Types of Eco Oil Filter Cartridge

Yeobh

Most of the car makers are already moving towards the direction of using Eco Oil Filters which come with many types of configurations that calls for the use of special oil filter wrenches. Your old strap oil filter wrench may fit in nicely but just do not have the leverage to break open the cartridge. Using force to open it may results in damaging the PVC / Aluminium housing.

If your ride comes with eco filter, be very sure to check with yr friendly mechanic, what type of wrench he is using during yr next visit.

post-272-1333933312_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Slightly costly is Ok because we all must go green.If everyone of us do contribute a bit towards improving the enviroment, we all will benefit many times in returns. If the enviroment is destroy like many places in China, the next generations will have to pay a very heavy price. Lets do our part [:)]

Slightly costly is Ok because we all must go green.If everyone of us do contribute a bit towards improving the enviroment, we all will benefit many times in returns. If the enviroment is destroy like many places in China, the next generations will have to pay a very heavy price. Lets do our part [:)]

Many years back, washable oil filter elements are re-used at each engine oil replenishment. Was that older method for re-cycling/green?

Never have come across such oil filter but I may be wrong. Eco filters are designed in such way that mech can drain the used oil and dispose of the paper filter and re-use the housing. In Many countries such as US , Japan and Europe, workshops cannot dispose the screw on oil filter cartridge - they have to separate the paper filter and the housing. The wastes are disposed off in three separate containers - one for paper filters, the other for metal cartridge housing and the drain oil are sold off for recycling.

Never have come across such oil filter but I may be wrong. Eco filters are designed in such way that mech can drain the used oil and dispose of the paper filter and re-use the housing. In Many countries such as US , Japan and Europe, workshops cannot dispose the screw on oil filter cartridge - they have to separate the paper filter and the housing. The wastes are disposed off in three separate containers - one for paper filters, the other for metal cartridge housing and the drain oil are sold off for recycling.

The old disposable filter element that replaced the washable engine oil filters were like that, before current cartidge oil filters came into the market. Was told during WW2, they allow the used engine oil to settle. Physically pour they through mechanical filter, and use them (minieral-based engine oil) repeatedly. There was no new engine oil available due to the WW2. Synthetic engine oil not yet invented.

Only the paper filter element was disposed. The engine oil can be recycled. The oil filter body/casing re-instated after washing clean. The Mechanics got dirty and oily hands after each engine servicing. [laugh]

Have this features in my old Cat diesel engine.

This one more KS. Came with main and aux filter housings for oil and fuel filters.

By switching the selection, I can replace the cartridges while engine is still running.

No wonder I could not understand as I was born after the WW2. [wave]

Me too. My father' Mechanic did such re-cycling during WW2. Also hybrid cars with steam engine... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement