Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Johor CIQ want projects la ... build more roads/lanes, build more counters, build this build that

no build no project no $$ ... huat ah!

Agree on that. The jam on Malaysian side is artificially created because in most of the occasions I drove in, only half of the counters were manned. I drove in on a Friday afternoon via JB and when I was near the counters, saw half the counters had red crosses on them which meant only half were operational. Sometime back, the Johor CIQ was reprimanded by the Sultan for not opening all the counters. Afterwards, they did open all counters and clerance was breeze. Now they are back to their usual self with the tidak apa attitude.

↡ Advertisement

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/johor-considers-flexible-lane-system-to-ease-causeway-traffic-9927324

hopefully this will result in shorter wait.

i queued for more than 2 hours in JB yesterday going back.

I kena last sun. Went in at 8pm. Very clear, within 10mins im in jb. But straight away saw the nightmare... The q going out of jb damn long. Decide to waste time a bit n went for massage. Finished at 11...still jam! All the way till pelangi junction. Ended up reached home 2+

Johor CIQ want projects la ... build more roads/lanes, build more counters, build this build that

no build no project no $$ ... huat ah!

Next will be conversion of lorry lanes to allow dual use by cars. Huat ah!

But 6 months after opening, how many counters will be manned at peak hours?

yesterday around 11.30 morningm jam for an hour but due to rubber stamp too heavy. back around 7 pm slight jam sg side. reason,, decide to channel all cars to 1 lane,, to slow thing down? 

about time for tuas to be cheaper.

that probably will ease woodlands traffic too.

Thought the purpose of building the tuas custom is to ease the woodlands custom traffic?

Slight traffic at the Singapore custom (towards JB) on a monday morning ( 5th Feb) and saw the massive jam along causeway around 3pm while on the way back sg. 

• Praise 1

Want no jam very easy.

Make it SGD1:MYR1

walau, if like that you throw bowling ball from sg custom roll to msia custom also won't hit any car [laugh]
  • Praise 2

I find it weird, it used to be singapore side will find ways to want to ease the Jam at checkpoint and jb side is the one that don't really care. Now it's the opposite, jb side will find ways to want to ease the jam, while singapore side to tighten security and end up worsen the jam.

So now the trend go to the reverse way.

Edited by Yewheng

I find it weird, it used to be singapore side will find ways to want to ease the Jam at checkpoint and jb side is the one that don't really care. Now it's the opposite, jb side will find ways to want to ease the jam, while singapore side to tighten security and end up worsen the jam.

It means you will always got stuck at either side of the custom, you dont want you to have a smooth clear traffic at both custom. Lol.

Security is important. We certainly doesn’t want anyone who smuggle in arms and shoot everyone on the streets.

Still JB made a bad choice for the current location. There are little room for expansion.

• Praise 1

One side wants more Singaporean to go over and spend spend spend .... 

One side wants to slow down traffic to ensure at least 75% checks (can see every vehicles open their boot before immigration booth) on every single cars for goods brought above S$600/- so that they can tax 7% GST.... 

There you see, that's what the two governments had been saying : Win Win situation .   :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Turbocharged

Want no jam very easy.

Make it SGD1:MYR1

Like that the jam will be even worse .

All Malaysians will be coming here for for seafood , milk powder , shopping and massage . 

↡ Advertisement