Is it me or this is just one off

Scb11980

I have my share of frustrations when seeking a solution among the government agencies

get herd from one agency to another

until give up

perhaps this is their aim

that is for us to give up pursuing

SPF: As long as the litter does not kill

Posted on 11 Apr 2012

Why has nothing been done about killer litter at Serangoon North for two years?

STOMPer William says killer litter has been raining down from Block 126, Serangoon North Ave 1 for almost two years, yet nothing has done about it.

He says:

"This took place at Block 126, Serangoon North Ave 1; someone here has been throwing litter down almost every day, from 1.2L pet bottles, curry gravy to take away packets etc.

"Multiple complaints have been lodged to the Town council and NEA for the past 2 years. Till now, the culprits have not been caught and litter is still being thrown down.

"The Town Council stated that these issues are under the purview of HDB (leasee behavior) and NEA (high-rise littering). However, NEA pushes the blame to the police stating it is killer litter.

"The police say that as long as the litter does not kill, the matter is under the purview of NEA.

"So who will take action? "

↡ Advertisement

my own experience is different.

One of my neighbours has a habbit of throwing food on staircase and lift landings. Complained to NEA and town council and they tried to catch him in the act but unsuccessful.

One fine day, he threw some rubbish out of his window. One of the items thrown was a glass mug. I took some pictures and filed a police report. Couple of months later, the police wrote to me saying that the litter bug was charged in court and fined and also imprisoned for a few months.

So the police do arrest such litter bugs. Just whether they want to or not.

good question. Until now i still have no idea how they proved.

But I knew that it was his because there were traces of rubbish on aircon ledges that were below his flat.

In addition, a particular brand of instant coffee packaging was amongst the rubbish, and I knew that this guy drank the brand.

I only provided these 'evidence' to the police, recorded down a statement and they took over from there. Maybe they got a confession from that guy.

↡ Advertisement