Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
302 replies to this topic | 74 praises

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

S7rik3R
  • S7rik3R
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just came across the Subaru BRZ price release by Motor Image.

Subaru BRZ at $183,300

http://www.sgcarmart...p?CarCode=11142

But frankly speaking if Toyota GT86 price also around there, which brand will you guys take? Why ?

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Subaru BRZ at $183,300

But frankly speaking if Toyota GT86 price also around there, which brand will you guys take? Why ?

I will chose the BRZ, the GT-86 looks 'softer' dry.gif

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Ev0lutionz
  • Ev0lutionz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

How come the scoob gives me the GTR feeling?

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Rawsushi
  • Rawsushi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Seems to have auto-gearbox option only. This is so disappointing...

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

High_octane
  • Premium member
    High_octane
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The manual is by indent only.
And it cost more! ohmy.gif

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ev0lutionz
  • Ev0lutionz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Seems to have auto-gearbox option only. This is so disappointing...

Auto and RWD just doesnt seem to mix well:(

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    4th Gear
    Author Image

so wat is the difference between the brz and 86 ?
is the car indentical, exactly the same ?? less the rims and the badge,tink the front bumper slight difference.

Else , does both car share same parts ....?? 1st time i think 2 brands share the same car?

which part of the car design by toyota and subaru ?

if brz n 86 same price ...which to buy ??

toyota names it 86 ...for a reason ....will brz lose out ?? Sti version-if no turbocharged then why ??

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so wat is the difference between the brz and 86 ?
is the car indentical, exactly the same ?? less the rims and the badge,tink the front bumper slight difference.

Else , does both car share same parts ....?? 1st time i think 2 brands share the same car?

which part of the car design by toyota and subaru ?

if brz n 86 same price ...which to buy ??

toyota names it 86 ...for a reason ....will brz lose out ?? Sti version-if no turbocharged then why ??

Both same.
Subaru did most of the engineering, Toyota did most of the design
both i will not buy
dcb praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Very nice.
Looks like they copied the 911

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Nightkids
  • Premium member
    Nightkids
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wah laoz......... we will see more crazy/hao lian/speeding subarus around soon...............

i will choose GT-86.....bcos is a 86 and i don like subaru.....

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ae86 was a common bread & butter car in the past made famous by the comic.

they now come out wif a GT86 and subaru BRZ wif a price tag of almost 190k. how funny. lolx
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

I will buy the C180. Also RWD right?
More Atas and more comfort......cheaper too!!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

this BRZ/GT86 is for the fan boys whom has cash to throw.

gif me a choice i would rather buy the coe ae86 lol
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Auto and RWD just doesnt seem to mix well:(

Not really,now almost ALL sports cars came with Auto/DSG,DCT.MCT.PDK etc

Fairlady.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Very nice.
Looks like they copied the 911

No biggie, since Porsche copies themselves all the time. With every "new" model in fact. One might think they cannot afford a design house. Or a wind tunnel.

EDIT: On a second look, it's tough to say. The 350Z/370Z are more obvious 911 copycats. This is like a copy of those, rather than directly off the Porsche.

Edited by Turboflat4, 06 April 2012 - 08:49 PM.

We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No biggie, since Porsche copies themselves all the time. With every "new" model in fact. One might think they cannot afford a design house. Or a wind tunnel.

EDIT: On a second look, it's tough to say. The 350Z/370Z are more obvious 911 copycats. This is like a copy of those, rather than directly off the Porsche.

it's politically correct for Porsche to copy themselves evolving as time passes.

the Nissan 350 is a mix of the Audi TT and 911 but this one is really like a Japanese 911, much more than the Nissans.

Nice I like but unlikely to buy

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Longg8
  • Premium member
    Longg8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Subaru BRZ at $183,300

180k, i will buy a used GTR...... sly.gif

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The manual is by indent only.
And it cost more! ohmy.gif

coz most singaporeans prefer auto.

but manual FTW wink.gif

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

At $180,000.
I guess only hardcore trackies will buy. N the occassional rich buyer.

Too expensive to enjoy the so called driving experience.
I rather get a mercs C180, and remove as much weight inside, remove seat n lining. To makes it as good as the BRZ weight.
Cheaper too.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I will buy the C180. Also RWD right?
More Atas and more comfort......cheaper too!!

180k can get C Class Coupe

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota 86

Toyota 86  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Lcsacc  |  Neutral Newbie

still waiting for delivery!!

I test drove the car in Mid March 2013 and my wife placed a deposit on the same day. We were told May/June delivery. Toyota secured our COE on 3rd bid which is great, but then we were told Early June delivery. By early June, we were told end... » Read More

Subaru BRZ

Subaru BRZ  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Boxerfan  |  Clutched

Best handling car I have owned.

Car handles extremely well and is very responsive to driver input and overall performance is above expectations. Engine wise it is powerful enough (of course more would be even better), it has almost max torque in the low-mid band to navigate... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86

Quick Reply

Tags: subaru, toyota, gt86, brz, suabru and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users