprit that bundles this addon. I personally use the app Addons Detector to sniff all my apps.

2.) Okay now you have found it, now what? Delete it. There is no other recourse unless you are capable of disabling the addon :ph34r:[sly] Anyway, a rogue app such as this should be avoided. Just delete it.

3.) Add a 1 star review on Google Play to whack the developer. [furious] [furious]

My "Battery drain error message" mysteriously disappeared after scanning the files with Addons Detector. Think I just I leave it there then.

Supercharged

you can either try to visit the svc centre and get them to upgrade for you (but you need to backup data first) or you can try to download KIES to download the official firmware and subsequently upgrade your phone's FW for you. (which in any case, you should backup first too)

Thanks bro, will try it out

(edited)

My "Battery drain error message" mysteriously disappeared after scanning the files with Addons Detector. Think I just I leave it there then.

that doesn't mean it wont appear ever again. like i mentioned, it is a push notification for what it seemed to be a very aggressive push for advertising. this is wrong because it manifests itself under the guise of a system notification which fools people. these kind of wtf apps which bundles such rubbish adware should be kicked in the butt.

look for specifically, push notification under addons detector and inspect the list.

just terminate. i mean terminate with extreme prejudice.

[pirate]

Edited by Happily1986

(edited)

Malware. What did you install recently, and from where ?

i also think there is a Malware, which came in when you downloaded an app.

delete bits by bits, monitor and see if this can help? <-- i mean the apps.

btw, OOT. from my usage, galaxy note battery life is much better than iPhone.

still not enough? buy extra original battery about $50-$60 lo. :D

Edited by Ladykillerz

i also think there is a Malware, which came in when you downloaded an app.

delete bits by bits, monitor and see if this can help? <-- i mean the apps.

btw, OOT. from my usage, galaxy note battery life is much better than iPhone.

still not enough? buy extra original battery about $50-$60 lo. :D

what is the difference in battery capacities? fair comparison anot?

what is the difference in battery capacities? fair comparison anot?

yah lah not fair to compare. but users where got care about that one.

can last longer means OK! [laugh]

that doesn't mean it wont appear ever again. like i mentioned, it is a push notification for what it seemed to be a very aggressive push for advertising. this is wrong because it manifests itself under the guise of a system notification which fools people. these kind of wtf apps which bundles such rubbish adware should be kicked in the butt.

look for specifically, push notification under addons detector and inspect the list.

just terminate. i mean terminate with extreme prejudice.

[pirate]

Thanks. I suspect it could be one of those games s/w, I've deleted all, so far no more error messages.

For my case, after scanning with Addons Dector, the push notification was empty, but as for analytics, there is a long list of apps, how do you tell which one is the potential culprit?

↡ Advertisement