Steering vibrate ah high speed

Schell31

Hi all,

I just did the 60k km servicing and steering was perfectly alright.

my new tyres just clocked 8000km. after tyres were balanced and rotated, my steering vibrated although faintly at around 100-110km/hr. i can feel the vibration when i try to change lane at high speed.

i balanced my tyre again and all of the were 0-0.

any idea what caused the faint vibration?

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

my new tyres just clocked 8000km. after tyres were balanced and rotated, my steering vibrated although faintly at around 100-110km/hr. i can feel the vibration when i try to change lane at high speed.

Read somewhere b4, ahh found it.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-tires-whe...ml?ref=esp-link

No mention the material/brand of the wheels

I had this KIA steel wheels on my previous Accent that flexes (and also noisier) at around that speed. It was at least 1mm thinner material than Toyota's of the same size. I exchanged wheels with someone and drove happily ever after. [laugh]

Get a mechanic to check your drive shaft, I encounter this and I insist it's not drive shaft but it is, now I'm getting a super smooth ride over 120kph.

It is most likely the wheel balancing is not done correctly or their machine is not calibrated.

This happened to me after I changed my wheels. Went back 2 times to balance, but the problem still exist until the head supervisor did the balancing and that solved my problem.

Hi all,

could it be you feel the vibration when you brake at high speed? one usually brake slightly when changing lane..

if so, it could be your brakes rubbing unevenly on the braking plate of the tyres.. i had that problem and the plate needs to be sanded...

could it be you feel the vibration when you brake at high speed? one usually brake slightly when changing lane..

if so, it could be your brakes rubbing unevenly on the braking plate of the tyres.. i had that problem and the plate needs to be sanded...

Braking plate: brake rotor. [;)]

there is balancing n high speed balancing

if i not remember wrongly balancing is up till speed 80/100

high speed is balancing done at 120 if i not wrong

when brake then thats ur rotor, different subject

Maybe the wheel balancer is out of calibration. The other possiblity maybe one of the balancing weigh is loose.

↡ Advertisement