Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Turbocharged

MY public holidays doesnt coincide with ours mar! To them its just a normal working day! While ours anticipate the holiday traffic theirs wont! Why should they pull personnel from other duties just to cope for 1-2 days of heavy traffic.....maybe need to pay overtime somemore or give off-in-lieu. And you know lar their mentality.....they dont like doing ot especially weekend even if its paid. Their weekends are Friday and Saturday.......

I have long given up going to jb over the weekend......but once in a while when the traffic is light i would just go for makan shopping.

Don't forget, Johor "weekend" is Fri and Sat. Plus Fri afternoon prayers.

↡ Advertisement

Don't forget, Johor "weekend" is Fri and Sat. Plus Fri afternoon prayers.

yes......thats why friday is a gamble if one is to go in.....for me i will just adjust the timing to suit the traffic.

Turbocharged

yes......thats why friday is a gamble if one is to go in.....for me i will just adjust the timing to suit the traffic.

On normal friday, you have to reach SG immigration before 4pm to get relatively smooth traffic. Otherwise the next window for clear traffic is between midnight and 5am in the morning.

On normal friday, you have to reach SG immigration before 4pm to get relatively smooth traffic. Otherwise the next window for clear traffic is between midnight and 5am in the morning.

sometime can be quite clear....sometime can be back to back traffic. I just cant gauge other people when it comes to the causeway.....10 yrs been going to and fro weekly and bi-monthly and still i can get a long surprise....

(edited)

i see... no wonder, because i remember seeing people walking across the causeway when i took bus into JB

then when i wanted to come back SG, i couldn't find any pavement!

i then walked along the side of the road but halfway i gostun because got too many cars liao

in the end took bus back :D

I Guess those people is going to toilet break ... Tak boleh tahan anymore ! Edited by Char

On 30th March morning I plan to have breakfast in JB but end up having lunch [dizzy]  [smash]

5hrs jam!

I got caught in the jam for 7 hours plus on my way to KL.  Reached Tuas at 6am and the queue was already so long even before the Tiger Brewery.   Took me 2 and half hours to clear the Singapore immigration at 8.30m and then another 5 hours just to reach the Johor checkpoint.   What an experience.   It was my second bad experience.   The last time I was caught in the causeway jam for 5 hours and this one is a new record.  I reached KL close to 7pm and along the NSH, the traffic on some parts were very heavy too.  Came back on Sunday,  the jam at the Johor side was a bit long and took us about an hour or so to clear it and then it was smooth sailing all the way to the Singapore checkpoint where there was no queue at all.     They said "once bitten, twice shy", but for my case, "twice bitten, forever shy".    Never again.  Next time, will take a flight especially during a long weekend like this.

On the Friday, for the toilet breaks, at the Tuas side, as the women's toilet had a long queue outside, many women use the men's toilet.   THey went inside the men's toilet and queue outside the cubicle, oblivious to the men doing their business infront of the two urinals.

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

Just taking a stroll in the bird park. Actually, wouldn't it be sexual harassment ?

only if they point and laugh at the birds

I got caught in the jam for 7 hours plus on my way to KL. Reached Tuas at 6am and the queue was already so long even before the Tiger Brewery. Took me 2 and half hours to clear the Singapore immigration at 8.30m and then another 5 hours just to reach the Johor checkpoint. What an experience. It was my second bad experience. The last time I was caught in the causeway jam for 5 hours and this one is a new record. I reached KL close to 7pm and along the NSH, the traffic on some parts were very heavy too. Came back on Sunday, the jam at the Johor side was a bit long and took us about an hour or so to clear it and then it was smooth sailing all the way to the Singapore checkpoint where there was no queue at all. They said "once bitten, twice shy", but for my case, "twice bitten, forever shy". Never again. Next time, will take a flight especially during a long weekend like this.

On the Friday, for the toilet breaks, at the Tuas side, as the women's toilet had a long queue outside, many women use the men's toilet. THey went inside the men's toilet and queue outside the cubicle, oblivious to the men doing their business infront of the two urinals.

U saw @chryst lurking suspiciously around?

Tiagong she loves to be in this type of situation...

They say one..

Tijuana is indeed like a cowboy town. Once you cross the border, it's already hotels, restaurants, bars, street hawkers, ....

Maybe one can say it's a bit like the old causeway, once you cross the border it is Jalan Wong Ah Fook, popular money changers, popular to tourists and robbers likewise. Remember coming back to SG, we used to queue up our cars in JB city proper. Next to the queue was the popular Shell station where there were frequent robberies in those years. After the shell station, we would be queuing under this flyover bridge that was rather low, and once in a while a tall truck goes the wrong way and get stuck under the bridge. Following the queue, I nervously drove by one such truck that looked like it was tilting over. Looking back, the new CIQ and EDL are much better, at least feels safer, though queueing times are much longer now.

Traffic volume wise, ours shouldn't be as bad as other countries. In China, you can be caught in a jam driving on highway into a major city for hours and there's no border crossing or immigration checkpoint.

In the US, try driving across Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge during peak hours. You pay a $5 bridge toll but you are still stuck in the jam.

I think these are real high traffic volume.

bro....its not shell. Its Esso now is petron and i still uses that station to top up because not many will top-up there.

Lorong WAF.......in the 80s many bars and eateries there....start from the old shell station and ends at the old bus station (now no more) near the entrance to Tebrau. Got 1 bar Queen Bee.....

My memory corrupted liao I also don't know. [laugh] I always avoid topping up at the stations near there area, kenna robbed before. Lap sap bar a lot .. [laugh]

i made friends with the pump attendants there.......i always give them pocket money and during raya give them a bit more. So whenever i pump there they will always accompany me and we will strike up a conversation with them. A bit of friendliness and pocket money they will surely help out....even tell me not to top up as the tanker had just filled up their tanks and the petrol wont be good for a while....
  • Praise 1

The reason of the jam is 

1) Not enough officer - 3 counter open per lane

2) Too much video and call to clear off before chopping passport

3) there is always someone chatting with them. The clown would be better chopping passport but chose to keep them company

4) touch and go no money

5) Singapore form filling 

If only they are more understanding they would help the earth by reducing pollutant and conserve energy

• Praise 2

The reason of the jam is

3) there is always someone chatting with them. The clown would be better chopping passport but chose to keep them company

4) touch and go no money

If only they are more understanding they would help the earth by reducing pollutant and conserve energy

thought someone oredy confirmed the cause!

Its because we chose to go out and enter jb at the same time and unlike mrt we only have 2 land route for vehicles....

• Praise 1

thought someone oredy confirmed the cause!

Its because we chose to go out and enter jb at the same time and unlike mrt we only have 2 land route for vehicles....

But the govt are planning to build third link

Planning means.....not even in the urgent list! The hsr and mrt oredy in the execution stage. Lets hope these 2 alternatives ones in operation will make the traffic in both land links smoother.

The reason of the jam is 

4) touch and go no money

I went in via 2nd link on GF too, managed to clear both SG and MY immigation in 3 hrs, started at 5.30pm, cleared by 8.30pm. I guess considered fast alr, after reading the comments from so many here.

1 more reason for the jam was the tour buses.  There were too many tour buses and many were trying to cut queue.

Near to the MY immigration, just before the buses turn left to their own lane, the buses were blocking all lanes except the extreme rght lane.  Only that 1 lane was passable for cars. 

I saw at least 4 SG cars broken down. The cars look pretty new, I suspect maybe the cars ran out of petrol after the long hours in jam....

↡ Advertisement