New tactics from property agents

Tom_kkh

(edited)

heard only ar, don sue me.

scenario : -

I want to sell my house. i use an agent.

the agent found me a potential buyer. but he don bring the buyer to me(yet).

the agent call his colleague( lets call him Mr B) to approach "my" potential buyer and tell the buyer he got a suitable house n want to act as the buyer agent.

so when the sales is concluded. my agent will get his com from me. Mr B will get his com from the buyer and share with my agent.

Y do that? because nowadays agent can only collect com from 1 side... so by introducing an agent to the buyer, he get more $....

anyone met this type of agent before?

Edited by Tom_kkh
↡ Advertisement

the agent call his colleague( lets call him Mr B) to approach "my" potential buyer and tell the buyer he got a suitable house.

so when the sales is concluded. my agent will get his com from me. Mr B will get his com from the buyer and share with my agent.

Y do that? because nowadays agent can only collect com from 1 side... so by introducing an agent to the buyer, he get more $....

i have experienced worse.

Consider it a payment for paper work and foot work lor.

But wouldn't the buyer know? When both agent would have already seen him.

Turbocharged

Talking about housing agents just make my blood boil. Paste ads all over the place because they really hack care if they dirty the estate, after all they are not living there, just there to make $$. It is cos such acts of vandalism are not punished heavily enough that they continue to do so. Pui!

[mad]

Consider it a payment for paper work and foot work lor.

But wouldn't the buyer know? When both agent would have already seen him.

if both buyer and seller provide evidence, i wonder which govt agency or trade association can take actions against the two 'cheats'? [:(] these guys need to be close monitored and regulated to protect the interest of their clients who pay them big money.

the agent call his colleague( lets call him Mr B) to approach "my" potential buyer and tell the buyer he got a suitable house n want to act as the buyer agent.

I use my own agent, never use one that approach me

Talking about housing agents just make my blood boil. Paste ads all over the place because they really hack care if they dirty the estate, after all they are not living there, just there to make $$. It is cos such acts of vandalism are not punished heavily enough that they continue to do so. Pui!

[mad]

throw all their ads into the mail box, the more the merrier, flood the box and let post office go after them.... :D

Sky Habitat Project

Developer Location Total no of units Tenure TOP date Land cost Est breakeven cost ASP

Units Configuration 1BR 2BR 3BR 4BR PH

Sky Habitat Capitaland/Mitsubishi Estate Asia/Shimizu Bishan

no of units: 509

99-year

1Q2016

S$869psf ppr

Breakeven S$1300-1350psf

S$1700-1800psf (est)

Sky Habitat Project

Developer Location Total no of units Tenure TOP date Land cost Est breakeven cost ASP

Units Configuration 1BR 2BR 3BR 4BR PH

Sky Habitat Capitaland/Mitsubishi Estate Asia/Shimizu Bishan

no of units: 509

99-year

1Q2016

S$869psf ppr

Breakeven S$1300-1350psf

S$1700-1800psf (est)

You're marketing this too ah!

80% of all fellow agents I've met are dodgy. If you get the chance to sit down with a whole bunch of agents and have kopi, you'll realise that for most $ is the only motivating factor.

Quite often, the first will try and chop carrot the buyer that they need an agent (which they don't) and refer their colleague, but only if the potential buyer wants to make an offer.

I don't bother. I just help the buyer out FOC because the goodwill is far more important to me, and the truth is, the goodwill has helped.

if both buyer and seller provide evidence, i wonder which govt agency or trade association can take actions against the two 'cheats'? [:(] these guys need to be close monitored and regulated to protect the interest of their clients who pay them big money.

Uncle Fu, you can contact the CEA CEA Singapore if one of two things can be proven.

1) The sellers agent carroted the buyer into using an agent.

2) The sellers agent got remuneration from the buyer.

(edited)

[mad]

Paste ads? I'm guessing those paper ones at lift lobbies etc? If so, go complain to CEA or BCA. We're not supposed to. I actually suspect those are not certified agents.

Edited by Elfenstar

I use my own agent, never use one that approach me

IMHO, nothing wrong with one that approaches. However once you find a good one, stick with him/her.

If you are talking about private property transaction, usually the estate agent representing the purchaser will get some commission sharing from the vendor's agent. Purchaser no need pay commission.

Because now agent can only represent a single side..either buyer or seller side...so it is not wrong for him to get his team member or such to act for the other party..,.

I think they call it co-broke or something...

From my understanding of what you posted, what do you have to lose? You still only pay your agent the same commision.

If it were me, and I know who the buyer is, together we will find another agent to take up the sale for both parties and get a discount on his commisions (from both parties)... provided there was no signed agreement earlier.

(edited)

Because now agent can only represent a single side..either buyer or seller side...so it is not wrong for him to get his team member or such to act for the other party..,.

It depends. As long as there is no deceit involved (i.e. telling the buyer that an agent is required- as per what a lot of HDB agents say), then its fine.

Edited by Elfenstar
↡ Advertisement