• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
112 replies to this topic | 60 praises

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi,

just received a letter from LTA, after obtaining my license since 2006..

this is the first offense that involved a demerit points..

date/time of offense: 25 march, 8.09pm..
Offense: light vehicle, park within a demerit points no parking zone under rule 24A road traffic rules..

yeah, i'm the driver.
was in the vehicle, didn't realize that i was 'snapped' by a LTA sniper.
waiting for gf to buy hokkien mee from beach road market..

the fine is $120 with 3 demerit point.

in the past, i did received numerous traffic offense.. nothing to shout or tone about.
mistakes made and duly paid.

i was wondering, since this is my first offense that involved a fine with demerit point.
could i actually appeal?
anyone successfully appeal in the past?

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

is it lgv?

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

is it lgv?

i recalled, it's the stretch of road along golden mile.

i saw there's a CCTV camera whereby there's a notice board that state CCTV in monitoring.

so it's really freaking working..

man, i was waiting for my gf during that time.
she went to the travel agency to collect her mum's coach ticket..
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

may i ask, after i send the letter of appeal over.

which i will be informed one month later after LTA consideration.

meantime, could i actually ignore the penalty while waiting?
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

may i ask, after i send the letter of appeal over.

which i will be informed one month later after LTA consideration.

meantime, could i actually ignore the penalty while waiting?

Yes you can ignore till a decision is made... you send appeal already? In the standard reply to you... they will tell you to ignore

What I am curious is you say buy hokkien meeting, now you say collect ticket

Or is it both?
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes you can ignore till a decision is made... you send appeal already? In the standard reply to you... they will tell you to ignore

What I am curious is you say buy hokkien meeting, now you say collect ticket

Or is it both?

my bad, it was the coach ticket collection.

hokkien mee is sometime back, earlier march.

just clarify with my gal.

think tomorrow can buy 4D liao..

this week, second ticket in a row..
last sunday was even worst, free carpark, from 7am to 1030pm.
white lot..
i still get a ticket for that.. without further hesitation, i wrote in and appeal.

every car beside was doing fine, no showing of carpark coupon too.

why only me.. sleep.gif
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hi,

just received a letter from LTA, after obtaining my license since 2006..

this is the first offense that involved a demerit points..

Offense: light vehicle, park within a demerit points no parking zone under rule 24A road traffic rules..

yeah, i'm the driver.
was in the vehicle, didn't realize that i was 'snapped' by a LTA sniper.
waiting for gf to buy hokkien mee from beach road market..

the fine is $120 with 3 demerit point.

in the past, i did received numerous traffic offense.. nothing to shout or tone about.
mistakes made and duly paid.

i was wondering, since this is my first offense that involved a fine with demerit point.
could i actually appeal?
anyone successfully appeal in the past?

Bro, if this is your very first time ? I will PM to you one of my Magic way that can only use once sly.gif Pls check PM from me later. nod.gif

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

W210k
  • W210k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Deleted.
Repeated comment on inconsistent stories

Edited by W210k, 13 April 2012 - 08:09 PM.

V6 Quad-cam 24v 231 BHP RWD
IL-6 DOHC 24v 192 BHP x-Drive

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Nf0rc3r
  • Premium member
    Nf0rc3r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now more and more places using CCTV so owner in car the person viewing the screen also can summon. No need scared get scolding.

Back to your question..
I find it very strange when people ask this can appeal anot. that can appeal anot.
We say can. U also may not be successful. No matter what u have to appeal.
So why not try to appeal and wait for result? biggrin.gif

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

FastFastCar
  • FastFastCar
    Banned

Can if you write beautifully and is elite.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

there's always a lot of illegal parking at this area. but I didnt know there's cctv monitoring here

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

Can if you write beautifully and is elite.

Write beautiful ly till it rthym!
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

FastFastCar
  • FastFastCar
    Banned

Write beautiful ly till it rthym!

Basically don't me like me fug the tp for being useless not catching reckless drivers and fine me for parkig offences, they dig up my entire driving records and fug me back

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Dogbert1973
  • Dogbert1973
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

last sunday was even worst, free carpark, from 7am to 1030pm.
white lot..
i still get a ticket for that.. without further hesitation, i wrote in and appeal.

every car beside was doing fine, no showing of carpark coupon too.

why only me.. sleep.gif

You have to be careful parking in white lots on Sunday, I learnt this the hard way

White lots on Sundays is meaningless, the most important thing is the Signboard!

The govt expects you to read the signboard of every carpark you park located at the entrance of the carpark only

I have seen

1) White lots that are not free on Sunday

2) white lots outside a multi storey carpark that are not free, but white lots inside the multi storey is free.

And they are back to back!

And all sort of patterns in between with red lots, red & white lots etc..

It is a messed up system, why can't they just standardize into a few colors. Red for season. White for hourly/free parking on Sunday. And perhaps yellow for hourly /no free parking on Sunday.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U can appeal of course. U need not pay your fine yet while waiting for LTA to respond to your appeal.

Yes, nowadays the officer need not appear to issue u a summon. Sometimes they do appear but won't talk to you or give u a summon. They just take down your car regn no. and ride off. A week later the summon letter is sent to the vehicle owner.

Is this your first summon from LTA? If yes, chances of getting waiver (should be) high, provided you write them a good and reasonable explanation.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Did you park on double yellow zig-zag lines?

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro, if this is your very first time ? I will PM to you one of my Magic way that can only use once sly.gif Pls check PM from me later. nod.gif

yeah, this is my virgin demerit. haha, thank you bro

bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Did you see my PM ?

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Now more and more places using CCTV so owner in car the person viewing the screen also can summon. No need scared get scolding.

Back to your question..
I find it very strange when people ask this can appeal anot. that can appeal anot.
We say can. U also may not be successful. No matter what u have to appeal.
So why not try to appeal and wait for result? biggrin.gif

dunnoe mah. first timer
tongue.gif
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Did you park on double yellow zig-zag lines?

light vehicle, park within a demerit points no parking zone = single yellow zigzag

if stop within a demerit points no parking zone then double yellow zigzag

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: appeal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users