Subaru BRZ and Toyota GT86

S7rik3R

My belief was based on the selling prices of the cars, where the BRZ is selling about $5K more than the 86. Your known fact is about the cars sold by them in general, not about the two cars we're discussing.

Both the BRZ and 86 are RWD and for drifting. They were co-developed by both companies and there's virtually no difference in the current models on this, so why would the resale value differ based on RWD/Drifting?

Branding. Like what some has said over here. Just like Sony and Toshiba or Panasonic. Some brands are popular and easier to off-load.

[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

The Cayenne and Touareg was co-developed by Porsche and VW.

Original engines were identical.

One sold more than the other, world-wide.

One depreciates faster than the other in SG, despite their different selling price.

Similarly Audi-VW-Skoda equivalent models.

I fully agree. But the discussion was whether Toyota would command a higher resale value because of the RWD & Drifting capabilities, but this is virtually the same in the current models.

Branding. Like what some has said over here. Just like Sony and Toshiba or Panasonic. Some brands are popular and easier to off-load.

[sweatdrop]

I think Toyotas are easier to off-load because of its value-for-money branding (i.e. relatively low-priced) rather than its RWD/Drifting branding...

I fully agree. But the discussion was whether Toyota would command a higher resale value because of the RWD & Drifting capabilities, but this is virtually the same in the current models.

Yes, I think the FT86 would command a higher resale value than the BRZ, by virtue of the Toyota brand.

a. I believe the Subaru will actually have a higher OMV, selling price, as well as resale value than the Toyota.

b. I think that for guys, the "heart" of the machine is more important. The boxer engine is clearly Subaru. The "86" badge is just a badge.

this is true for every "heart" [laugh]

and the more massive the "heart" the better its capability to "breathe" [laugh]

Hypersonic

Never like Subaru, be it the brand or that bloody CEO 'ah seng'. Damn irritating.

Will definitely get the Toyota if have to choose between the two.

car price is all relative....in the us or uk antique cars can be sold for millions and millions of dollars.....

in singapore the situation is quite different

take a look at this article on a 4.62million mercedes

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/23...end-in-arizona/

it is possible to import in singapore....but only under the classic vehicle scheme.....

for daily driving....or have a coe pegged with it....no chance....or maybe a slight probability with enough cash

Twincharged

Never like Subaru, be it the brand or that bloody CEO 'ah seng'. Damn irritating.

Will definitely get the Toyota if have to choose between the two.

I heard that "Ah Seng" is MotorImage boss's sound..

Hypersonic

I heard that "Ah Seng" is MotorImage boss's sound..

It is. That's why I hate that bugger. [laugh]

(edited)

I think Toyotas are easier to off-load because of its value-for-money branding (i.e. relatively low-priced) rather than its RWD/Drifting branding...

You still don't get it meh. Nothing to do with rear wheel drive or not. It is just simply the brand and not because it is relatively low price. Toyota is never cheap but value for money as many people would think so. Just compare pricing with other brands at the second hand market. Toyota is never cheaper than other brands and somemore Thai made.

Edited by Renegade777

You still don't get it meh. Nothing to do with rear wheel drive or not. It is just simply the brand and not because it is relatively low price. Toyota is never cheap but value for money as many people would think so. Comparing of the same model, a Toyota is never cheaper than other brands even though it is Thai made. Take for example, the so call cheap Corolla is still more expensive than the Subaru Impreza, MIT Lancer, Ford Laser, Nissan Sunny etc. It is only cheaper then the overprice Civic.

I see you've modified your message, but the examples you gave tend to be more expensive than the Altis ($117K). Ford now would be Focus ($126K), Nissan now are the 2L Sylphy/Teana ($161K), Mitsubishi Lancer EX ($120K)...

I see you've modified your message, but the examples you gave tend to be more expensive than the Altis ($117K). Ford now would be Focus ($126K), Nissan now are the 2L Sylphy/Teana ($161K), Mitsubishi Lancer EX ($120K)...

Quote wrongly......talking about their high resale value if you compare especially Thai made. Don't think Focus and Sylphy/Teana is the same model compared to Corolla. Should be Almera instead.

Quote wrongly......talking about their high resale value if you compare especially Thai made. Don't think Focus and Sylphy/Teana is the same model compared to Corolla. Should be Almera instead.

Almera 1.5 leh... then must compare with Vios ($107K-$114K) versus Almera ($108K-$116K)...

CameraZOOM-20120505122141797.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120505122130785.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120505122156071.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120505123330790.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120505123345759.jpg

For a $190K car the interior is so sparse....

CameraZOOM-20120505121452176.jpg

And the rear legroom....What legroom? [:p]

CameraZOOM-20120505122737081.jpg

(edited)

Almera 1.5 leh... then must compare with Vios ($107K-$114K) versus Almera ($108K-$116K)...

Should not compare using price. During my father's time, the competing models are Nissan Sunny (Almera), Mit Lancer, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Subaru Impreza and Ford Laser. The Sunny (Almera) is neber lowest range and a competitor to Vios even though they downgrade to 100cc lower. Vios only has one competitator and that is the Honda City and they are the lowest range of the saloon.

Edited by Renegade777

(edited)

man that radio unit is sooo fail... :S

not even a aftermarket touchscreen GPS unit...

the salesppl there really like swat flies man...

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement