Subaru BRZ and Toyota GT86

S7rik3R

could not agree with you more. was at LK showroom ytd as well. it is true that this car does not give one heavy visual impact, it is way to tall for a sport coupe.... even the SE could not explain clearly on what make this model a seller, just keep on repeating that this is for driving pleasure by not outright performance car.... worst part is, no test drive allowed.......

at 120k (without coe), not even a performance brake were provided..... the stock tire is with michelin primacy HP.....

one thing does attract attention though, its ultra flat torque curve, from 3k till 6.5k rpm which hovering around the 200nm, probably would make a huge driving sensation, well, nvr tested will not know it..... another nice feature is the frame less door frame, which unlike the previous frameless subaru, the glass window will auto lock-in to the upper roof panel to reduce the flimsiness of the glass panel as well as noise.

The car no need performance brake cos it light...easier to stop.

They give u Michelin primary tyres becos this car is for drifting , u can't drift with sticky tyres. Lol

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

not bcoz of the high coe now i sure sapu one piece already...

wait for parallel import

the OMV not high, even if the COE is high, the base cost is actually quite low.

i think there is plenty of room for importers to undercut the AD tremendously

I also waiting for PI.

wait for parallel import

the OMV not high, even if the COE is high, the base cost is actually quite low.

i think there is plenty of room for importers to undercut the AD tremendously

Neutral Newbie

yes it is just him. :D

86' GT limited edition is also out.

May I know what are the additional features of the limited edition version? Could it be special colour, etc?

May I know what are the additional features of the limited edition version? Could it be special colour, etc?

From http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade1/index.html

'86 comes in four flavours - GT 'limited', GT, G & RC (no it's not remote-control :D )

The closest versions are the two GT versions.

Side-by-side really cannot tell

gallery_img_car04.jpg

Only both comes with LED DRL/ F1-style brake light / keyless entry/ start-stop button....

active_image_04.jpg

IMO, the basic model is the meanness looking RC - driving purity only in 6MT - so those only automatic licemse, you can forget it.

grade_img_cardetail04.jpg

Designer also through in some doubt-protection SRS - pls don't use this standard feature.

passive_image_02.jpg

Edit1: only Limited has the H8R colour code.

Edited by Wishcumstrue