Where to buy bluetooth OBD II adaptor

Sei_fei_loh

I dunno about this. I look at the app I wanna use before I see what hardware is suited for it. The more popular app is Torque Pro.

obdtoolstore.com recommended me the honda/acura pro obd which is usd 129.

Plus shipping is about usd 160...

just to check the error code for engine check light (permanently on, not flashing) is it worth to spend over usd 100? :(

ebay. $42

thanks!

Edited by Cephas
↡ Advertisement

obdtoolstore.com recommended me the honda/acura pro obd which is usd 129.

Plus shipping is about usd 160...

just to check the error code for engine check light (permanently on, not flashing) is it worth to spend over usd 100? :(

Just to check what is the error code? Just go to a workshop to do it and solve the CEL issue. LoL...

Anyway you got to decipher the error code as well to understand what the code means. Leave it to the professionals. You dun need to buy all these adaptors.

Just to check what is the error code? Just go to a workshop to do it and solve the CEL issue. LoL...

Anyway you got to decipher the error code as well to understand what the code means. Leave it to the professionals. You dun need to buy all these adaptors.

1 diagnostic check cost S$35. I have not go to the ws yet...hence duno what is the error code now.

General obd error codes can be googled...

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Edited by Cephas

Interesting.. Bluetooth OBD and diagnose car fault in hp. Good investment for those who DIY.

yes, you get what you paid

I have two basic (cheap) scanners (one wired and one wireless) but I find they are not that useful because OBDII fault codes that these scanners able to display are quite basic

I also have a car specific diagnostic scanner that can tell more

recently my car says 'ABS, ESP, Cruise Control Inoperative' on the dash

the cheapo bluetooth OBDII tools scanned nothing, no fault code but the third scanner show 'faulty wheel sensor' and even pointed out the exact wheel that has the faulty wheel sensor

I bought a new sensor, spent half an hour in the car park, chop chop gao tim

sqgxer.jpg

n5j1tt.jpg

Edited by Phang

Neutral Newbie

You can buy OBD scanners on all kinds of online stores like Amazon, AliExpress or eBay. If you need full-system diagnosis, you can try Launch products.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Any sources to buy the a/m over the counter and roughly the price?

Pls advice.

I will prefer an Autel Scanner any time of the day. Though Veepeak OBD2 scanners would is equally good as it help in detection of VIN number of the vehicle too. You can use to pick out the trouble code and the information will pass on to on-board computer. While the AUTEL has its one click I/M readiness key and on its click all the information will be available. You can read their detailed OBD2 review here: https://carhq.org/best-scanners-cars/

↡ Advertisement