Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

few weeks back I witness the Singapore side are replacing the old flattened road humps with new ones. Meaning today you should be driving through some really tough solid sharper humps. Good luck

Yes Malaysian best not to go. Not just driving in, in fact taking bus into JB or fly into Malaysia also dangerous.

The people there are crazy A**h*les ! 

Last month my car got broken into at Pasir Gudang.

Despite the unfortunate event, I went to report to local police, after making a statement, the officer says the report wont be printed out at their station. I have to drive to Masai Station to get my statement printed.

PG to Masai, East to West, with a missing window, risking some rain fall expected from the cloudy skies, it is totally stupid. 

I had to for-go the report and return home to Singapore without the report.

Tell me, which country has this kind of unhelpful government services ? Only in Malaysia.

In Singapore, our police station will render help to quickly help all victims. Not in Malaysia.

Hey, blame it on the one who put a gun on your head to force you drive into Bolehland.

Or did you go in willingly hoping to save a few dollar?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 2

few weeks back I witness the Singapore side are replacing the old flattened road humps with new ones. Meaning today you should be driving through some really tough solid sharper humps. Good luck

Yes Malaysian best not to go. Not just driving in, in fact taking bus into JB or fly into Malaysia also dangerous.

Despite the unfortunate event, I went to report to local police, after making a statement, the officer says the report wont be printed out at their station. I have to drive to Masai Station to get my statement printed.

PG to Masai, East to West, with a missing window, risking some rain fall expected from the cloudy skies, it is totally stupid.

Tell me, which country has this kind of unhelpful government services ? Only in Malaysia.

In Singapore, our police station will render help to quickly help all victims. Not in Malaysia.

I dont know.....i have never been to South America, eastern europe or Philippines before.....
  • Praise 1

Hey, blame it on the one who put a gun on your head to force you drive into Bolehland.

Or did you go in willingly hoping to save a few dollar?

Lucky you, you have no reasons whatsoever to travel to Malaysia. Good for you. Please keep it that way, less traffic jam for those of us with the occasional needs to visit Bolehland. And please don't assume you know why I have to go north once in a while.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

well said. there are 1 million and 1 reason to go msia whether to visit own family (PR), extended family (in-law), bring kids out for road trip or go JB pump petrol and cheap massage [laugh]

to each his own ... if one need to go msia ... so be it [thumbsup]

Lucky you, you have no reasons whatsoever to travel to Malaysia. Good for you. Please keep it that way, less traffic jam for those of us with the occasional needs to visit Bolehland. And please don't assume you know why I have to go north once in a while.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Just wanna say a few things regarding crime in jb. My two cents based on personal experience and observation.

1) we think Malaysia is a bigger Singapore. Safe and the same. Sometimes we become complacent and park our car in a far away corner from our eyes and think it is safe.

We then leave our valuables in open view. You might say we keep our bags in the boot but what about GPS? Car camera? Cash card? I have heard that the cash card cover for the iu is actually counter productive because it ACTUALLY signals that there IS A cash card there which is hidden.

2) we lack situational awareness. I was walking in jb at night when I noticed someone walking past me and then turning around and walking in my direction. I stopped at an Indian movie theatre to pretend to look at the movies there but I was looking at that guy. He stopped also. I carried on walking and he followed. I stopped at some cars parked by roadside and peered in through the windows but I was looking at the reflection to see if he stopped. He stipped. I whirled around and gave him a big smile holding my back pocket. He smiled back and walk away.

Location is opposite jb city square near the bazaar. Not sure if this was shared here.

My point is how many of us notice if someone nearby is moving is a suspicious manner? Maybe I was lucky but I do have this habit of looking around to see if anyone might be following.

3) lastly if the worst happens don't panic. You are alive and well. Your stolen items can be replaced. Your car is insured. You are not in a faraway land but in a neighbouring country. Meaning if you lost everything in a village in Nepal then yea maybe it's time to panic (joking only ah) but not in Malaysia. Make a police report and get back to Singapore by any means possible.

4) and while it might be frustrating think of it as stories to tell your kids MCFers or even friends years down the road when all is over. I know this cos I also felt frustrated when my money was stolen in Amsterdam by a fellow backpacker in 2004 now is just some stories to share to whoever will listen.

