Search
Cancer Cells Cannot Survive Alkaline Environment

• Search this thread
36 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hope this will pass on to any cancer patients. True or not, no harm trying since it is better to believe it than nothing.

http://www.acidalkal...diet-for-cancer

Alkaline Diet for Cancer: Cancer Cells Cannot Survive In an Alkaline Environment
Maintaining a diet that promotes an alkaline pH within the body is good protection against cancer. When a person eats this kind of diet, the natural pH balance will lean more towards the alkaline side of the scale, instead of the acid level of the scale.

Unfortunately, all too often a personís pH tends to be too acidic, making a good alkaline cancer treatment even more important. Many people believe that an alkaline pH can not only protect the body against cancer, but can even help to cure it once it has developed.

What is an Alkaline Diet?

Many people become confused in regards to alkaline and acid diets because they think that it refers to the actual pH level of the food itself. This is not the case, as some foods which are highly acidic in their natural form, such as lemons and limes, actually have an alkaline effect on the body. An alkaline diet usually involves eating minimal amounts of meats, dairy products, white flour and white sugar, because these foods have a very acidic reaction on the bodyís pH level. Instead, the diet usually focuses heavily on fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts such as almonds, and soy products, because they leave an alkaline ash within the body.

How Does an Alkaline Diet Affect Cancer Cells?

Studies have shown that in the test tube, cancer cells and tumors thrive and grow in a more acidic environment. When the level of acid is lowered, tumors grow much more slowly. If this behavior occurs in the test tube, it stands to reason that cancer cells in the body would also be detrimentally affected by an overall alkaline environment. It would also make sense that if the bodyís pH is acidic, then the growth of cancer cells and tumors would be encouraged. By eating mostly foods that make the bodyís pH more alkaline, there would be less of a chance for cancer cells to develop and grow. So, by adjusting the diet, it is actually possible to create a less hospitable environment for cancer cells, thus improving a personís chances of experiencing good health.

Other Alkaline Benefits

Cancer cells also do not grow well in the presence of oxygen. When oxygen levels are low, cancer cells have more of an opportunity to thrive and multiple. When body tissues have a high alkaline level, they are able to hold much more oxygen as compared to tissues with a high acid level. A high alkaline level within the body also makes it easier for cells to discard waste and toxins. As a result, tissues and cells within the body are more susceptible to damage and unhealthy conditions if the bodyís pH is too acidic. By maintaining an alkaline pH, youíll be helping to protect your bodyís cells in addition to discouraging the development and growth of cancerous cells.

Tips for Maintaining an Alkaline Cancer Cure Diet

Although itís not necessary to give up all meat and dairy products, you should definitely minimize your consumption of them. You can also counteract the acidic effects of certain foods by combining them properly with other foods. Most people find many benefits in a good alkaline cancer diet that is rich in fruit and other high alkaline foods.

And here is the food.

http://thealkalinefoods.org/

Alkaline Foods
No comments
The food we eat and consume in our day to day life has diverse composition. It becomes digested in the internal organs and the enzymes acts upon it thereby converting its compound to its desired functions. More often than not, foods may turn in its alkaline or acidic form. This has an effect on the essential minerals in the body as well as its function. It may be positive or negative depending on the present state of the human body. Homeostasis is the balance between alkalinity and acidity. Once the other goes larger in form than the other as compared to normal that is where the problem begins. The reason is that both of these are two hefty opposing forces that greatly affect the milieu of the body. Therefore, it is better to be knowledgeable on these compounds so that proper balance will be maintained.

Scientifically speaking, the quantity of the alkalinity must not exceed eighty percent. On the other hand, acidity should be maintained on its twenty percent state. This ratio is based on the studies of famous nutritionists. Moreover, there are also alkaline diet course that you may enroll with if you are very much interested in the application of an alkaline diet in the activities of daily living.

Alkaline foods classification

The good thing with alkaline diet is that it comes in very simple form. Once you start taking green leafy vegetables, you are already on your way to the proper application of the diet. The common practice in identifying the better vegetables to take is through looking at its color intensity. When the leaves are intensely green, then you can say that it is more alkaline as compared to those who are not. This is an easy indication that is of sure help.

What about those vegetables that is of different color? Now, that is where the query follows. Let us say for illustration, tomatoes, eggplants as well as potatoes, are they not considered to be alkaline? In fact, they are. The general rule is that any vegetables that contain peeling are already considered as foods very rich in alkaline. However, on the instance that it is peeled, it may in turn become acidic. An example of this is the famous spinach. Once it is fresh and raw, it is classified as an alkaline food. However, the moment it becomes submitted to high temperature and cooked, it becomes acidic. This is the underlying reason why thorough understanding on the state of the foods is necessary to know.

Pureed and extracted juices from vegetables especially those green ones are good way to increase the intake of alkaline foods like wheat grass. The problem, however, is that most of the country folks are hesitant to drink this due to its earth-like flavor. Considering its benefits to the body, it is worth taking. Focus on the minerals contained therein and the nutritional advantages it carries with.

Fresh fruits having low sugar content are also considered as alkaline. Exclude from the list those berries and canned fruits, even plums as well as prunes. This is because they belong to the acid-ash diet that is good for people having urinary tract infections.

When we say alkaline, it includes in its long list of foods some of the protein sources. Tofu or soy is a good example of this. There are also nuts like chestnuts, almonds and legumes that belong to the alkaline family. Would you believe that there are also foods that neutralize the acidic compounds inside the body? The answer is a big yes. Roots together with tubers are the one to do the task of neutralization. Miraculously, even natural sweeteners like the famous stevia as well as herbal seasonings are alkalizing.

The real picture however, is not what we see from the surface. It runs deep within. The process of oxidation makes the process of identifying alkalinity and acidity more intricate and complex. Even the modernization of food preparation alters the natural state of power of hydrogen. Thus, foods such as lemons, animal sources and grains are acidic in nature yet when oxidized change its form. It becomes alkaline.

Now, why is there a need to figure out the big difference between acid and base balance? The reason is very simple. . Since there is always a possibility for the body to take in the natural alkalinity of the blood and bones, the body must be slightly alkaline. When acidosis occurs, it might possibly destroy the customary components of the bones thus depleting its density. There is also a need to maintain the blood in its normal level. There must be a buffering system within for equilibrium to be maintained.

Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

yup, its true and i totally believe in it
"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"
From book titled "I move Your Cheese" by Deepak Malhotra

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

seems rather nifty as an idea but the problem is, there are buffer systems present in the body. i am pretty sure that any attempt to tilt the pH towards the alkaline side will be buffered so as to speak.
you thought i was talking about you? BAZINGA PUNK!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Bavarian
  • Premium member
    Bavarian
    2Fast2Furious

seems rather nifty as an idea but the problem is, there are buffer systems present in the body. i am pretty sure that any attempt to tilt the pH towards the alkaline side will be buffered so as to speak.

No wonder Duracells never gets cancer... mellow.gif
Stew Pig.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear

Have 2 relatives were a cancer victims before and they have since been taking alkaline food. For 5 years, no relaspe. I believe it does help.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed

No wonder Duracells never gets cancer... mellow.gif

your duracells are humanoids meh? dry.gif

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Jim
  • Jim
    4th Gear

With all due respect, you cannot put "no harm trying" with medical advice in one sentence.

"Studies have shown" but I dont see any actual studies cited. I only have a little bit of Chemistry background, but I know we rely on stomach acids to kill bacteria, and alkaline food will weaken the stomach acid and you will have a food poisoning problem.

I welcome a doctor or nutritionist to come in and prove me wrong, but I think the foods mentioned makes little to no change to the body pH. I'll burn my chemistry textbooks if anybody can demonstrate how acidic food like lemon juice can turn alkaline "when oxidised".

Now I am not saying it doesnt work, but if it does, it is more likely a placebo effect or something more complicated than changing pH. The reason why cancer is so hard to cure is simply because cancer cells are indistinguishable from healthy cells, except they keep reproducing.
I'll leave you with the wikipedia entry with actual studies refuting the assertion cited:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Alkaline_diet

A selectively alkaline diet has not been shown to elicit a sustained change in blood pH levels, nor to provide the clinical benefits alleged by its proponents. Because of the body's natural regulatory mechanisms, eating an alkaline diet can, at most, change the blood pH minimally and transiently. In addition, the mechanisms by which an alkaline diet would produce the alleged benefits are vague, unknown, or nonfactual.[2]

Recent systematic reviews of the published medical literature have found no indication that an alkaline diet can prevent osteoporosis, nor that such diets produce any beneficial effect on bone health whatsoever.[3][4][5] As a result, alkaline diets are not widely accepted by the mainstream medical or scientific communities, and their promotion is sometimes described as pseudoscience.[6] Alkaline diets are described as "nonsense" by the alternative-medicine watchdog site Quackwatch.[7]

Edited by Jim, 16 April 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    4th Gear

Whether changing the PH balance works to prevent or cure Cancer is one argument.

There must be some positive effect from the regular consumption of alkaline products.

Why else would vinegar drinks be so popular in countries like Taiwan & Japan?

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Jtay
  • Premium member
    Jtay
    4th Gear

i don't know about alkaline environment and the body. But whatever the reason, i personally think it makes a whole lot of sense to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    4th Gear

i don't know about alkaline environment and the body. But whatever the reason, i personally think it makes a whole lot of sense to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables.

I agree with u. thumbsup.gif

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    Turbocharged

with one sentence, u've already hit on the crux why it's even stupid to talk about alkaline foods n acidic foods based on their definition laugh.gif

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear

This is what they are saying... Akaline Diet.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear

Well, there is no right or wrong, truth or false. If you cannot see the lights in a tunnel, you still have to continue walking and can't be walking backward. "There is no harm trying" to move forward to see the lights at the end of the tunnel. Right? tongue.gif

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    Turbocharged

Well, there is no right or wrong, truth or false. If you cannot see the lights in a tunnel, you still have to continue walking and can't be walking backward. "There is no harm trying" to move forward to see the lights at the end of the tunnel. Right? tongue.gif

Wrong. Because those lights could be an oncoming train.

Poor metaphors aside, please don't give misleading pseudoscientific medical advice over the Internet. Or at least have the grace and good sense to concede that you may be out of your depth when others cite good sources debunking it. Like this one: http://www.quackwatc...DSH/coral2.html

BTW, there ARE dangers to giving unfounded medical advice like this. For instance, people may be duped into spending their hard-earned money on snake oil "panaceas". Even worse, sufferers of dread diseases like cancer may grasp at straws to the point where they disregard the rational advice of their physicians in favour of this sort of quackery. So please don't do it.

Edited by Turboflat4, 16 April 2012 - 10:12 PM.

Praise be unto He.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear

Wrong. Because those lights could be an oncoming train.

Poor metaphors aside, please don't give misleading pseudoscientific medical advice over the Internet. Or at least have the grace and good sense to concede that you may be out of your depth when others cite good sources debunking it. Like this one: http://www.quackwatc...DSH/coral2.html

BTW, there ARE dangers to giving unfounded medical advice like this. For instance, people may be duped into spending their hard-earned money on snake oil "panaceas". Even worse, sufferers of dread diseases like cancer may grasp at straws to the point where they disregard the rational advice of their physicians in favour of this sort of quackery. So please don't do it.

Haha, I am not giving any misleading pseudoscientific medical advice, I am just sharing. If you are in the critical stage of cancer and you still think that chemo or radiotherapy can do the cure, then be it. If there is any other "hopes" of surviving, I will try all means. It is up to individual to believe. As said earlier, 2 relatives of mine have shown good sign and no relapse. I am just sharing the cause and effect. smile.gif

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Requiemdk
  • Requiemdk
    5th Gear

Correlation != causation.
W124 200E

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear

Exactly.

People who own TV's are much more likely to suffer heart attacks, so TV's cause heart attacks?

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed

Since you are going academic, i might as well add this in.

What you cannot prove, you cannot deem the premise to be false. That is because, in order for the latter to be categorically valid without doubt, you will have to disprove it.

cannot be proven =/= disproving something

Science is the discipline of enquiry. Nothing is technically impossible till proven otherwise.

Food for your thought.

Edited by Happily1986, 17 April 2012 - 12:29 AM.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Requiemdk
  • Requiemdk
    5th Gear

Burden of proof. Not claiming something to be true does not imply that it's false, but assuming causation is one olympic leap of logic.

Edited by Requiemdk, 17 April 2012 - 07:33 AM.

W124 200E

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Homeostasis. Body will apply negative feedback to bring the pH level to normal levels

'Do Unto Others, BEFORE they do unto you'

Back to Football Channel  ·  Others Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users