• Praise 6

Supersonic
(edited)

whether it's malaysia, jakarta, bangkok, manila, hanoi, beijing, etc

one has to be street smart to protect ownself and family

that's why sporeans need to go out more often

there was a saying once sporean step out of spore ... survival skill is questionable

sporean need to learn how to survive from ah gong protected zone

not simply chope table with tissue and argue with old man

seriously, i rate msia petty crime (not the gangster type shoot and kill) is chicken feet compare to europe

if you travel europe frequently especially free and easy not go up/down tour bus

try to go out at night and see the "dark side" [sly]

even day time ... in italy and spain ... pick pocket and scam is "normal" even at crowded tourist place

when i was in LA ... i went out at night to get fast food ... not very late ... about 8pm-ish

i walk into a fast food burger and i see "steel bar all the way covering/protecting the counter" ...

i was stunned and don't know what to do ... brain freeze for a second

the counter asked me for order i was thinking to run out because i don't want to stay any minute longer

then another guy walked in and i walked out calmly ... phew!

then get cup noodles from 7-11 and makan at hotel

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Yeah I think we should not take things for granted. I remembered when my car was broken into at Genting Highlands 2 years ago (window smashed) I panicked at the very first sight of it. I went to the Police Station and was surprised they told me to wait as they do not know how to write the report in English. So what I did was I told them I would write it myself and since its for record purpose (cause I know nothing will come out of it), they allowed me. I just want to get over and done with. Sometimes we just have to be flexible and embrace their culture.

In the grand scheme of things it seems small to the people in that country. Priorities are different to that extend.

But I agree, most of the Singaporeans especially the younger generations might not have the necessary survival skills needed if one day Singapore is to fall.

• Praise 2

my very first car break in experience not in Malaysia or any neighbouring country. it was 1991 in Gold coast <_<

• Praise 1

3 hrs of life wasted in jam, burnt petrol, all these cannot beat the feeling of paying half price for seafood, grocery, massage, shopping

It's in our DNA already

any many of us still doing it weekly [hur]

Mine was in SG, steal $20 cash card.

oh i also kena once in 1995 at Hyatt hotel for a conference, my bag was stolen with passport inside. Lucky they dun want the passport and throw the empty bag and the passport at far east plaza. The security there found it and call the hotel cos I guess I am not the only car kena.

struck in the Malaysia side of 2nd link at 5am on the way back to Singapore ( Monday morning ) First time travel at this time and kena horrible jam

5am to 7am. No joke. Singapore side jam 30 minute

struck in the Malaysia side of 2nd link at 5am on the way back to Singapore ( Monday morning ) First time travel at this time and kena horrible jam

5am to 7am. No joke. Singapore side jam 30 minute

morning workers rush in? May day doesn't mean no work [laugh]

Supersonic

yup. a lot still working today.

otherwise, spore will be standstill

morning workers rush in? May day doesn't mean no work [laugh]

Supersonic

Just wanna say a few things regarding crime in jb. My two cents based on personal experience and observation.

1) we think Malaysia is a bigger Singapore. Safe and the same. Sometimes we become complacent and park our car in a far away corner from our eyes and think it is safe.

We then leave our valuables in open view. You might say we keep our bags in the boot but what about GPS? Car camera? Cash card? I have heard that the cash card cover for the iu is actually counter productive because it ACTUALLY signals that there IS A cash card there which is hidden.

2) we lack situational awareness. I was walking in jb at night when I noticed someone walking past me and then turning around and walking in my direction. I stopped at an Indian movie theatre to pretend to look at the movies there but I was looking at that guy. He stopped also. I carried on walking and he followed. I stopped at some cars parked by roadside and peered in through the windows but I was looking at the reflection to see if he stopped. He stipped. I whirled around and gave him a big smile holding my back pocket. He smiled back and walk away.

Location is opposite jb city square near the bazaar. Not sure if this was shared here.

My point is how many of us notice if someone nearby is moving is a suspicious manner? Maybe I was lucky but I do have this habit of looking around to see if anyone might be following.

3) lastly if the worst happens don't panic. You are alive and well. Your stolen items can be replaced. Your car is insured. You are not in a faraway land but in a neighbouring country. Meaning if you lost everything in a village in Nepal then yea maybe it's time to panic (joking only ah) but not in Malaysia. Make a police report and get back to Singapore by any means possible.

4) and while it might be frustrating think of it as stories to tell your kids MCFers or even friends years down the road when all is over. I know this cos I also felt frustrated when my money was stolen in Amsterdam by a fellow backpacker in 2004 now is just some stories to share to whoever will listen.

Well said.

Once i even nag at my mother in law sitting in the rear for putting her handbag on her lag. Yes mother in law.

• Praise 1

U didn't pay lah....!!!

Turbocharged

Aiyoo we sinkees.... sigh.... if you can't handle malaysia, then stop talking bout wanting to expand, take on the world etc because we dont have the mindset to make it happen

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)

is it going to be MOTHER jam this weekend (next Wed PH) or next weekend (MOTHER'S DAY)

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement